It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:31 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm at a loss at how to describe it. I'm also still playing it through. My best suggestion is to read the reviews and see if you'd like it...I'm having a blast with it.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... ythelegend

It's currently available on Steam, which is where I picked it up.

Basically here's why I'm recommending the game so far:

1) It's FUN. It's not the greatest game I've ever played, it has turn based combat... but it's enjoyable. It's not easy-mode easy...though it might be once I better learn the systems. So far it's challenging and entertaining. Holy shit just what games should be and so often aren't.

2) It's fucked up and funny. I went to a house which has my biographer. Essentially my character (you HAVE to play a male, I hate that but whatever) has a fucked up history. The super fucked up part is, after your degenerate drunk of a dad sells you to a mage, the mage gets in trouble for ...PERFORMING ILLEGAL ABORTIONS.

Yes, you read that right. And they sidestep the whole 'choice' issue, because the REASON this is so terrible is...he's doing it without the mother's permission. Basically Lord Soandso got a little drunk, knocked up Maiden Deflowered and didn't want the little bastard that was forthcoming. So he hires the mage to do a little ABORTION MAGIC.

Yeah...

Also there's a lot of cool choices in the game. For example, a miller goes missing. I find him hiding in his cellar. He's now turning zombie. Why? Oh he was robbing graves. I can 'kill him for the good of the community' or I can try to find him a cure, or I can tell him it's justice for being a dirty graverobber...and do nothing. And the choices still give rewards.

The dialogue is witty and fun, and gets more and more fucked up as you go through the game.

It was worth it just for ABORTION MAGIC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:28 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Locking since I missed the other post, DOH!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]