Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:55 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I've been debating whether to abandon these boards. The activity is all in the Current Events section, with very little elsewhere.

Without Worthy, the Board Room is pretty silent. There's a little chatter in the Sports board sometimes , but not much. The Arts & Entertainment board has posts for the sake of posting, because there's nothing going on there. Rants & Raves, which used to be the most active board, also barely has a pulse.

Did Lanys T'vyl have a Do Not Resuscitate request? At what point do we pull the plug?

Or should we reinvent these forums to stop being an Everquest/MMOG Board and become something else?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:05 PM 
Bridge Dweller

The people who still post here are just regulars who have been around forever anyhow. This isn't an up-and-coming type of board. It's very off-topic / general. The MMO part of it is very secondary.

I dunno if or when the board will die, but this is just how it is. Sometimes I come here and there's no new posts, sometimes there are a lot of new posts. Shrug.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:30 PM 
I am a Spaceman

this what i think Imagehaha wacky shit yeahImagecheck it outImage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:57 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
omg, why would everyone want to fuck a foot. =o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:08 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
I've been debating whether to abandon these boards. The activity is all in the Current Events section, with very little elsewhere.

Without Worthy, the Board Room is pretty silent. There's a little chatter in the Sports board sometimes , but not much. The Arts & Entertainment board has posts for the sake of posting, because there's nothing going on there. Rants & Raves, which used to be the most active board, also barely has a pulse.

Did Lanys T'vyl have a Do Not Resuscitate request? At what point do we pull the plug?

Or should we reinvent these forums to stop being an Everquest/MMOG Board and become something else?

I disagree; sure we're not as busy as we once were, but I don't think we need to "pull the plug." We go through varying levels of posts; some weeks it's almost nothing, then other weeks it's quite busy.

As for it being a "gaming" board... we left that years ago. It has been off-topic primarily for ages, and that's the way it will remain. One thing holds us together, though-- we all used to play on Lanys, and those of us that hang out here have a sense of identity in the online world related to that.

I still value these boards, and still don't really imagine that I'll ever willingly leave while people are still posting. It's still the only board that I check every day, even if some days there's barely anything going on.

Call me a sap, but I value these boards and I would like to see it continue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:46 PM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Wow, talk about unexpectedly NSFW.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Leolan wrote:
Wow, talk about unexpectedly NSFW.

Yeah that was adorable.

Whatever happened to Worthy anyhow? Used to be you couldn't hit refresh without another 20 of his posts showing up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
He found out about the power of the opposite sex. IRL this time. =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:30 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Syuni D'zpecyzczn wrote:
He found out about the power of the opposite sex. IRL this time. =)

... and made molds of her feet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:52 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
Yeah, the opposite sex's feet don't typically have that particular power.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:55 AM 

After graduating college, getting married, having a child, and 90% of my friends doing the same (in addition to moving away) I actually starting checking these boards more often simply because most of us are in the same time in our lives.

Luckily, the first person I met in Kindergarten and roomed in college, I talk on a day to day basis. However, he is married as well and has very little time to do the stuff we used to run around and do. It's very convenient and also a rare opportunity to stay in touch with people like we do through these boards. I have met very little of you personally but for whatever reason, our server community was very close and if that group of people continue to stopy by to share an opinion or just say hi, I'd say these boards will always be around (as long as someone like Cak is willing to host/maintain)

As others have said, this board went beyond gaming a long time ago. We still talk about game. I play EQ2 time to time but between work, marriage, and parenting I don't do that stuff anymore.

Last year was asked to be the Youth Minister at our church and its hard to believe how many of our Jr / Sr High kids are actually getting into gaming and I have monthly get togethers at our house and host gaming parties. None of them have made it past Wii and Xbox live (the girls do American Idol Karoke Revolution stuff) but, there are a few that play WoW and Tibia (sp?) but, that has also filled some of the void of gaming.

My wife gets on to me time to time about not playing as much basketball as I use to or running. I coach now but I don't play. However, i'm a computer guy. I've been a Software Admin for nearly 5 years now. Gaming and forums such as this one is part of my social interaction.

My goodness... work is really slow today. I don't think i've ever had time to type out this much. I better get back to working on our Exchange server.

Take care,
Muli

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:32 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
It would be kind of interesting to do a "Where were you then (when started on lanys) and where are you now?" thread. I think most of us have gone through some pretty major life changes, of all sorts of varieties.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:55 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
I think we avoid that as a courtesy to those whose lives haven't changed.

Offline Profile