It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:25 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:25 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Taken from another board. Gator bias but still some funny shit on here:

Quote:
1. A couple of years ago, before the season began, he predicted that Chris Rix was going to win the Heisman and FSU was going to win the MNC.

2. Hirbidiot boldy picked the University of Miami to win the MNC this year. What a fine analysis of a team!

3. About 4 weeks ago when Clemson blew out GTech, Herbie was all over Davis and Spiller saying how they are the best 1 loss team in the nation. Now, Clemson might be the best 4-loss team in the country.

4. The week before last he had Rutgers ranked number 3 in the country, and then after they lost to Cincy he dropped them out of his top 25. Is that even possible?

5. He says that who you lose to shouldn't matter when talking about USC (losing to unranked Oregon State), but then says Michigan lost to the #1 team in the nation, and it shouldn't hurt them... MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

6. He mentions how Florida struggled against South Carolina, and Vandy, but doesn't mention Michigan's struggle with BALL STATE, and... uh.... VANDY AT HOME! Or USC struggling with some of their teams, that earlier in the year he was saying they should appologize for the way they're playing.

7. The week before Cal-Arizona, boldy states the Arizona has ZERO chance of beating Cal. Anyone know who won that one? It's one thing to predict someone will lose, but another thing to state they have zero chance.

8. A couple of weeks ago, he made the statement that went something like "Forget the facts and who has beaten the most top 10 teams, if you put Texas on the field vs. Florida, Texas would win easily." Texas then lost to Kansas State and Texas A&M.

9. The week before WVa-USF, ran his trap about West Virginia deserving a BCS bowl bid more than LSU. Guess the USF Bulls and their true freshman quarterback took care of that bold statement.

10. Made the comment "how many teams from the big bad SEC has Florida beat that are ranked". Florida has played 3 of the top ranked teams, beaten 2 of the 3. Plays one more. Ohio State has only played 2 currently top ranked teams, and Michigan has only played 3 and that's because they played ND, a team that only played 2 currently ranked top 10 teams, barely beat number 19 Ga tech and got spanked by Michigan. This logical analysis only applies to UF I guess.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:53 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

I saw him make that Arizona-Cal comment, was pretty funny. Really though its no different than any other sports pundit, he played at Ohio State so of course he's gonna be biased towards them and the Big 10 in general, and if someone could accurately pick most games, well, they wouldn't need to work in TV. I actually think ESPN's college football guys are pretty watchable, much more so than their NBA/College b-ball guys and most of the baseball guys.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Herbstreet's prediction for the game changing performer on 10/23 was Purdue quarterback Curtis Painter, who was to pick apart Wisconsin's defense and have a bit of a coming out party as an elite Big 10 quarterback. Then he predicted a Purdue win in the pickem segment.

Points put up by Purdue that day: 3

The majority of the so-called analists on espn and espn.com for both college and pro football (and college basketball for that matter) have no clue wtf they are talking about and have the prediction abilities of the average weatherman. I honestly think when they are hiring for one of these positions they purposely look for someone that will say stupid crap that will piss a bunch of people off.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 PM 

Well, yeah, the E does stand for "entertainment". :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:52 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Pretty sure I heard him say UCLA had zero chance of beating USC this morning.

USC 9
UCLA 13

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:10 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

ummm....

pretty sure 99% of sports fans, analysists, commentators, prognosticators, handicappers, etc etc gave ucla literally zero chance today to beat usc. i guess that makes 99% of people associated with college football idiots, or something...

any team can beat any other team on any given night. that is a sports credo that anyone who has played sports knows and understands. just cause a team looks great on paper does not mean they will automatically go out and win. and just cause a team is a huge underdog does not mean they will automatically go out and lay down for the favored team.

i happen to like the espn guys for commentary on sports. whether it be corso and herbstreit on college football, or bilas and katz and vitale on college basketball, or anthony and legler on nba... they know their stuff, they are fun and engaging and enjoyable to listen to, and they do a good job of making analysis and sports fun for me to watch.

and besides, if sports fans are actually placing their entire net worth on a prediction by a sports commentator... well, they are the idiots and not the sports commentator.

-cc

btw........ i called michigan having a chance to be in the bcs game a few weeks ago. i guess that makes me the most knowledgable sports person on these lanys boards, especially if arkansas wins tonite.... maybe i should be a sports mod or something. sarcasm denoted.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:43 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
k

Offline Profile