It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:44 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goodbye A-Rod
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:10 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

EQ1: Cucullin McFury
Let the healing begin. He will be the highest paid player in baseball still and I hope he finds a city large enough to handle the ego. Now my Yankees need to go find a number 1 starter.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Goodbye A-Rod
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:21 PM 
Bridge Dweller

He's gone? It must be like... completely recent breaking news. Everything I've seen is that the Yank's made an offer, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:27 AM 

He was upset he was not getting the attention, and that Big Papi, Manny Ramirez, Mike TIMMY!, Julian "Bat-Shit!," Eric Gagne, Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, Kevin Millar, Dave Roberts, Johnny Pesky, and Nomar Garciapara all have more WS rings than he has. . . .

I mean, Julio Lugo made more clutch plays in a WS game than he has. A pitcher named "Big Love" drove in more runs in a WS game than he has ever have.

Let him have his moment of sadness.

What?

--J.D.

P.S. Yeah, yeah! He is a cry baby, but without him, the MFYs would not have been in the playoffs. Such divorces are always bad. Maybe he can get with the Patriots and win a Super Bowl ring or something.

P.P.S. And Joe Torre was responsible for Jeter, A-Fraud, Posada, et cetera not hitting in October. He probably cause the Plague of Gnats. Good thing they fired him, not like he ever did anything for New York or Steinbrenner. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
you really should stop posting

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:33 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
My brothers are both die hard Yankee fans. In their mind Torre needed to go, and ARod needs to be in pinstripes. The only argument I have given them that holds water is the Cubs ownership. There are two classes of bidders for the Cubs. First, the profiteers, second the life time "WE GOTTA WIN AT ANY COST NOW" buyer. If the latter wins the bid for the Cubs, You may see ARod and a $35 mil a year contract and a line up that will rival any in history.

If not, ARod will likely be a Yankee.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:11 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

If the Yanks stick to their guns, he won't be back on their team.

I'd guess Anaheim, though the list of possible teams is pretty short. I'm just praying the Sox don't sign him...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:20 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
What an absolute attention whore. Eight inning, game 4 of the world series, a close game.... with the Red Sox on the brink of their second world series win this decade... and he decides to have his agent contact FOX to make the announcement? He had up to 10 days after the World Series to make the announcement, but he decides to overshadow a world series victory sweep with his own personal agenda.

I guess, like someone said earlier on sports talk radio, that the only way that A-Rod was gonna be able to do anything in the World Series was to make an announcement like that last night during someone else's world series.

Rumor is that he found out that Girardi was going to be the new manager, and he knew Girardi was not going to baby him like a child that Torre had to do. The team with the most money, and a good babysitter, will land A-Rod...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:30 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
uh yeah i'm pretty sure that was boras's decision. his job is to create the market for his client, and what better place to do it than where the entire baseball public has their attention focused.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:12 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
Rumor is that he found out that Girardi was going to be the new manager, and he knew Girardi was not going to baby him like a child that Torre had to do.

Care to elaborate?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:41 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Balearic
Quote:
What an absolute attention whore. Eight inning, game 4 of the world series, a close game.... with the Red Sox on the brink of their second world series win this decade... and he decides to have his agent contact FOX to make the announcement? He had up to 10 days after the World Series to make the announcement, but he decides to overshadow a world series victory sweep with his own personal agenda.
Not to mention, the blue-lipped douchebag stood up Hank Aaron when Aaron was going to give the ungrateful, narcissistic bastard an award. Quite the team player, that A-Rod....

Quote:
I guess, like someone said earlier on sports talk radio, that the only way that A-Rod was gonna be able to do anything in the World Series was to make an announcement like that last night during someone else's world series.
Well, it's not like he's gonna actually play in one, given his effect upon his teams over the years.

Quote:
Rumor is that he found out that Girardi was going to be the new manager, and he knew Girardi was not going to baby him like a child that Torre had to do. The team with the most money, and a good babysitter, will land A-Rod...
Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Sure. Girardi is commonly seen as a very capable manager who has a tendency to treat veterans badly, and to be about as strict as Buck (A Duck) Showalter. Yankee fans expressed some concern that Girardi may well appeal to the Steinbrenners because he played for the Yankees, he was successful (for a year) in Florida, and is a disciplinarian. The downside is that a lot of the veterans would've MUCH preferred either Tony Pena or Donnie Baseball as the new skipper because they aren't Captain Queeg-like leaders. Therefore, the concern is that Girardi's mere presence could not only cost them Slappy, but could theoretically leave to the exits of Fruit Bat (Mariano Rivera) and Posada.

For awhile, I hoped Boston would sign Slappy this off-deason, but I think I'd be happier with Mike Lowell, and let some other team get sunk by "The Best Player in Baseball."

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:46 PM 

EQ1: Balearic
Oh, and btw, I think someone should hang both Scott Boras and A-Rod upside-down from the Tobin Bridge by their tiny testicles for pulling a stunt like shitting on another team's moment in the sun. I guess that shows what they think of Bostonians (and the Rockies, for that matter).

A-Rod and Boras = fucking douchbag arrogant asshammering narcissistic motherfucking blowjob-giving* shitheads.

* to goats only!

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:00 PM 

During the season as Julio Lugo made some "interesting" plays as short-stop and batted rather like I do without the benefit of a ball stand and a lot of alcohol, there were enough fans willing to consider signing A-Fraud.

Would they accept him? Absolutely, provided he did not act like A-Fraud. Is that possible? Maybe after a week with Bill Belichick. Rumors have it that Randy Moss is not only a model citizen, he is beloved by teammates, even practice squaders. If he did that, a simple hug from Big Papi would make him loved. RS fans would dance at the chance of him winning a WS with the RS rather than the MFYs. "Curse of the Idiot"--re: Judas Daemon--would be outsold by "Curse of the Slapper" shirts.

But it is not going to happen.

Unlike Moss, A-Fraud is not willing to change. The money he wants prevents a team from signing other quality players. Is Lowell "as good" as A-Fraud? He was not worse frankly. Played better in the post-season, certainly. Most importantly, he will NOT cost nearly the same. With the money saved the RS--and any other team--can lock up other players.

However, I am sure a desperate "win now" team will sign him. Maybe it will work out.

--J.D.