It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:49 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:53 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I am in the 4th hour of a 12 hour shift so I need to kill time (and I wanted to brag a little). How is your fantasy football team doing? I'm in a league with 11 teams this year, so our schedule is sort of different. We wanted to guarantee that we played every team twice so some weeks we have 2 games (but we only submit one lineup). 4 people in the league also have a bye week (I was one of them). It was a little weird at first, and having a bye can suck if your guys kick ass that week, but overall, I like the system. Anyway, in my league, I am 12-3 and in first place (2nd place is 10-5, third is 9-5-1).

I didn't draft the best team due to salary cap restraints and keepers, but I was lucky enough to have Tom Brady and apparently, he's enough to turn any mediocre team into a force to be reckoned with. I am curious to find out how many of you have Tom Brady on the first place team in your leagues. I like to think my team is good because I made smart decisions, but it's really probably only because of Brady. I did pick up Maurice Jones-Drew after someone dropped him after week 3, and started him twice in a row when he kicked ass. I also traded Antonio Gates for Vernon Davis and Joseph Addai. The guy I traded with has Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch, so he figured Addai was expendable, I guess. And my newest deal sent Braylon Edwards and Warrick Dunn (who I picked up last week) packing in return for Terrell Owens and Edgerrin James. Braylon had a $10 salary, and the guy I traded him to is a huge University of Michigan fan who is playing for next year. Lucky me.. I think.

Anyway, here is how my starting lineup looked on week 1:
Brady, Tom NEP QB
Alexander, Shaun SEA RB
Jackson, Brandon GBP RB
Edwards, Braylon CLE WR
Jones, Matt JAC WR
Moss, Santana WAS WR
Gates, Antonio SDC TE
Wilkins, Jeff STL PK
Smith, Will NOS DE
Brooking, Keith ATL LB
Barber, Ronde TBB CB

And here's how it looks today:
Brady, Tom NEP QB
Addai, Joseph IND RB
James, Edgerrin ARI RB
Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR
Owens, Terrell DAL WR
Welker, Wes NEP WR
Davis, Vernon SFO TE
Wilkins, Jeff STL PK
Kampman, Aaron GBP DE
Ruud, Barrett TBB LB
Bodden, Leigh CLE CB

Not too shabby. And did I mention that 1st place pays out $1550? :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:03 AM 
I am a Spaceman

In that lanys football league I am in sixth place out of 16 teams. Wow, that sure is a lot of teams. I drafted Adrian Peterson and he has been pretty nice, although I still managed to lose with his first 200 yard game. Some of my other picks haven't been great (Frank Gore, Jerious Norwood). Now Adrian is injured and I have to find a way to win some games without him and stay in the playoff hunt. Marques Colston has finally come alive, which should help. Since it's 16 teams there hasn't been anything decent available through waivers/free agency (other than the idiot that dropped Steven Jackson) all season long.

This week I get to face a team with Peyton Manning, Chad Johnson, and Reggie Wayne. He also has Larry Johnson on his bench. Thanks Depx for trading those guys for Marc Bulger and Kenton Keith.

Tom Brady isn't in first in our league, although he is the only reason Xantheus has actually won any games. Romo has done the same thing for Jateki. Injuries have had a pretty big impact and some teams just had terrible drafts so there's a good three or four teams that are almost automatic wins to go against. It seems like the crapshoot will become more interesting once the playoffs start and the good teams are playing eachother.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:59 AM 
I schooled the old school.

I'm also in that Lanys league, in 8th place out of 16 with a 5-5 record. I got hit hard by injuries, and when you combine that with the large number of teams, I find myself starting people like Jeff King and Josh Reed this week.

I really enjoy this large team format we have in the Lanys league. You really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to stay competitive. It's weird when you realize that dropping someone as low as Nate Burleson is a "mistake" because there's literally nothing better than that available on Waivers or Free Agency all year. You also are forced (at least in my case) to research total unknowns in the hope you can find someone who will do something no one expects.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:29 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

In three leagues, two of them I have Gore which has been an unfortunate pick so far. In the Lanys league I'm hanging in there waiting for LDT to get on track and put up numbers, hoping the Grant kid in GB going to help there down the stretch.

Oddly enough, in the league that I have Brady at QB, I'm doing the worst...my opening lineup included Brady, Gore, and Alexander (auction league, that was most of my money)..figuring two top 5 running backs and a top 2 QB should carry me...that didn't work out too well.

My other league I got Favre in later rounds and he's been helping a ton, managing to stay in the middle of the pack in a weak division (split into two).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
9-1 1st place in my NFL.com league

this is the team I drafted, made no trades so far =)

QB- Tony Romo
RB- LaDanian Tom.
RB- Willis Mcgahee
WR- Anquan Boldin
WR- Steve Smith
WR- Joey Galloway
TE- Jeremey Shockey
K- Adam Vinateri
DEF- Tenn Titans

Bench

Jamal Lewis RB
Cedric Benson RB
Patrick Crayton WR
Jeff Garcia QB
Reggie Brown WR

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:34 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
i had 3 quarterbacks go out for the season on 3 consecutive weeks, so not so good

(delhomme, trent green, matt schaub)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:16 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Looking at my Lanys league team, I have been murdered by injuries:

First round pic: Larry Johnson - broken foot, doubtful for rest of the season
Third Round pick: Mark Bulger - several injuries to him and to his supporting cast. He just now starting to turn it around
7th roung: I drafted my TE, LJ Smith - been hurt all year
round 13 my backup QB Trent Green - Out for career

I traded for Manning and Ocho Cinco, Ocho gets his bell rung and hasn't done anything since the trade and Manning has had his team fall apart all around him.

I traded Bowe for Garrard because I NEEDED a QB and then Garrard gets hurt and misses several weeks.

Every year in the Lanys league I am decimated by injuries.

EDIT: Actually I traded Bulger, Keith, Julius Jones and Brandon Stokley for Manning and Johnson. Since the trade the players I sent have outperformed the players I rec'd. quityerbitchin.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:22 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

It was still a horrible trade. :P

Heh, I'm going to most likely not make the playoffs in Lanys. 4-6 Record. I keep losing by a few points to bad teams that have great weeks when they play me. Ironically, I'm 8-2 in a 10 team league with a virtually identical, if not slightly worse, team. All in the matchups I guess.

It's still kind of my favorite league though. I like playing with lots of teams. It's interesting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:29 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

The league I'm in up has a really screwy scoring system in the past and this year moved to a more standard one. It used to be having good quarterbacks was important, but now not so much. On draft day I was the only one that adjusted and looked to be absolutely stacked at RB. But it turns out Shaun Alexander sucks and then Ronnie Brown blew up his knee whiffing on a tackle. Luckily I still have Westbrook and James, but I'm not quite as loaded as I started and it sucks :( 5-5 right now and 5th out of 10 in total points.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:00 PM 

woot! Terrell Owens had his best game so far this year, and it just might give me a chance to steal this game from Surcam! I just need Maroney to have a good game tonight...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I have 3 fantasy teams. 1 team has T.O. The other 2 played against T.O this week. Thankfully Chester Taylor saved me against you Fribur otherwise it would have been a trouncing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:00 PM 

Zat... we're a tenth of a point off as of this moment-- this is going to go to the wire.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:23 PM 

If NE cares about me at all, for the last two minutes they will do nothing but hand it off to Maroney.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:26 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I smell one more pass to Welker.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:08 PM 
I am a Spaceman

Frank Gore finally came alive, which was awesome for my fantasy team and for the niners to get a completely hilarious win. Picking up Andre Hall also turned out really well. My only starter that didn't have a great game was eric johnson with 1 rec for 19 yards. Picking up 137pts and a win should guarantee me a playoff spot. I also have Adrian Peterson coming back next week vs. the worst team in the league.

The playoffs will be interesting. If Gore and Peterson can get carries my team should be fairly strong.

(on a side note: it was satisfying watching depx getting absolutely stomped by the guys he traded away in that ridiculous deal. How's Kenton Keith treating you now?)

P.S. fuck Solanthious for dropping Steven Jackson after week 3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:44 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

The football gods toy with me. Beating Fribur this week keeps me in it, I think, mathematically. My odds of actually making the playoffs at this point are beyond slim, but I think with the right combination of wins and losses, I could sneak in. If I did, I can totally play spoiler. My team is still in the top 3 or 4 by points, I'm pretty sure.

Been an interesting year for the Lanys league for sure though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:46 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I'm now 15-3 in my money league. Second place is 11-7, third place is 10-7-1. That means I get a first round bye in the playoffs. Week 15, Brady plays the Jets, Addai plays at the Raiders. Week 16 (our Superbowl), Brady plays Miami in New England, Addai plays the Texans in Indy, and Terrell Owens plays the Panthers. If I don't win the Super Bowl, I shall cry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:52 PM 
I am a Spaceman

Zat, I think you need for Surcam to beat Belzek tonight (Willie Parker needs 15.29 points) and for Xan to knock off Solan (Jay Feely needs 5.77 points more than Matt Spaeth). Then you need Sshaaz to lose next week, and preferably the Enforcers as well. Of course, you'd still need to win next week. This would put you in a big tie with 6 wins and the highest point total.

Any team with 7 wins will make the cut, so the top 6(possibly 7) are already decided
Surcam's Stances
Smashing Melons
Beijing Painters
Xan O' Whoopass
Anathae's Trannies
Derf's Angry Rangers
(Belzek's Bombers) if he can hold on to the win tonight

You need the 7th or 8th seeds to be open to a 6 win team with no ties.

If Belzek, Sshaaz or the Enforcers pick up a win they will be above you based on schedule. Solan will also be above you if he wins this week and next week, but his opponent next week is Sshaaz so if Solan wins this week and loses next week you still lose a spot.

Derfeld has done a great job engineering a 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs after starting 2-5. Beijing has lucked into an amazing playoff lineup thanks to picking up Steven Jackson on waivers, whoever he faces in the first round is going to be in big trouble. Everyone will be hoping for Team Brady(Xan) to go out in the first round when he goes against Pittsburgh so they don't have to face Brady vs. the Jets and Dolphins later on. Team Romo(Smashing Melons) is also a scary match up thanks to Romo and the Pittsburgh def having an easy schedule and Andre Johnson coming back. I'd count on another Romo collapse and Plaxico continuing to suck though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:13 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
I joined a keeper league this year with local folks and it is a completely different experience. I would reccomend it to everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:42 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Yeah, the Monday night game killed me. Ahh well.

I can't even really feel bad about my team. Shift the matchups one week off in either direction and I make the playoffs easily. I'm just the bad luck guy this year. Hopefully next go around I'll do a bit better. Good luck to the teams that make it in!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:43 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Droma wrote:
Team Romo(Smashing Melons) is also a scary match up thanks to Romo and the Pittsburgh def having an easy schedule and Andre Johnson coming back. I'd count on another Romo collapse and Plaxico continuing to suck though.

Romo has done a great job so far, but I keep losing running backs. I lost Ronnie Brown earlier in the season and now Cedric Benson is out, I don't see my team doing much in the playoffs.

My other team in the fox league is 5-7 and has lost some close games, pretty rough year on the fantasy front.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:15 AM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Derfael - current on Tunare
WoW: Ska - Oryx (Lightbringer)
I won't say Solanthious backed in to the playoffs, he did win this week, but he made it after dropping his No. 1 draft pick, Steven Jackson, going 6-6-1, and having the second lowest point total. I predict he wins it all now. :headbang:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:01 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

I "lucked" into a killer lineup? Haha

While everyone was busy scrambling to pick up relative nobodies with their waiver claims early in the year, I was sitting back saving mine, certain that someone would drop a great player at some point. It happens EVERY year. I passed on several players who could have helped me slightly in hopes that a star would be out there, and it worked.

Even without Jackson (who has actually only played a few games for me this season and has had no impact on my wins/loses), I'd still have Edgerrin James or a hot Fred Taylor in that 2nd RB slot with Westbrook.

That said, I think whoever wins the 3/6 matchup (Romo/Brady) will win the tourney.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:46 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Kiwaukee wrote:
That said, I think whoever wins the 3/6 matchup (Romo/Brady) will win the tourney.

Sadly, I really think Xantheus is going to beat me badly. My only hope is that Dallas is playing Detroit while NE is playing Pittsburgh. My defense is Pit, and if they can contain Brady, I might sneak out of this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:50 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
I don't know, NE hasn't been near as hot since the bye week. It should be interesting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:32 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Dude, NE looks like the team of destiny. That last MNF game was just flat out crazy. But I know what you’re saying. I think your bigger problem will be after NE clinches home field throughout the playoffs and decide to sit him. But you should be fins this week as they should be playing to win against Pit. Who’s your backup QB?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:14 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Joey Harrington :violent1:

My only hope is that NE keeps on winning and goes for the undefeated season instead of benching him after clinching home field advantage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:46 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Harrington benched in favor of Chris Redman

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:54 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Not even Brady can overcome that asskicking. Good luck Jat.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:47 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me next week in the playoffs. The guy I am going against has the following:

T. Romo
M. Barber
W. Parker
B. Berrian
TJ. Who'syourmomma
H. Ward
J. Shockey
S. Graham
J. Peppers
D. Ryans
Q. Jammer

I just need Romo to throw it to Owens.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:53 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Xantheus Diabolus wrote:
Not even Brady can overcome that asskicking. Good luck Jat.

Thanks man. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, I really thought I was done this week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:07 PM 
I am a Spaceman

So it seems Solanthious has just knocked off Kiwaukee. Apparently he had a strategy when he dropped Steven Jackson; he wanted Kiwaukee to start him over Fred Taylor to insure a playoff win. I feel bad for Kiwaukee though, he has a ton of points on his bench that could have put the game out of reach for Solanthious.

Now I just need the second half of NO vs. ATL to be a huge shootout to get me the 20 points I need to overtake Surcam.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:17 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

When was the last time Sola touched his team? I looked at his starters for this week and went "What the hell?". Wouldn't it be ironic to have an absentee manager win it all?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:29 PM 
I am a Spaceman

He sat Fitzgerald for his bye in week 8, then added him back in week 9. Minnesota Def has Chicago next week, and Fitzgerald is @NO so he might have a chance to knock off a low scorer next week too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:28 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Looks like Surcam vs Belzek in the final. Good luck Belzek, my boys are hungry!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:09 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

My game is not over yet...Minnesota's defense has been putting up scary numbers every week, my lead is not anywhere near safe. You may be playing Sola's team instead!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I am losing by 3 points, sadly. I have 2 defensive players going tonight against Bernard Berrian so I still have an outside chance of pulling out a miracle win. I just need Berrian to be shut down while Briggs and Ogunleye have decent games. That is no small task, but it could happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:10 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Out of 5 leagues this year, I'm still playing in 3. Interestingly enough, I'll be playing for a championship game in my coworkers money league with a nearly identical team to my Lanys one. I don't have high hopes though, as my opponent is starting LT, Romo, and TO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:07 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

So like.. I tied.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:25 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

Well, Chicago's offense was terrible, but not turnoverwise, so it does end up me against Surcam. Good luck to you as well sir!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:59 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

Gratz to Surcam on wrapping up the Lanys League title! Boldin and Smith had some nice games to take you to the top. :santa:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:05 AM 

grats, Surcam!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:08 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Gratz, Surcam!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:35 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Thank you much ya'll. It was fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:01 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Xantheus Diabolus wrote:
When was the last time Sola touched his team? I looked at his starters for this week and went "What the hell?". Wouldn't it be ironic to have an absentee manager win it all?

Yeah, I apologize, I got fucking slammed at work mid season and only glanced at it till Derfeld said something then I realized it was too late to do any real jockeying for position.

Grats though SS on the win!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:36 PM 

EQ1: Derfael - current on Tunare
WoW: Ska - Oryx (Lightbringer)
Gratz Surcam. :headbang: Well played season.

Offline Profile