It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fallout 4 due by 2011?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:54 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Source: Reuters.

What we heard: It's been all of 10 years since Interplay and Black Isle Studio's Fallout 2 arrived to rapt critical reception for the PC. And if executive producer Todd Howard has his way, fans of the franchise shouldn't have to wait another decade after Fallout 3 for another postapocalyptic role-playing fix.

Speaking to Reuters, Howard addressed the franchise's long absence from the gaming scene, saying the latest installment has been too long in coming. "I think it's good for people to miss things," he said. "Ten years between Fallout is a bit long, but I think there's this nostalgia factor."

And then things get a little screwy. Seemingly unaware of the average gamers' excitability factor, Reuters then floated mention of "Fallout 4," and paraphrased the game's executive producer as saying, "he believes three years is a good time frame between games." Not unexpectedly, this one-two combo exploded with its own atomic ferocity across many a gaming Web site, with the common consensus being that Howard had confirmed Fallout 3's successor as being a mere three years off.

The official story: "He wasn't trying to say anything about how long it will be between the Fallout 3 and the next one," said a Bethesda Softworks representative. "Rather, it was a comment about the fact that 10 years was too long between the last Fallout games and Fallout 3. We aren't setting any kind of timeframe or timetable for the next Fallout. We haven't even released this one yet, though at least we're now very, very close."

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus...that a date is officially confirmed. However, given the massive hype, decade-long anticipation, and amount of critical praise Fallout 3 has already received, a sequel looks likely. Keep in mind, though, there was a four-year gap between Elder Scrolls III and IV.

Fallout 4 due by 2011?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:21 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I haven't ever played a Fallout game but I'm downloading Fallout 3 for the 360 right now, it looks really cool but I am not a huge fan of the sci-fi RPG genre. I thought Stalker sucked cock, and wasn't interesting. I understand fallout has that same kind of post-nuclear (duh fallout) aspect, so who knows. I'll post back with a review.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:02 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
"It fucking sucks"

There, I did the typical review you do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:19 PM 
Bridge Dweller

a lot of games lately have sucked, here are some great ones though:

far cry
half life 2
world of warcraft
gears of war
gears of war 2
skate
tales of vesperia
fable 2
mario kart wii
legend of zelda: twilight princess
nba 2k9
madden 09

that's a lot of good games

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

that's not alot, that's 12

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:11 PM 
Bridge Dweller

yeah it's a pretty sad state in the gaming industry isn't it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I don't think gaming is the problem. You just want to hate everything (or pretend to hate everything) for whatever reason.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:03 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I think he was saying that those games were the good ones, and that the rest were crap... which would kinda constitute "a lot".

Regardless, I don't see Lost Odyssey on that list of recent good games. Epic fail, sir.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:18 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

If you haven't played Fallout 1 and 2 then why do you even judge other games? You don't even know what a good game is anyway.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
He posts so that it gives him the excuse to continually remind everyone that he illegally downloaded whatever game in question the thread is about. First post on this thread- I am downloading Fallout 3... first post on the Gears of War 2 thread- I am going to download Gears of War 2 tonight... etc etc etc. It is utterly sad that he feels the need to state every single time that he illegally downloaded the game, as if to say he is cooler than the rest of us because he did so.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:54 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Gears of War 2 is an AMAZING game so far. Here's a clue Cicely, nobody gives a fuck if I torrent or download video games. Why do you think I'm bragging about it? I'm just being honest about where I'm getting them.

I'm not some uber-l33t script kiddie who thinks torrenting is hacking. So w/e.

Finlainea wrote:
If you haven't played Fallout 1 and 2 then why do you even judge other games? You don't even know what a good game is anyway.

My list would dictate otherwise... unless of course you think Half-Life / Bioshock / Gears of War are bad games.

Neesha the Necro wrote:
I don't think gaming is the problem. You just want to hate everything (or pretend to hate everything) for whatever reason.

I don't want to hate *anything* -- nothing would make me happier than to play a bunch of awesome video games. I just don't think there are a lot of video games that I'd buy, but now since my 360 is flashed, that's not a problem. I'll definitely be playing a lot more games now so it's likely that my outlook will change.

I love video games. I love the great ones that much more.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:59 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

xskycrasherx wrote:
Gears of War 2 is an AMAZING game so far. Here's a clue Cicely, nobody gives a fuck if I torrent or download video games. Why do you think I'm bragging about it? I'm just being honest about where I'm getting them.

I'm not some uber-l33t script kiddie who thinks torrenting is hacking. So w/e.

Finlainea wrote:

My list would dictate otherwise... unless of course you think Half-Life / Bioshock / Gears of War are bad games.

Neesha the Necro wrote:

I don't want to hate *anything* -- nothing would make me happier than to play a bunch of awesome video games. I just don't think there are a lot of video games that I'd buy, but now since my 360 is flashed, that's not a problem. I'll definitely be playing a lot more games now so it's likely that my outlook will change.

I love video games. I love the great ones that much more.

You sure are showing Cliff Blezenski, Todd Howard, and Peter Molyneux how much you really support them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:09 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I hate Peter Molyneux. I played the PC version of Fable that I borrowed from my dad, and didn't like it.

I bought Gears of War 1, and likely will buy Gears of War 2. ;) I haven't played Fallout 3 as of yet though. Going to beat GoW2 first. I am not sure about Fable 2 though. I have hardly played that, just past the first child stage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:23 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Why would you buy Gears 2 if you already downloaded it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:33 AM 
Bridge Dweller

To support the developers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:13 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

lol ok

You'll spend $60 on a game you already have to "support the developers" but you had to sell your PS3 because you needed cash? Something's rotten in Denmark or Phoenix or Utah or wherever the hell ya are.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:20 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah you're right lol I won't be buying and fucking video game when I can get it for free lol

Offline Profile