PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Awesome.

I'm playing it on 360, but it's a PC game.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout were all boring and frustrating and horrible. Skyrim is none of that. It is everything that those games weren't.

It's amazing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Skyrim
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
my family
misses me
oh god

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:06 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
LOL glad I'm not alone. I rented it for PS3...and I think I spent the entire last weekend playing it. Time does not exist while playing that damn game. You can tell pretty clearly where they had to skimp on the graphics but I'm still loving it.

Only gripe is that Ps3 fucked up the lighting and half the time you can't see a Npc's but for a black sillouette and sometimes in what should be a brightly lit room you can't even see the item hiding in the corner.

I just wish I could reset skill trees and whatnot, and figure out why I get plowed even while wearing full head to toe platemail lol. Any attempts to heal during combat just end up with me on the floor.

Definitely a PC game though...drives me nuts sometimes having to flip back and forth through menus and having to set things on the buttons just for one cast/use and then go back and reset the stuff.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:39 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Larreth wrote:
Definitely a PC game though...drives me nuts sometimes having to flip back and forth through menus and having to set things on the buttons just for one cast/use and then go back and reset the stuff.

It's the same crap on the PC. Cant wait till a competent interface guy cook up a new one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Don't let your PS3 save get to be more than 8MB or you will literally be playing at 2 FPS. There's supposed to be a patch to fix it but who knows.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:32 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Sorry, we'd have warned people about the PS3 limitation if we could.

It's a PC game, all the way. And it's consumed so, so much time already. Brace yourself for a shock -- I'm playing a stealth archer, and the results get hilarious at about level 40. A heavily-geared, high-Sneak, high-Archery character with an improved, enchanted Ebony Bow inflicts so much knockback with each shot that your opponents are actually searching the wrong rooms for you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:16 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

My catman wears Elven armor. Most elegant assassinations ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:06 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

My catman swords and boards and wears plate. Strangely enough the shield is awesome but the heavy armor might as well be tissue paper.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I'm level 44 in full dragonbone with a shield,and nothing can touch me. With smithing maxed out, you can get very high armor values.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 PM 

I'm pimping the glass armour as well as a glass two handed sword and loving it. I love fighting dragons omg. And you're right about the time thing. I get home at 5pm, fire up the PS3, blink twice and its 11pm already!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

My house in Whiterun is slowly sinking into the ground because I put like six hundred tons of dragon bones in it. I haven't done a lot of research on the topic, so I didn't know what to do with the stuff! Can you make light armor out of it, or only heavy?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:49 AM 

Yeah you can make light or heavy dragonbone armor.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:24 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I assume there is no way to redistribute points once used eh? Im using a 1hchance axe and shield heavy armor build so I've got a ton into those three trees. I get the crap beat out of me on a fairly regular basis. Casters especially rip me apart. I wanted to switch to light armor so I can actually move out of the attacks.....but even with the heavy armor I get hit like a truck.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:59 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I finished the Thieves' Guild quest line, so I'm running around with Nightingale Armor and a new bow -- not sure how that stacks up against Dragonbone light armor, but I suspect I'll have stealth armor and combat armor anyway.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:48 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Ah hell. I've come across a pretty huge bug. The quest Purity of revenge bugs out and you can't do it. Apparently a well known issue...which sucks as its a pretty big questline

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Yeah, but solutions are also known:

Quote:
A glitch occurs where this quest cannot be started if the player has attained but not completed the quest to retrieve the Helm of Winterhold. If you have the quest in your log by the time you finish the previous Companion's quest, it will not be started. To avoid this, do the Jarl's quest without killing the dungeon's boss (or anyone if you want to be safe) before you complete the previous quest. If done correctly, this quest should be started as normal. If you have already completed the previous quest, follow the above instructions then use the console command "player.setstage C05 0". If you completed the Helm of Winterhold quest after completing Blood's Honor, but killed everyone, it may be possible to go back to the Silver Hand hideout and resurrect the boss NPC, and follow the above instructions. The below console command to skip the quest has a high chance of glitching out the next quest as well, so be doubly sure you saved before hand. If nothing else works, the quest can be skipped by using the console command: player.SetStage C06 0. Remember to save first! Skipping the quest is known to sometimes cause errors with the next quest.

(PC) A glitch also occurs where this quest cannot be started if the player has already cleared Driftshade Refuge. If you have already cleared it, then go back to the area and resurrect the three bandits from the last room of the fort (the room behind the barred door) by using the console commands before completing the previous quest. This will allow you to continue through the story correctly.

The shortcut to zoom in on the map point will not work for this quest for some people. The map point is nevertheless visible at the location specified int his article.

If playing on the XBox 360, make sure to finish the Helm of Winterhold (miscellaneous) quest that you receive from the Jarl of Winterhold, as well as retrieve all fragments of Wuuthrad. This should allow you to completely avoid the glitch preventing the funeral to happen as well as the possible glitch where nothing happens after the funeral

Warning, the quest Helm of Winterhold itself is potentially broken. If you accept the quest prior to joining the Imperial Legion, make sure to complete the Winterhold quest before completing the Legion chain. Otherwise, you will no longer be able to complete the quest as the Jarl is exiled in Windhelm and does not give you that dialogue option anymore. With the Helm of Winterhold perpetually stuck in your questlog, the only way to start Purity of Revenge would be through use of the console. The console command to force complete the Helm of Winterhold quest is 'player.setstage Favor158 20' (also removing the helm from your inventory) then you can force start the Purity of Revenge quest using the above instructions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:27 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

All this talk of using the console. Wth is that? Im pretty sure this is. Happening because I completely cleared out driftshade when I found it while wandering. I did the helm quest a while ago as well.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Assuming you don't know, just hit the tilde ~ to bring up the console.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:01 PM 

I had to use the console to get a follower back... got lost, would never reappear, and I could not replace her with someone else. Annoying bugs but at least the console is there if you need it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:09 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Half of the fun of Bethesda games are breaking the shit out of them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
On the xbox, I've lost 3 horses and multiple companions that somehow disappear. So now I just run alone with my dragonbone armor and magic on each hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Neesha the Necro wrote:

I am on ps3. Lol got another bugged quest where I was asked to get the helm of windhelm when id already done it. The quest wont complete and he just keeps thanking me and saying here is your reward. Two major questlines screwed lol..not like I can page a gm

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:55 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Larreth wrote:
All this talk of using the console. Wth is that? Im pretty sure this is. Happening because I completely cleared out driftshade when I found it while wandering. I did the helm quest a while ago as well.
Then leave Driftshade, wait 12 hours in the wilderness (not in a hold), and go back. The bad guys should be back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:40 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Larreth wrote:
Neesha the Necro wrote:

I am on ps3. Lol got another bugged quest where I was asked to get the helm of windhelm when id already done it. The quest wont complete and he just keeps thanking me and saying here is your reward. Two major questlines screwed lol..not like I can page a gm

Then ignore anything mentioning the console since you are on a console! :skewl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Tranthas wrote:
Larreth wrote:
Then leave Driftshade, wait 12 hours in the wilderness (not in a hold), and go back. The bad guys should be back.

I'll give that a shot. Currently the place says "cleared".

I cleared driftshade out thinking it was the place for the original Helm of Winterhold/Windhelm quest as it was near the location and they attacked me. I finished up the proper location for the helm and returned it to the Jarl. He rewarded me and offered me a thaneship if I helped 3 residents in his hold. I helped a couple then went back and worked Whiterun some more.

I did all of the Companions quests up to the witches. I got their heads and came back but Kodlak was dead, and Vilkas was all pissed. He said there will be revenge and whatnot, and I saw the quest name pop up on the screen. It never made it to my quest log, and Vilkas immediately went back to his normal NPC functions. The other companions remained stuck in their "omg we got attacked" positions.

I read the fix online to go do the helm quest...but I'd already done it. I went back anyhow and sure enough he had the helm quest again!....except this time he sent me to the Yngrol Barrows, a completly different location from the first time. This place seemed reserved for another quest as weird stuff was happening unrelated to the one I was on. Got to the bottom, killed a Lord, and sure enough the helm was in the chest. I looked it up and this place he sent me to was actually for the coral claw quest, with a different outcome at the end.

I went back and he was all thankful and gave me the same quest finisher dialogue but gave no reward and didn't actually take the helm. It's stuck in my inventory along with the 5 very heavy witch heads.
Being quest items I can't toss them.

I hope this waiting out in the wild thing actually works. As it stands right now I can't progress in the game as I dont want to be a thief, assassin...etc. I get the feeling he's not going to suddenly re-give the quest as the game already thinks he gave it to me.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

The only cold blooded kill I've done so far was Lydia. Everyone else, I wait for them to attack me.

Also kill the hell out of dragons.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Once I finish Bioshock 2 on PS3 I want to get this game, everyone says it is fantastic.

:blob4:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

What happens if I make a new game? Does my old char cease to exist or can you play multiple ongoing games?

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:59 PM 

It will override your auto save/quick save so make sure you manually save your original character.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

joxur wrote:
It will override your auto save/quick save so make sure you manually save your original character.

I've just decided to keep going anyhow lol..as they are still standing out front spamming the dialogue. Would have liked to have finished that line.

There was a patch yesterday that did fix the helm quest thing though. It removed the item from my inventory...and for some reason gave me a bunch of gold. I think I'd had like 4k gold...when I logged in after the patch it removed the helm from my inventory and made the "cash received" sound...suddenly i had something like 12k gold. Woot.

Got to 95ish smithing and made myself a full set of ebony armor/weapons/shield. Holy crap that stuff is amazing.

Did have one question though: When I was doing the Markarth line of quests and got framed for all the murders and then escaped with the forsworn from prison...it pretty much made me outright KOS..Last night I was doing the Stormcloak quests and he sent me back to Markarth to blackmail the steward. Needless to say every guard in the area attacked me...SooOoOo I pretty much annihilated every guard in Markarth. My bounty kept clearing as I was killing all witnesses, but I'm still sitting at like 7k gold bounty. If I go to jail it will be for a LONG time...and I'll lose tons of skills. Any way to fix this? I saw no option to pay the bounty, as they either attack or immediately try to haul me to jail.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 PM 

If you're at 95 smithing, why aren't you in daedric? You can buy daedra hearts 2x per day from the merchant in Winterhold academy. Further, if you get to 100 smithing (which you can do by making iron daggers), you can use all of those dragon bones and scales to make dragonbone armor quite easily.

If you are in full Legendary Dragonbone, you are practically invincible.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:15 PM 

Not sure if this is a spoiler but I have 720 armour with light dragonbone armour and a 319 damage deadric two handed sword. Make an enhance enchanment potion and then drink it and make a set of enchance alchemy armour. Put on the enhance alchemy armour and make an even better enhance enchantment armour and then make a set of leather armour, a necklace and ring and enchant it with enchant smithing ability, wear those pieces and drink a potion of smithing when enhancing your armour and weapons.

You can kind of keep going to increase your enchantments but I stopped there. I put on two frost, two fires and two shock resistant for 74% resistance for each. It's not a bad set up and I am finally ready to conquer the man quest line....I think...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:17 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

joxur wrote:
If you're at 95 smithing, why aren't you in daedric? You can buy daedra hearts 2x per day from the merchant in Winterhold academy. Further, if you get to 100 smithing (which you can do by making iron daggers), you can use all of those dragon bones and scales to make dragonbone armor quite easily.

If you are in full Legendary Dragonbone, you are practically invincible.

*nods* I made several pieces of dragonbone last night. Looks really cool. I did notice that it's just barely better than legendary ebony in the way of Armor rating. Makes me wonder what Daedric is like then. You're right...I'm pretty damn invincible to anything melee but holy shit...if a mage so much as farts at me I take MASSIVE dmg. Like massive massive lol..I might need to find some sort of fire resist item. Melee though? Pffft...I walked through Markarth and had no less than 15 guards wailing on me and it was like my health didnt even move...almost to wear I thought I was bugged. I can one or two shot almost any NPC shy of a dragon or giant or mammoth right now. It's silly.

The patch for the PS3 really reduced texture quality though...and the game really looks a lot poorer when anything is viewed up close. It's like they peeled back an entire layer of detail to attempt to fix the lag/framerate issuse the consoles were having. I can use a wired Xbox controller for the PC right? It will work for Skyrim right out of the box if I recall?

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:25 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I just noticed today (100 smithing) that when I put +smithing stuff on I can improve my previously "not enough skill to improve" items.

Also where do you get Daedra hearts? I've put something close to 50 hours in the game and I don't think I've seen it once. Those look to be the best craftable weapons you can make. Ebony upgrades HUGE, especially compared to glass, where the base stats are really not as exciting.

I guess tonight I'll make a shitload of daggers so I can grind enchanting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 PM 

There's a merchant in winterhold who sells two hearts per day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:24 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

where do you get so many extra skill points to spend on the skill trees? I'm almost done with heavy armor, one or two from 1h, and one or two from block. I did 100 smithing already and a bit of archery, but how are folks getting so deep into the other specializations? Aren't the perk points finite?

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:51 PM 

There are a lot of perks that sound good but kind of suck.

I got all of the tier1 passive things that boosted armor and block, went deep into block, then was pretty selective for other things, didn't go deep into heavy armor or 1h. They just aren't all that critical...

Going deep into smithing and doing things like drinking smithing potions, wearing smithing enchanted items, etc, you can get the base damage on your weapon so high that it makes up for not choosing some of the deeper 1h talents.

By the time I beat the game at level 45 things could not really harm me, and the final fight with alduin lasted about 15 seconds. He landed twice, I think, and fell over. Was a bit anticlimactic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:28 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

Finished the game tonight - the main storyline, anyway. Had a lot of fun playing.

I played a mostly-destruction mage, which I enjoyed, but the spell progression frustrated me. As spell levels increase, damage does too, but the damage:cost ratio drops dramatically. I was constantly reminded of this fact when I tried to cast more then two dual-casted Expert destruction spells in a row because I had run out of mana. Instead, it was much more efficient - and necessary in more difficult encounters - to cast low level spells. So I spent most of the game hurling fire-bolts and -balls.

Anyway, that was my main beef. The sheer amount of content is mind-bending, especially the game world itself. The dungeons were a huge step up from Oblivion's: all of them were unique, and most had a purpose (quest, storyline, etc.). The main plot was simple and engrossing. Also, the sky. Thank you, aurora artists.

I would put my playtime here, but I am ashamed of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:50 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I love the game so far but I am missing other people in it. I mean, I am glad it isn't an mmo but still. I spend so much time smithing, gathering leather and such and it sometimes feels weird not to see any other people at the forge etc. The whole world looks like it was made for it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:52 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Jalen wrote:
I love the game so far but I am missing other people in it. I mean, I am glad it isn't an mmo but still. I spend so much time smithing, gathering leather and such and it sometimes feels weird not to see any other people at the forge etc. The whole world looks like it was made for it.

Looks like its a MMO but you are the only one in it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:26 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I wouldn't be surprised if bethesda tried an elder scrolls mmo.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:52 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I'm curious what a good video card would be to really make this game look good. I've not tried it on PC yet, but I've got a ATI 5850 video card.

Btw, the rogue thieves guild questline and whatnot is just awesome. I've found that working sneak, illusion, pickpocket, lockpick and speech really makes me a big wimp in actual combat unless it's with a bow lol...

The Fury spell is freaking hilarious though...reminds me of the old UO bard days where you'd make 2 things attack one another.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:10 PM 

I can't speak for a 5850, but 6870's in Crossfire work just fine!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:03 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

It looks pretty awesome on my 560 ti.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:23 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Dark Brotherhood questline is fucking fantastic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if bethesda tried an elder scrolls mmo.

They'd be morons not to try it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:28 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Probably going to get this tonight for PC even though I now have 2 pretty advanced chars on ps3 hehe...perhaps I'll rent it just one more time =P

Anyone dual wield? How is that done? like left right left right? I've tried it a couple times but just ended up getting the crap kicked out of me w/no way to block =P

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:33 PM 

left mouse button = right hand, right mouse button = left hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:53 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I'm left-handed, so I went into the config and swapped those.

You can use weapons to "block" incoming attacks, but it's nowhere near as reliable or effective as a shield. I can even block blows with a box, but it works about 5% of the time so I don't bother unless it's all I've got for defense.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:28 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Max level is around 81 1/2. Once all skills are at 100 that's where you'll end up.

A handy way to raise pick pocket is to find a trainer, train a skill you have that's below 50, save, a pick pocket the gold back off them and do it again. It works at best at low levels when you level quickly. You'll pretty much get a 1 to 1 on skill raises, 1 pick pocket for every point you train. At low levels 10 skill raises should level you up easy. Past 50 skill the cost spikes sharply over 1000 gold and you pick pocket chance goes down significantly.

Enjoying the heck out of it, playing a Khajiit assassin/archer. Assassinated a couple dragons now. One of the best helms you can get for that play style is the Krosis, it comes off the dragon priest at Shearpoint.

Oh yeah almost forgot, throw some elemental resist enchants on some of your gear. That will help with the mage rape.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:16 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Does this game require an internet connection to play, or just to activate through Steam? (I fucking HATE Steam!)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:59 PM 

Not to my knowledge.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:14 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

randy wrote:
Dark Brotherhood questline is fucking fantastic.

It certainly was! Even better than the thieves guild questline, and I really liked that. Agro is strange at times with assasinations though lol. I killed a guy with a bow right in the middle of town...folks went apeshit but I got no bounty and escaped. I waited 24 hours and returned to the scene of the crime. One guard, and only one guard agroed...and chased me across town. I dragged him out behind a house, hid for a sec and killed his ass right between two other guards. Like 5 seconds after he was dead a guard ran over to check the body, but nothing happened.

I shot some random contract girl in the middle of the road. No one around and it was night. I dragged her body (I only recently realized you could do this) behind a tree and somehow then got agro. I ran away and hid behind a rock. Completely hidden, completely agro cancelled...I'm sitting there and I see two torches flying at a full sprint across the bridge, down the shore, across the river directly to me....and guards attempted arrest before I paid him off. Very weird.

Archery sure is slow to level though...even when it's the only weapon I used till recently.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:07 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Finally "finished" this on the 360, 124 hours at level 45. There's still a million other things I could do but it's taken so much time that I've called it a game. Now I'll play Oblivion when I get the urge to do dumb shit in a couple months.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:00 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Shadowmere needs to quit killing guards while I'm trying to pay them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:41 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I'm sad, this is one of those games where I see everyone everywhere gushing over it, but I just can't get into it.

Doesn't help that even on the highest difficulty level it feels like I'm fighting mentally challenged kids and I have to intentionally play dumb just to make it interesting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:38 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Tranthas wrote:
Shadowmere needs to quit killing guards while I'm trying to pay them.

I left him outside a dungeon like I always do. Came out...he stands there for a few seconds and drops dead. No idea why lol.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Wow. I didn't think he could die. He's certainly never been exposed to any normal agency capable of killing him in my game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I rode Shadowmere off a mountain. He crumpled to the ground dead and I walked away fine.

Skyrim doesn't seem like enough of an improvement from Oblivion to me. It could have been released as an expansion. Don't get me wrong I could easily sink another 60-100 hours into the game. I just don't find it particularly satisfying. Every fight feels the same, every dungeon blends together, every npc blends together.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Nobody looks at 100 hours of "expansion" and sells it at DLC prices.

Offline Profile