It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:47 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
The Tigers are playing awful this year, with all that talent and salary...

The Pistons, yet again, underachieved with all that talent...

Wolverine football decided to lose to a 1-AA school and destroy any chance of a national title chance, and thus gave up on their season...

Spartan basketball decided to be doubled up in the first half against Memphis, and never recovered...

The Lions.... ummm... yeah....

Thank you to the Red Wings for giving us Michigan sports fan a champion this year!!!

:blob4:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Lord Stanley returns to Hockeytown. All is right in the world. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:31 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

:partyman:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:58 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
Wolverine football decided to lose to a 1-AA school and destroy any chance of a national title chance, and thus gave up on their season...
You say that like it's a bad thing..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:00 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
The pistons achieved what they should given their talent. There isnt a single "go to" guy in the bunch. If you are giving me Sheed or Billups.. you need to check your reality at the door son. Neither of them crack the top 25 players in the league.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:55 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I disagree, especially with Wallace. Call it home town fan boy-ism, fine. While I cannot stand him due to all his tirades and whining that he does... when he WANTS to, he is a top 10 player in the NBA. Of course, the question with him is always if he wants to be in that category. And unfortunately for us Pistons fans, his inconsistency is so mind blowing and horrific that he cannot be considered an elite player.

But the thing is, he does have the talent and physical gifts and abilities to be top 10... just doesn't have the mental aptitude to do so.

I think they are going to trade Wallace and Billups in the off season personally. Stuckey and Maxiell can come off the bench and replace them as starters, and hopefully we can get some young value and talent in return. Problem with Wallace is that I don't know of a team that would want him because of all the previously listed negative attributes he has... so I don't know if there is a good trade out there that brings value for him. Billups, a great point guard in a point guard driven league nowadays, can bring value to a contending team that is one point guard away. If Chicago decides to go with Beasley, maybe trade a couple youngers for Billups? Of course, that is an inter-division trade that rarely happens, especially with stars...

But off tangeant, let's get back on the Red Wing love fest :)

Have fun to those of you in Detroit going to the parade tomorrow!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:14 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
when he WANTS to, he is a top 10 player in the NBA.

Once again, you impress us all with your sports knowledge.

LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Yao Ming
Rasheed Wallace
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Chris Bosh
Carlos Boozer
Joe Johnson
David West

That look right to you? Please. Rasheed is lucky if he's the 10th best CENTER in the league (and not even close to being the in the top 10 for FORWARDS if you'd prefer to place him there).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:33 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Completely agree. Rasheed is pretty ok imo, it's been a long time since he's been real clutch and hit the big shots. I think he peaked in the 04-05 season. I dunno though. He's been pretty vocal lately too about whining. I mean, he's always whined, but he really went all out a week ago or whatever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:44 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I had a long post arguing my point when I realized... I am debating with fucking former Everquest players about sports. People whose sports IQ is as common as the common sports fan. And that is when I realized it doesn't matter what kind of facts/opinions I provide, because common sports fan generally cannot analyze and think intellectually about sports debate. And several posters who everyone knows who they are just love to bash and laugh at every opinion I post, whether it is valid or silly.

I personally think that if Rasheed Wallace ever got his head on straight, that he could potentially/possibly be one of the top 10 NBA players. Don't like it? Get the fuck out of the post then. I hardly bash people's opinions in this forum as much as this forum bashes my opinions. It truely is sad, some of you seriously need to get a life or just ignore any post/thread that I start. Otherwise, I would suggest that you respect the opinions of others regardless of how silly or dumb you think those opinions are.

And trust me, if a lot of you post your sports opinions onto various other message boards across the internet (and not a former Everquest server message board), your opinions will be so mocked and scoffed at that some of you may not mentally recover from the embarassment of your opinion that other posters on other sports message boards will give to you.

So continue to bash my opinion in the comfort of the former Lanys message board if it makes your sports e-peen feel that much better. I am quite confident that I will get over it in about, o, 3 seconds...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:47 PM 
Bridge Dweller

cicely wrote:
I had a long post arguing my point when I realized... I am debating with fucking former Everquest players about sports. People whose sports IQ is as common as the common sports fan. And that is when I realized it doesn't matter what kind of facts/opinions I provide, because common sports fan generally cannot analyze and think intellectually about sports debate. And several posters who everyone knows who they are just love to bash and laugh at every opinion I post, whether it is valid or silly.

I personally think that if Rasheed Wallace ever got his head on straight, that he could potentially/possibly be one of the top 10 NBA players. Don't like it? Get the fuck out of the post then. I hardly bash people's opinions in this forum as much as this forum bashes my opinions. It truely is sad, some of you seriously need to get a life or just ignore any post/thread that I start. Otherwise, I would suggest that you respect the opinions of others regardless of how silly or dumb you think those opinions are.

And trust me, if a lot of you post your sports opinions onto various other message boards across the internet (and not a former Everquest server message board), your opinions will be so mocked and scoffed at that some of you may not mentally recover from the embarassment of your opinion that other posters on other sports message boards will give to you.

So continue to bash my opinion in the comfort of the former Lanys message board if it makes your sports e-peen feel that much better. I am quite confident that I will get over it in about, o, 3 seconds...

Quoting for hilarity.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:11 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Sports that start with B are boring and stupid. Back to hockey. Red Wings rulez. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:37 AM 

Quote:
Sports that start with B are boring and stupid. Back to hockey. Red Wings rulez. :D
Curling doesn't start with a B.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:41 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
cicely wrote:

Ah, Cicely, posting 10,000 words just to say you don't care.

The truth is, your posts about sports make me laugh and cringe at the same time. You remind me of the nerdy guy at the bar who tries to get involved in heated debates on topics he doesn't know anything about, then comes up with some off the wall response so the rest of the guys in the conversation have to stop min-argument, turn, and say, "what the fuck are you talking about?" Then they laugh at the moron who butted in and buy each other beers, forgetting what they were arguing about in the first place.

I can tell a person's sports knowledge when I see them use the awesome "nobody wants to win as much as them!" arguments. I can tell a person's sports knowledge when I see them say, "if he just puts his mind to it, he can be the bestest!" I can tell a person's sports knowledge when half of the discussions they attempt to start begin with, "I was listening to the Dick and Head show on the radio and they said..." And I can CERTAINLY tell a person's sports knowledge when I see them say, "can someone explain to me why..."

I don't need to visit 100 other sports message boards a day like you do to come up with valid (in my opinion) arguments. I know enough to know Skip Bayless is a complete moron. I know enough to know that Avery "Jackson" wouldn't be able to coach the Suns to the promised land so I wouldn't try to tell people that he would be taking the job just because I read a prediction about it on Deadspin. Anyway, I'm sure you'll keep posting and I'll keep bashing. Life will go on. You still say you wouldn't trade Greg Oden for Kobe?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:44 AM 

The mangina's are restless.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:36 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

joxur wrote: