It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:03 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best FF game?
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 PM 

I pretty much quit playing FF series after FF7 because I hated where the series was going but at the moment all the games I want to play are a few months out so I figured i would give a FF game a shot again. Any suggestions which one? Did they skip FF8 and 9? Is 10 or 11 any good? I
iefly played the one that you controlled the girls and had different dresses and shit...I died abit inside that night.<
>
<
>
Any thoughts? (or I could beat FF3 for the 10th time i guess) <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Best FF game?
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:46 PM 

FF9 was good shit, as was FFX imo. FFX-2 sucked complete donkey wang.<
>
<
>
FFXI is an MMO. ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
dieinachurchfire.org (coming soon!)<
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:55 PM 

Anything not on a 16 bit or less console/hand held isn't worth playing or paying any attention to. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:20 AM 

Did you try FF5? I played on the emulator with the Jap->English fan translation patch but I think it got released in english in one of the Playstation or Gameboy compilation. --Paying for music or movies is so 1990.<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:21 AM 

They all have their ups and downs. Some things I like some I don't. I enjoyed playing each one and do not regret purchasing them. <
>
<
>
Except XI, which is not an FF game, it's an aborted mind-fetus that desperately seeking a wire coathangar. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:31 AM 

What makes 11 so shitty is the 499,999 other people playing it at the same time you are.<
>
<
>
Take that away, it would be one of the greatest FF adventures known. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 AM 

This is true, I would love to have mini-servers for much smaller groups of people (language restrictions of course) <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:44 AM 

FF6 is the best. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:33 AM 

I agree with the above poster.<
>
<
>
FF6 will always be the best one in my mind. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:43 AM 

FF6 and tactics are my top 2 <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:35 AM 

FFIV and FFVI tied.<
>
<
>
Kefka / Tellah!<
>
<
>
Tactics is so far beyond anything else it cannot be compared.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master. <
><
>The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:06 PM 

1.) FFVI<
>
2.) FFVII/FFT<
>
<
>
VIII was utter shit, I would come home after school and try to play it, it would literally bore me to sleep.I couldn't get past the parade section, that's the only game that's ever put me to sleep like that.<
>
<
>
FFIX was kinda cool, I never finished it though. By the end of X I was getting bored and wanting it to be over. Marauder Harabakc Goat<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:21 AM 

I enjoyed VIII more than VII. More memorable characters, in my mind.<
>
<
>
My favs would be IV and VI, with Tactics Advanced coming in a close third. <
>
<
>
Chey Ironfounder, Member of the VGRPU<
>
<
>
http://www.rpunion.com/forums/portal.php<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:24 AM 

FF Tactics takes the cake, as noted. <
>
<
>
As far as the best in the series, IMO - <
>
<
>
1) FF2(U.S. version)<
>
2) FF7<
>
3) FF9 <
>
4) FF10<
>
5) FF3(U.S. version)<
>
<
>
Worst - FF8 by far. <
>
<
>
FF1 gets an honorable mention as the first. It was especially fun creating your own team. Some of the Gameboy FF games were surprisingly badass as well. <
>
<
>
Old schoolers generally put FF7 farther down the list - and while I completely agree that it was a watered down fanboi-prone RPG(easier for kiddies to like because it was in 3D/watered down), it was pretty damned good and still is a great example of an RPG. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:41 AM 

picked up Advent Children this week. i have to say it has me wanting to play FF7 bad again. but damit all i lent the game out and never got it back. i recomend AC if you liked FF7. it shows all the chars, and gives them a tad bit of closure.<
>
<
>
Valius. <i>Edited by: Kamail Orenglave at: 5/5/06 10:42 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:29 AM 

Venen after all these years you finally lost credability with me putting FF3 anywhere but the top 2 !!<
>
<
>
Of the newer ones which one goes back towards a more old school setting (if any)? <
>
<
>
How could they not devolp a FFT-2 game to
ing Square-enix out of the gutter?<
>
<
>
Even though after reading the next FF game review I am very excited. Old school with new almost mmorph style combat with adds and everything....looks like they might have put their heads on straight. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:13 PM 

Tactics. The others are all basically tied for last. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:55 PM 

IX went back to sprite graphics, it was refreshing.<
>
<
>
And VIII was far from memorable, it was a blatant attempt to try and copy the popular stuff from VII and release it again but they ended up making it suck. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
Yar! Radio<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:18 PM 

I don't see why so many people hate on X-2, okay yeah it was an all girl team where you played dress up. So what, it still had fun abilities, great places to visit, and an ongoing engaging story (though not as good as X).<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:33 AM 

Eleven had the most memerable story to me. If there were a single player version i'd love to see that for sure. Its such a shame such an epic storyline was wasted on a cross cultural shithole of a mmorpg.<
>
<
>
Oh and while im at it. Kefka is about 100,000 times greater than Sephiroth, and 7 should be viewed as the beginning of the end of that series.<
>
<
>
There is no hope for 12. If the demo is any indication what that game is going to be, the series will officially be dead after this release. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:19 AM 

Tactics most definatly. 5 if you only want to include the numbered FF's.<
>
<
>
DW4 still owns all though. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:57 PM 

FF3, then FF7. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:14 PM 

FF6 > FF4 > FF5 > FF9> FF1 (I didn't play 2 and 3 so I can't say.)<
>
<
>
Tactic is in a class of it's own<
>
<
>
I'd rather get a than play the rest. --Paying for music or movies is so 1990.<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:55 AM 

Quote:DW4 still owns all though. <
>
<
>
Agreed. I've played a couple of the more recent DW's and they just don't match up... Although DW8 was pretty damned awesome. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:52 AM 

1. FF7<
>
First RPG game to really
ing a world to life to me graphically. Once I summoned Bahamut for the first time there was no going back for me. I also really enjoyed the materia system and the amount of secrets.<
>
<
>
2. FF4<
>
I love the story and some of the most memorable characters of all time.<
>
<
>
3. FF6<
>
Again, loved the story and definately lots of very memorable characters. It only gets edged out by FF4 in my eyes because the world ending halfway through the game was a little depressing to me.<
>
<
>
4. FF9<
>
Nice throwback to oldschool FF after the abomination that was 8.<
>
<
>
5. FFX<
>
I liked it many of the concepts but since I really hated the majority of the characters it just never drew me into it. My game disc getting scratched pretty badly and my not replacing it for quite awhile also really stopped my progression. I still have yet to get back to it and finish it off.<
>
<
>
6. FF5<
>
I played and beat Tactics multiple times before I ever had a chance to play this. It's a pretty good game but since it uses the job system, and I already loved Tactics, I had a lot of trouble really sitting down and playing because it felt like a watered down version of tactics.<
>
<
>
7. FF1<
>
The one that started it all. It's a pretty solid game but there just isn't that much to do in comparison to the others (for obvious reasons). Still worth a play through though since you can pick it up on GBA.<
>
<
>
8. FF2<
>
Two gets the bottom slot for having a leveling system in which beating the living crap out of yourself was the most efficient way to level. It had a pretty good story but since my party would tend to get it's ass kicked unless I went out and kicked the crap of myself, healed, and repeated it became much more of a chore than I wanted towards the end.<
>
<
>
Tactics isn't on the list because while it definately has a place among my favorite 20 games of all time if you're looking for "standard" FF games Tactics is not really in the same genre at all. It's still absolutely worth playing if you can get your hands on a PS1 copy. The GBA version...changed a few things.<
>
<
>
FF8 doesn't get listed because there's just too much about the game that I despise. It has a few things I like but ther's just too much about it that I hate. That the plot is one of them definately doesn't help.<
>
<
>
I also left FFXI off because it's an MMO and FFX-2 because Final Fantasy games should have nothing to do with pop groups. Ever. Quote:If Venen tells me he owns a dog, I'll probably believe him. It doesn't affect me or anyone else one way or another if it's true or not. However if Venen claims he has a unicorn, I damn well want to see it.<
>
-Tarot<i>Edited by: Happylilelf at: 5/18/06 6:17 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:51 AM 

FFI. But then, I've only ever played FFI and two hours worth of FFII. My NES time was rather limited way back when. [this sig has studied ninjitsu]<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:09 PM 

6, then Tactics. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:09 PM 

I really enjoyed 6 (III) and IX. Probably the former more than the latter. But they're both excellent games. <
><
>Myrren, 60 Gnome Mage, , Elune
<i></i>