PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
How did your team do?

I thought the Steelers showed some draft flexibility by getting Mendenhall when their needs are screaming OL/DL. Fast Willie is still a good back but adding another good back will make both of them better. Dixon could be the heir to Ward or at least the Slash/Randel-El type player.

I don't like McFadden going to the Raiders - not just my dislike of the Silver and Black but he could be a really good back but is going to a very bad situation.

The Jets and Bengals seemed like they were reacting all during the draft and not acting.

Like all drafts, the day after the draft is way too early to tell who was good or not. At best we will have to wait until next year to see if this year's draft was decent or not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:47 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
The Saints and the Texans both had ok drafts. I do know that the draft was almost unwatchable on ESPN. Worst coverage ever... by far.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:29 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I am a die hard Steelers fan, and hated the draft.

The Steelers did not address their 2 biggest needs, namely OL and CB's. Mendenhall is not enough of a departure from Parker's running style to really work as a dual attack. Dixon has already said that Tomlin is only interested in him as a QB, not as a WR. And we all know how slash worked out for us last time.

Horrid choices on the 2nd draft day sunk the team for this season. I predict Ben will be out with a concussion by game 6. We are working with an O line that was subpar to begin with, anchored on a pro bowler who just departed. Will not be a fun season in Pittsburgh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:26 PM 
Do you smell that?

NFL Network's coverage was pretty bad too, but better than ESPN's.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:29 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
The Lions drafted some Army guy. Now he won't go over to the Middle East and fight for our country. And I guess we drafted some guy in the first round when there was a ton of great running backs out there, although we got some guy in the third round who led the nation last year in rushing. Woo.

The Lions will still suck. Like they always do. And I am glad that I did not watch the draft. About maybe 30 minutes total time from flipping during commercials of basketball games on Sunday, but that was it. I was hoping for some major rant from Kiper or McShay or Jaws about some team making an idiotic pick and destroying their draft, but seems like most team's picks made sense.

They did say that Jacksonville taking Harvey at 8 was too high, and I think they questioned Houston and Tennessee's first round picks because of more priority positions or something. I dunno. Don't care. When half the guys won't make the team or have any iota of impact, and when a guy like Colston can be in the seventh round and become a stud receiver... the draft is nothing more than a crap shoot.

BTW the heads up poker challenge on NBC was far more entertaining...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:08 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
The Lions drafted some Army guy. Now he won't go over to the Middle East and fight for our country

You're such a fucking moron.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:27 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
the lions support terrorism!!!

also the cowboys went all offense (i think, didn't care much) so... there's that

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:12 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
randy wrote:
the lions support terrorism!!!

also the cowboys went all offense (i think, didn't care much) so... there's that

actually the cowboys grabbed a couple corners as well as running backs and a tight end ... seemingly a fine draft for them, but time will tell.

Offline Profile