It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Pretty Cool.

Back to The Cyborg R.A.T. Gaming Mouse – the coolest mouse on the block(link)

Quote:
Mad Catz Interactive has unveiled a new range of premium Cyborg gaming mice which will begin shipping in Q2 this year. The new range takes all the same principles normally applied to ergonomic fully adjustable flight sticks, and incorporates them in gaming mice. For the first time ever on a mouse, the key points of contact between the gamer’s hand and the mouse are fully adjustable allowing it to be customized for any grip preference. Cyborg claims they are the most comfortable gaming mice in existence, but who cares, cos they are the coolest you’ll ever see.

The USD$130 top of the range Cyborg R.A.T. Gaming Mouse has specifications to match its looks in that it’s wireless with rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries, fully adjustable and fully programmable, has a 5600dpi laser and has a removable weight system.

The company’s stated strategy is to “develop products that evoke a passionate consumer response” and the Cyborg R.A.T. definitely achieves that goal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Well it certainly looks comfortable.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:14 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
I just want a left handed gaming mouse. They're all freaking for righties and you sacrifice grip/comfort on the ambidextrous ones.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:12 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

eh... I am left handed and I just learned to game with my right hand on the mouse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Wireless, bah.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:56 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
Wireless, bah.

Agreed. I was pretty interested until I read that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Mad Catz, bah. Fucking thing looks like the Batmobile in Batman Begins.

In similar news, Power Glove 2 pretty much at CES this year. Promoted it by saying how AWESOME it will make you play WoW. $150. Ha ha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:44 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Mad Catz, bah. Fucking thing looks like the Batmobile in Batman Begins.

In similar news, Power Glove 2 pretty much at CES this year. Promoted it by saying how AWESOME it will make you play WoW. $150. Ha ha.

It's so bad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Two things:

1) Wireless at this stage is NOT what it was years ago. Honestly, the difference in response is not noticeable. That said, there hasn't been much in the way of new wireless mice beyond the G7 (and some insiderl33tinf0z from MS about something they've got in the works).

2) One of my clients got a hands on with this thing and the response was, in technical terms, "turd-bucket with no handle".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:26 PM 

Wireless is better than it was, but it's still crap. I've tried interchanging brand new wireless and wired mouses while playing TF2 and pulling off no-sight shots with the sniper, and I miss because of slower response times(or rather, lack of response in some circumstances) much more often with wireless than I do with a wired. For me at least, the difference is quite noticable, and a game-changer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:40 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
that's usually a settings issue. I have no issues in fps games with my wireless mouse. you may have to increase the sensitivity/etc, and play around with the settings, but they work just as well.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 AM 

Still have to get batteries for it and/or plug it into a charger even if that's true. Just too much of a hassle. I will never understand the wireless craze. Companies would get more money from me if they would stop this nonsense.

The other day I had to literally scour the goddamn shelf at Best Buy just to find a goddamned router that was not wireless. One of my issues is I have a few devices in my house and at work that cause some interference. It's just one of my pet peeves.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I use the Microsoft Sidewinder X8. It's wireless, very accurate and the response time is not an issue in any FPS I played.

Also the "puck" it comes with that act as a wireless receiver have a small cord to connect to the mouse (hold in place with a magnet) and while the cord is hooked the mouse charge and you can continue to use it. No need to make it sit in a craddle or change the batteries mid game.

It also come 2 extra set of skates.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:35 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Venen wrote:
Still have to get batteries for it and/or plug it into a charger even if that's true. Just too much of a hassle. I will never understand the wireless craze. Companies would get more money from me if they would stop this nonsense.

Most mice now require only swapping batteries every few DAYS with a charging station. The G7 is a prime example. That takes all of 6 seconds to do. And wireless is not a "craze". About the only point I do consider it ridiculous are the wireless external HDD's. 15MBps is nonsense. But yeah, wires suck if the bandwidth is available.

Venen wrote:
The other day I had to literally scour the goddamn shelf at Best Buy just to find a goddamned router that was not wireless. One of my issues is I have a few devices in my house and at work that cause some interference. It's just one of my pet peeves.

Not sure how this is even remotely related to wireless mice, but ok. Look at getting a TRUE N dual-band router. This will solve your interference issues, and any compatibility issues for that matter. That said, I agree on not being able to find wired routers. It was annoying finding a retail box gigabit switch for my office/server boxes. And don't even get me started on a consumer product with more than 4 ports.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:50 AM 

Yea, I know charging them is easy, it's just one less thing to think about especially if I'm taking my computer on a trip with me. I have too many electronic gadgets(I probably have like 5-7 different mobile device chargers around here somewhere) laying around as it is. I just appreciate the simplicity of plugging it in and never thinking about it again.

I do appreciate the suggestion from Fin on the mouse though - I hadn't heard of that, same with the router.

I dunno, I'm tempted to get a Razer Naga at some point or something similar just because of all the extra buttons. My old 5-button mouse just ain't cutting it for MMORPG's with massive numbers of abilities/macros anymore, heheh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

You should look at getting a Logitech G9x. Best mouse I've ever used, and yes it's wired ;P But I'd snap up a wireless version in a heartbeat if one existed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:00 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

G9 rocks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
G5 is all the mouse you will ever need.

Fuck changing batteries. Ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:16 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Argrax wrote:
G9 rocks.

Agreed

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:18 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that came with my new HP computer. I've been using them constantly since Thanksgiving and I have yet had to replace the batteries. (2 double A in each device)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 AM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

Finlainea wrote:
I use the Microsoft Sidewinder X8. It's wireless, very accurate and the response time is not an issue in any FPS I played.

Also the "puck" it comes with that act as a wireless receiver have a small cord to connect to the mouse (hold in place with a magnet) and while the cord is hooked the mouse charge and you can continue to use it. No need to make it sit in a craddle or change the batteries mid game.

It also come 2 extra set of skates.

Yup that's my mouse too and I love it, it's effectively wired or wireless pretty much instantly. Every wireless mouse out there should have the same setup.

I hated wireless mice until I used one of these.

Offline Profile