It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:29 PM 

Why have I only just seen this? Have I been blind? Has this gamer community let me down?<
>
<
>
video.google.com/videopla...e+gameplay<
>
<
>
I haven't had a gamer-hard-on in years, but now I'm going to need to change my pants every time I think about this game. It seems like it gets a little boring in the end (like all sims), but what a build-up, holy shit.<
>
<
>
Gamrok Lazyarse<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:32 PM 

Are those bacteriophages chasing the spore around? That's so cool. ---------<
>
Dolalin<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:34 PM 

It's the next EQ killer. <
>
errr wait.. WoW killer.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:23 PM 

Bout a year behind on this video Gamrok =p But yes, it's very cool. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:57 PM 

okay yeah... wow. <
>http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:38 PM 

<
>
k, that was the first time for me, too-- between that and the video I just watched for Battlefield 2142... I have two new games to get all excited about.<
>
<
>
Spore looks awesome-- wonder when that's coming out-- I shall now go do some googlefu.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:41 PM 

summer 2007 iirc friblet<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:44 PM 

That seems Pretty awsomw but not much stay Value, After you win the planet what then? Or are the planets so Big that it would never happen ? "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't<
>
be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our<
>
women and
eed a hardier race!"<
>
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:19 PM 

Did you watch the entire video? After your planet you got galaxies to conquer. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 PM 

Not much stay value?<
>
<
>
You get to play god from 1 celled organism to civilizations taking over worlds. My god, the only thing I can't see is when and where this game ends.<
>
<
>
Plus, because it's model is based on user created content. Well, this could be the start of the idea that
ings the next revolution into PC gaming until Stimplants are finally perfected and we can all enjoy safe electronic sex in our own homes. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:12 PM 

This looks like such sweet sweet hotness <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:44 PM 

Quote:between that and the video I just watched for Battlefield 2142<
>
<
>
You probably never heard of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars that was announced at the E3:2005 and will probably be 100x better. BF2142 look more like a fan made total conversion than a new game.<
>
<
>
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/748/7 ... ids_1.html --Paying for music or movies is so 1990.<i>Edited by: Finlainea  at: 5/9/06 12:50 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:53 PM 

2142 Just along the 1942/Vietnam/Two lines with futuristic weapons? The reason the BF series had me hooked was the realism. /shrug <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:42 PM 

Meh, Quake wars doesn't really give me that feeling of omg like 2142 did. It'll probably be a quality game, I'm just thrilled by it.<
>
<
>
And yeah, it will be a futuristic Battlefield game, and while the realism is nice, it's there already. People who like the realism have a nice selection to choose from but now there's a futuristic option with the same quality and OMG MECHS! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:22 AM 

I didn't get what was so great about it when I saw this video some-odd months ago and I still don't. =( Looks boring as hell honestly. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:34 AM 

I love sim city games and old school populous etc. This is all kinds of games rolled into one. <
>
<
>
This just looks like hours of potential fun. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:37 AM 

Looks like E.V.O. only more fun.<
>
<
>
And I didn't think that possible. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:10 AM 

EVO was definately for the win. <
>
<
>
I'm not so sure about this game as a whole. There are basically two unique gaming aspects here that I can identify - <
>
<
>
1) Ability to utilize 3d manipulation of a creature and have those physics affect the gameplay. <
>
<
>
2) The way your creature evolves and how you manipulate it affects the way it interacts with the world. <
>
<
>
Those are sort of similar, but I seperate the physical interaction aspects of the creature and the way it interacts with the social environment etc(like the way they do the tribal dance based on characteristics). <
>
<
>
Those two features are the two that stuck out in my mind, and they are MAJOR. I WILL buy this game JUST for those two features. <
>
<
>
The city sim and the space thing looked completely boring to me personally, and the game diverges into a different game more often than needed. If it stuck with just the evolution aspect and maybe some of the subsequent civilization evolution, that would be incredible. But it looks like your creatures simply stop evolving after you get to the city stage. Lame. I will play Simcity or Civ4 if I want that stuff. <
>
<
>
They still have time to turn things around, so hopefully they will go with a good design concept. But from the video it just seems like a bunch of mini-games cluttered together. Incredible original concept, bad if they continue with this route of development. <i>Edited by: Venen at: 5/9/06 8:12 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:22 AM 

I Ummm tired to watch Ummm the video Ummm. After about 3 minutes Ummm I lost control and Ummm had to shut it off, Ummm even though the game Ummm did look cool- Ummm I just couldn't take the Ummm's anymore. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:18 AM 

Sim City and Civ are great games, I love the idea of playing them with a creature I evolved myself, rather than you filthy humans! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:32 AM 

Yeah it kind of got me too once you hit city stage it looks like they stopped envolving. But he may just of ran out of time and he did state later on once you hit the saucer stage you have a full pallete to create lots of different creatures. <
>http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:17 PM 

<
>
Kind of a weird cooincidence but, Spore was featured on the cover of USA Today's Life section today...<
>
<
>
Gamrok, are you working in their publicity department? <
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:26 PM 

e3 spore video<
>
<
>
uk.media.pc.ign.com/media...ids_1.html <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:35 AM 

ohhmmm yeah ohmmm of course ohhmmm<
>
<
>
ohhmmm this guy ohmmm sucks ohmmm<
>
<
>
looks really cool but god damn stop that shit heh Nilen<
>
Forest Stalker<
>
The Shadow Order<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:20 PM 

I"ve been wanting a game like this for a long, long time. SimLife to SimCity to CIV to CIV II to wtf knows? [this sig has studied ninjitsu]<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:12 AM 

Quote:Gamrok, are you working in their publicity department? <
>
<
>
I cannot confirm nor deny these allegations. (deny)<
>
<
>
Funny you mention E.V.O., I immediately busted out my ROM of it and started to play through it... I spent so long trying to kill the first shark boss with horns that I didn't realize how fucking easy he really is to just play normally. Gamrok Lazyarse<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:57 PM 

EVO was really one of those games that I don't think a lot of people played, but those who did loved it so much...Cult following will help Spore a lot! <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:32 AM 

Still not sure why Enix hasn't developed some sort of sequel to it. I guess it kind of depends on Square too now. I think it would fair better in today's market. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:02 PM 

My favorite comment was after he blew up the planet (approx. 31 min mark, for those who haven't watched the whole thing): "There go our friends, and there goes my reputation as a non-violent game developer." ~Giliad, Shadow Priest of Elune (World of Warcraft)<
>
Maestro Havrad Spellsinger, Bladedancer and Spoony Bard (EQ, retired)<i></i>