It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:51 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Elemental: War of Magic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:17 AM 
I schooled the old school.

Anyone here tried Elemental: War of Magic yet? I'm looking for opinions before I purchase it. It's a turn-based 4x strategy game with a fantasy theme.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:29 AM 

well responding to my own post here... finally got to read a review and I see it's probably a buggy mess.

That's too bad... there aren't enough turn based strategy games out there right now, and I want a good one! Civ 5 in a few days....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:00 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
It's not all that buggy, works fine on most hardware. My beef with it is the crippled AI. They don't really build up enough to become a threat. You'll find kings just sitting in the wilderness waiting to be killed off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:32 PM 

Is it anything like Master of Magic from back in the day? I would love an up to date graphics type of Master of Magic game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:21 PM 

Omg! I downloaded this game this weekend because the 15th was too far away (for the classic EQ server to open) and I ran out of money for car parts so I had nothing to do. I was playing around on a new version of X-com UFO defense (called UFO Invasion) and I beat Master of Orion II last weekend, I was going to play some Master of Magic on Dosbox and looked online for any new mods for it and found.....

This game is awesome! It's like an advance version of Master of Magic. One of my top 5 favorites gamesbtw. They're up to patch 1.11 which, looking at the notes, they fixed all those AI bugs a long time ago. There is a small mod'ing community as well as online play.

If you like turn based strategy then you'll love this. It has town customization/creation, heroes that you can customize, monsters, quests, custom equipment, custom spells etc. I've only been playing through the weekend. I'm wondering if there is a Titan or something like in MoM that you can summon, the Titan in MoM could wreck havok. Bunch of races you can pick from, skils, spell books, research....I'm liking it.

Offline Profile