Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
The mighty Michigan Wolverines lose at home to Appalachian St. 34 - 32

Quote:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- What was supposed to be a tuneup turned into a stunner: Appalachian State 34, No. 5 Michigan 32.

Julian Rauch's 24-yard field goal with 26 seconds put Appalachian State ahead of Michigan and Corey Lynch's blocked field goal in the final seconds sealed one of college football's biggest upsets.

The two-time defending champions from college football's former Division I-AA were ahead of the nation's winningest program 28-14 late in the second quarter, then their storybook afternoon seemed to unravel late in the fourth quarter.

Mike Hart's 54-yard run put the Wolverines ahead -- for the first time since early in the second quarter -- with 4:46 left.

One snap after the go-ahead touchdown, Brandent Englemon intercepted an errant pass, but the Wolverines couldn't capitalize and had their first of two field goals blocked.

Appalachian State drove 69 yards without a timeout to set up the go-ahead kick, but it still wasn't over.

Chad Henne threw a 46-yard pass to Mario Manningham, giving Michigan the ball at Appalachian State's 20 with 6 seconds left.

Lynch blocked the kick and returned it to the other end of the field as the final seconds ticked off, and his teammates rushed across the field to pile on Lynch as the coaching staff and cheerleaders jumped with joy

Bravo App. State

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:47 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

bwhahahahaha

If a IIA team took them down.....they will have to start using High School teams for the pre-conference games soon!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Ugh....I like Michigan too. But that's not the first time I've seen something like that happen.

Less skill than luck!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:51 PM 

App State is the two time defending 1AA National Champ. They have a lot of 1A transfer talent and they could beat many D1 schools. However, beating Michigan, at Michigan, was not supposed to happen. I love it. The Big 10 is SOOOO Overrated

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:48 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I never come to this forum but I just had to come here and laugh. Eat it Michigan, hahaha.

We're 2 time defending national champs, they had their hands full and couldn't quite pull it out this weekend. Home town team ftw.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:47 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

FUCK MICHIGAN

Quote:
The Big 10 is SOOOO Overrated

You aren't going to start spouting off about how disgraceful it is that the Badgers are ranked in the top 10 again are you? That didn't end so well for you last time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:49 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Being from Michigan, and a fan of pretty much all of Michigan sports teams... I have to admit, this is probably the most embarassing moment for this team. How Lloyd Carr still has a job is beyond my comprehension, and that thought was before yesterday's game. After yesterday, I would be shocked if he is their head football coach in 2008. He came back, along with three NFL potential high draft picks (Henne, Hart, Long) for the sole reason of contention for a possible national championship game this year. Seriously doubt that they came back to lose at home to, of all possible options, a D1AA school. I know that they are the two time D1AA champs, that is cool... but still. This is Michigan, possible national championship contender, AT Michigan. This should not have happened, period.

The only positive silver lining I can get out of this is that their loss happened in week 1, so it is not *as* damaging as losing to (say) Ohio State like they usually do under Carr and knocking themselves out of BCS championship status. Michigan could still run the table, end up with 10-1 or 11-1 and (presuming all the other powerhouses get a loss sometime this year) still play in the BCS championship game. However, that scenario looks soooooooooooooo far away right now.

I am just embarassed. Going to take off the U of M phone ring tone I have. Hail to the Victors my fuckin ass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:35 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

There is no way the polls will rank Michigan high enough to make the BCS title game, even if they run the table. You can't recover from a loss to a 1AA team.

Unless there's only one team with less than two losses, which is VERY unlikely, they have no chance. Even then, I'm sure some pollsters and pundits would raise hell if they were mentioned.

They can still win the Big Ten and go to the Rose Bowl, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:44 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Anyone else want to give us a few hundred thousand to come play them for a warm-up game? lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:07 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I would have to agree that it is damn near impossible to be in the BCS title game with a loss to a D1AA school on your record. However, as history has shown with the BCS situation... it is much much much better to lose a game early than late. Losing a game late can cost you a chance at the BCS title game (as evident by USC and Mich last year). So while this is an embarassment... it is early. And it may not hurt them as much as if, say, they went undefeated and lose to Ohio State again.

I would think that every possible BCS team would have to lose one game guaranteed for Michigan to be considered for the title game. And obviously, Michigan has to run the table. But if they do run the table... they are going to beat some pretty good ranked teams, which will move them up the Top 25 ladder. This, of course, if the Big 10 can field a lot of Top 25 teams all year... last year they had 3 teams in the top 10 most of the year. Throw in a couple other teams, and if Michigan can beat all those... it will be hard to not give them a chance in the title game.

We can only hope that everyone would have forgot the App State game in November, and instead concentrate on Michigan running the table. Of course, the chances of that happening are as high as asking someone on August 31 what the chances of App State being able to defeat Michigan in Ann Arbor is...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:45 AM 

cicely wrote:
We can only hope that everyone would have forgot the App State game in November...

They might forget the school but I highly doubt that any college football fan would not go "Oh, yeah Michigan lost to that D1AA team!" even if they went 10-1

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:50 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Yeah, we're done. What a waste of what was looking to be a promising season.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:30 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Michigan is not going to be ranked in the Top 25 poll when it is released tomorrow. Assuming that is the case, I wonder if that is the biggest drop out of the Top 25 for any team in the history of the Top 25 rankings. I do not ever recall a time when a team ranked 1-4 was not ranked the next week...

Believe me, I do not see Michigan in the BCS title game this year. I am just trying to look at this through a glass half full, instead of a glass half empty. Either way, I cannot envision a scenario where Carr keeps his job for 2008... unless Michigan indeed becomes National Champs. Friends of mine e-mailed me today saying that Michigan radio stations were asking Carr to resign so the program can move onto other things. He is not, of course, going to be fired after one game. No university to my knowledge has done that.

The season may be a waste, but I hope the players are not going to give up. People like Henne, Hart, Long, Manningham, etc have the NFL to consider and they can still turn this horrible situation into something positive for themselves. Where this really could hurt them is not only a BCS spot... but also with recruiting. What top flight talent is going to want to go to Michigan after this past weekend's debacle? Sure, some... but this loss is a crushing blow. And now with Carr's job in serious jeopardy, what recruit is going to want to go to a program that (in all likelihood) is going to have a new coach in 2008? Yes, it happens... but some recruits do care about the coach, not just the university. All in all, a somber and angry day in Michigan...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:44 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

lol, this cracks me up. App isn't a bunch of slackers, in the weeks leading up the game it was about 50/50 thinking we could beat Michigan. We all(the local community) knew it would be a close game and it was possible to win. App could probably be a 1-A team, over the last few years we've dominated our conference and hold 2 championships. I just love that they paid us to come up there for a warm up game and then lost to us. I guess having 3 NFL potential draft picks means shit in the grand scheme of things.

My entire county including the college students only has around 56,000 people, there were 107,000 seats at that game alone, it's just funny.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:02 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Ehh.. Having 3 potential picks just means you have more talent. If you don't bother to show up for the game, you lose no matter how much talent you have. Just sucks that it blows a whole season. I expect it'll be an object lesson for many coaches to use in the future though. Heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:28 AM 

Man this is so fucking great.

I had to listen to Michigan fans bitch and moan about how they should play tOSU again in the BCS title game last year only to watch them get destroyed by USC. Now they lose in the biggest upset in modern college football. Suck it Michigan. That combined with FSU and Tennessee losing is just priceless.

Michigan has no shot at a NC. Not only will they lose out against any other 1-loss team from a BCS conference (and should), they probably WON'T win their remaining games. They've lost their last 3 games, people. After last year and all of their whining only to get exposed, do you really think they'll let them get in this year? A 2-loss SEC team would be more deserving. The second strike against Michigan going to the BCS title game if they win out is their lack of a championship game.

There's just no way. Congrats on the season being completely over.

Quote:
You aren't going to start spouting off about how disgraceful it is that the Badgers are ranked in the top 10 again are you? That didn't end so well for you last time.

Wisconsin is absolutely and positively NOT a top-10 team. But I'm sure, with their schedule, they will have a maximum of 1 loss going into a bowl game. They're up there with VT and WVU as one of the most consistently overrated teams of the last 10 years. WTF has Wisconsin done to deserve these high rankings, year after year? They can't even claim to be the best team in a shitty conference for half of that decade.

Go Gators ;)

edit: Just in case someone is going to argue about the Big 10 being a shitty, shitty conference, there's this little gem to read:

Quote:
• Despite Appalachian scoring FCS’s only victory in four matchups against Big Ten opponents on Saturday, FCS squads are still 3-5 versus the Big Ten in the last eight FCS-Big Ten meetings. FCS teams are just one point shy of being even with the Big Ten in the last eight matchups — Minnesota squeaked by North Dakota State, 10-9, last Oct. 21.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Just for reference, what would they have to do to prove that they are deserving of a decent ranking once in a while?

(also, just a note.... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview07 ... id=2980407)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:37 AM 

Quote:
He is not, of course, going to be fired after one game. No university to my knowledge has done that.

Jack Crowe was fired one game into the 1992 season after losing at home to The Citidale 10-3 (a Division 1AA team) at Fayetteville. The year before he coached the Hogs to the Independence Bowl vs Georgia. Joe Kines was named interim Head Coach until he was replaced by Danny Ford.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:44 AM 

Atriz wrote:
Just for reference, what would they have to do to prove that they are deserving of a decent ranking once in a while?

First: Win it's own conference more than once in the past 10 years.

Second: Gain enough national respect so that when people are asked "Can Wisconsin win the national championship?" they don't immediately laugh - like they do when asked about VT/Wisconsin/WVU.

Third: Play a decent schedule. Last year Wisconsin played, I think, two ranked teams total? And went 1-1 in those games.

Some teams are consistently ranked high and have nothing to show for it. I would have put Texas in that group but they actually won the national championship 2 years ago.

Here are the conferences that will be better than the Big 10 this year: SEC, Big 12, Pac 10, Big East, ACC. Last year the Big 10 could say that it was at best top-heavy, with 3 elite or near-elite schools (which was proven totally false in the postseason). This year.. maybe 1? Maybe? And the worst teams in the Big 10 are really, really bad. Appalachian State could beat 5 of the worst Big 10 teams handily.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:45 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Lloyd Carr said on some talk radio show in Michigan that his football team has to "start from scratch" on every facet of the game.

When your team is #5 in the preseason polls, and there is talk about a national championship run... it is your responsibility (as a coach) to get your team prepared for the season. You "start from scratch" in the spring mini camps. You improve and execute and coach throughout the spring and summer so that, in the last week of August... your team is fully prepared for the season. When you are going into September with the spring football thought process, then you no longer deserve to be a coach.

The university is not going to fire him. He really should just step down and resign. Either way, he is gone on December xx, after whatever Bowl game they probably will lose in. Actually, I can see him being fired (or resigning) after the Ohio State game, and just have an assistant coach lead Michigan into whatever Bowl game they are in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:26 PM 

32 to 7 Oregon at half, At Michigan.

Has a coach ever been fired DURING a game?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:10 PM 

Today's action has soooo proven my point.

Look at how totally craptastic WVU did against Marshall.. unranked Marshall. This is the 3rd ranked team? I'd love to see how WVU would do against LSU, USC, Florida or Oklahoma.

Louisville also demonstrated why these big east teams could not compete for a national title.

As far as Michigan goes. That is just a bad football team right there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:00 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Well, to say that the 2007 Michigan Wolverines football team is a complete and utter embarassment does not do this situation the true justice that it deserves. If the team has not just up and quit already, then this game will pretty much remove any shred of hope and inspiration for a successful season. Honestly, I have no idea how these kids can even go to practice the next day with focus and vision... especially those seniors, who now are thinking that Sunday football is soooooooooo much more fun than this crap that is being put out.

I cannot see how Michigan can even compete this year. The Ohio State game is going to be a mockery, and the Notre Dame game is probably going to be one of the biggest jokes of the year. If Michigan finishes at a .500 record or higher, then I will be amazed. Because right now, there are probably 100 high school football teams that can easily defeat the Wolverines.

I wonder what the Vegas line is on Carr's resignation/firing... how many more games it will be. Because if the alumni and faculty were calling for his head last week, imagine what it is going to be like next week. If I was Carr, I would just resign now and not deal with this crap for the rest of the year. Take the year off, regroup, come back next year as a coordinator somewhere and start over. Because it is quite apparent he does not have what it takes to be a head football coach at a major university.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:28 PM 

Michigan will be a .500 team at the end of the year. Remember they still have to play all their Big 10 games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:40 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Yea, they could use a few easy games on their schedule. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 PM 

Quote:
Remember they still have to play all their Big 10 games.
The Big 10 is terrible. That's actually a good thing for them.

So LSU just ran a 67 yard touchdown against the might VT.

So far my theory is dead on. WVU looks like shit, VT is getting blown out bad... wonder how Wisconsin will do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:19 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Is anyone actually surprised by this?

They're kids with nothing to play for, and a coach who can't motivate them. I expected to see a demoralized team play today, and pretty much saw it. I don't really expect it to get much better. /shrug. Being a Lions fan, I'm used to this sort of thing anyway! Heh.

Though, it does make me sad because now I have to listen to SEC fans all year. /sigh, you people are almost as obnoxious as red sox/yankee fans. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:19 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Good lord, WVU had a bad half against a team that was playing at home and pretty much treated this game like their BCS bowl. 42 points in the 2nd half says you can shove it. I guess you're gonna say that LSU is over-rated as well...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:29 PM 

Quote:
Good lord, WVU had a bad half against a team that was playing at home and pretty much treated this game like their BCS bowl. 42 points in the 2nd half says you can shove it. I guess you're gonna say that LSU is over-rated as well...
They're the #3 team in the country. You don't get that ranking and the right to have a bad half against a team in their house. It's Marshall.

Why would I say LSU is overrated? My original point is that VT, WVU and Wisconsin are always overrated, every year, with absolutely zilch to show for it.

1. Virginia Tech is getting jail raped on national television.
2. The mighty WVU almost lost today. The final score is totally misleading and if you watched the game you would know it. None of the top teams in the Big East play defense. South Carolina could beat WVU.
3. Wisconsin is up by 2 points against UNLV, and only got there by driving 90 yards and settling for a field goal. UNLV!

All 3 teams are good. But they are always in the top 5 or top 10 and always, always show that they do not deserve those ratings. This year is no different. All of those teams would get handed their asses against a real top 5 or top 10 team. And you know it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:27 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

noooooo, Wisconsin usually needs to be around 9-1 at least before they crack the top 10. Last year they didn't even crack the top 25 they were 5-1 in the AP and 6-1 in the USA Today and they were 11-1 before they were in the top 10. This year is an obvious exception. Once again I'll point you here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview07 ... id=2980407

As for today, yeah really really ugly...not as ugly as the Vs. network's presentation but fairly close to that ugly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:08 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I love seeing Michigan and Notre Dame both 0-2 :lol: , just a shame they have to play each other 8)

Teaaman Lyrist

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:48 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

So... we seat around 16,500 or so. Today we had 28,000 in town for the game... traffic was fucking insane, and that was yesterday, I didn't even bother going out today, I knew better.

We beat Lenoir-Rhyne 44-7 or something like that, I know it was 40 something. It was almost a shut out but one of the brothers of a guy that plays for ASU scored with 44 seconds to go.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

South Florida 26
Auburn 23

Wait, isn't South Florida in the...

Big East?

I watched the entire WVU game. I saw Marshall playing an entire half of inspired defense on their home turf. I saw Bernard Morris play probably the best half of football he's capable of. Marshall isn't a MTSU or Troy State. They aren't that bad. WVU did, in the second half, what top 5 teams do. Marshall did what unranked teams do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:01 PM 

Auburn played like crap and deserved to lose.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:22 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

My parents were at that game Dark, said it was wild seeing so many people watching the game from the hill there. My mother said she had to wait in line 30mins to get one of the shirts making fun of Michigan, because the demand is so high. Our family has a house in Boone, so the Mountaineers come second in the household behind the UF Gators 8)

Teaaman Lyrist

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:56 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

lol, sounds about right.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 PM 

I LOVE the Big 10 network!!!

I got to see Michigan get their asses handed to them week one and now I am watching #7 Wisconsin getting all they want vs D1AA The Citidale.

Score it 21 to 21 in the third qtr.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:50 PM 

Damn. Wisconsin made some adjustments and are now pulling away.

45-21 in the 4th now

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:27 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Surely you mean the Citadel?

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:55 PM 

sorry, still suffering from too much Rum at last night's poker game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:57 PM 

I;m telling you.. overrated. But because they have the weakest schedule I've ever seen, they will have at most 1 loss, and be whining about getting into the BCS again. It's a total sham.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:32 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I know it is only the second quarter, and I know it is just Notre Dame... but Hart is (at the very least) backing up his guaranteed win comments. Let's just hope they can continue this throughout the rest of the game and season...

PS- Carr, I feel, is still gone at the end of the year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:25 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

They were playing at home against the worst offensive team in college football. His "guarantee" wasn't exactly Joe Namoth-worthy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:42 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

At this point in time, I'll take what I can get. :/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:18 PM 

Quote:
South Florida 26
Auburn 23

Wait, isn't South Florida in the...

Big East?
Doh!

Kentucky 40
Louisville 34

That's the 4th best team in the SEC east, FYI, against the second best Big East team, and also Kentucky's first win against a top 10 team in.. get this.. 30 years.

:)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:36 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

The Michigan game kinda bummed me out a bit. Not because Michigan won, but rather.... because Notre Dame looked so incredibly putrid. I don't know if Michigan won because they have a decent team, but if Notre Dame lost because they might possibly be the most inept football team in America right now. And yes, I will throw in Temple into that mix... and claim that Notre Dame is worse than Temple.

That was maybe the most horrific game of football I have ever seen Notre Dame play. And yes, I am anti-Notre Dame... but still. Gosh. I could have done a better job of protecting Clausen, and I am 6'5" 190. I also could have done a much better job of preventing Hart from not even being touched for the first 5 yards on at least half of his carries. What a pathetic excuse of a football team they have there.

I really would not want to be a Notre Dame fan right now, nor an alumnus. Your team is beyond awful and pathetic... and that is coming from a life long Detroit Lions fan. I have not seen worse than what I saw you guys do today. I just hope that Michigan can go out and do the same thing against Penn State, so that us U-M fans can know that we beat a decent team, instead of a football team that a junior high flag football team can defeat.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:44 AM 

In my general loathing for the Big 10, I am glad that Michigan beat Penn State. Michigan better not be ranked after this win.

Now if we can only get Wisconsin out of the top 15...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:31 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

1-2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:23 PM 

Holy crap, 8 turnovers int he first half of this WVU/USF game and the half isn't even over yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:19 PM 

joxur wrote:
Wisconsin is absolutely and positively NOT a top-10 team. But I'm sure, with their schedule, they will have a maximum of 1 loss going into a bowl game. They're up there with VT and WVU as one of the most consistently overrated teams of the last 10 years. WTF has Wisconsin done to deserve these high rankings, year after year? They can't even claim to be the best team in a shitty conference for half of that decade.

Two down, one to go. I bet Wisconsin has a breakout game tomorrow, though. But I think South Florida might be my second favorite team now.

WVU - done. Steve Slaton - done.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:52 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

I'm not betting that. I'm still not listening to any crap from mr. arkansas fan though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:28 PM 

what?

I have not said a thing about Arkansas this year. Our coach is an idiot. He needs to be replaced. We might lose to UNT this weekend because we have a head-case for a Defensive Coordinator that doesn't know how to change his scheme when they are getting BURNT on every pass play. I bet Coach Dodge at N. Texas is licking his chops when he sees the Arkansas Pass defense. It is going to get ugly on the hill tonight.

Don't get me started on Houston Nutt's playcalling. Hell I was calling what they were doing before the snap before each play last week. We have a Heisman candidate in McFadden and Nutt is going to RUIN that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:52 PM 

So how am I doin? WVU, VT and UW are all done. Thanks drive-through. Balance can be restored to the world.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:55 PM 

what the fuck happened at the UGA/Tennessee game?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:09 PM 

Dude as a longtime Georgia resident (but not a fan) this is what happens every year. They always get buttraped in one game.. high expectations, lots of talent... flop. Every year. It's sad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:11 PM 

Yeah, but it wasn't supposed to be 35-7 in the third quarter, heh.

I'm just glad I'm not in Athens.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

USC down. Now LSU just needs to step it up!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:19 PM 

No, they don't... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:21 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Balearic
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272790030

Not looking good for LSU at this point, either. If they lose, does that mean Cal-Berkeley is #1??

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:24 PM 

Yep...

what a crazy year so far. Even with my team losing last week (Florida), you gotta admit it's been insanely entertaining.

BTW - is ND going to win tonight?

Offline Profile