It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:09 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Diablo 3
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:09 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Beat it yesterday. Restarted because hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not too bad, shitty ending tho. They put way too much effort into giving a Diablo game a story.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:01 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
There was a story behind those uncanny valley-esque cinematics?

(I kid, I kid)

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:40 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Worthy wrote:
Something going right for me for a change. I will probably go out and buy the players guide while I wait for it to be shipped to me.

Congrats. If you are trying to save money, why would you buy a player's guide? Everything in that $20 guide is available for free on the internet, and I know you know how to use that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:17 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
I finished Normal Mode today. The criitcs are right, the plot finishes weak. Not quite "Why did you bother" weak, but definitely "Why is no one mourning these important characters" weak.

I wanted to switch classes and start over, but for some reason I'm in Nightmare difficulty still playing the Demon Hunter. Surprise, surprise....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 AM 

PSA:

D3 accounts are already being hacked, stolen and stripped down to naked characters. If you don't have an authenticator, get one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Vanamar wrote:
PSA:

D3 accounts are already being hacked, stolen and stripped down to naked characters. If you don't have an authenticator, get one.

Free Autenticator APP for Android and Iphones just have to install it and use it with your phone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:04 AM 

I also beat Normal this weekend and started up on Nightmare.

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time until I realized I was still wearing gear from my mid 20s in Act 2. Had to spend like 100k on the AH (such a terribly designed interface, full of fucking price gougers) to get some equipment that was actually my level. Once I did that, I found it easier to kill things before they killed me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 PM 

You don't have to worry about the Auction House when you're 40 plus playing on hardcore. The AH is barren of anything worth two shits to use and what is there is so fucking expensive you won't buy it anyway.

It's like playing Iron Man Diablo 1.

Last edited by Givin Wetwillies on Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:46 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Vanamar wrote:
I also beat Normal this weekend and started up on Nightmare.

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time until I realized I was still wearing gear from my mid 20s in Act 2. Had to spend like 100k on the AH (such a terribly designed interface, full of fucking price gougers) to get some equipment that was actually my level. Once I did that, I found it easier to kill things before they killed me.

I pumped all my income into my Artisan and created yellows (or recreated if it didnt randomize good stats) for my gear, that worked pretty well on getting my damage up.

I just started nightmare too, what level are you now van?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 PM 

Apparently Battletags are not secure and are easily stolen leading to access to your account, even bypassing authenticators so that will not help.

EDIT: Apparently mobile authenticators don't protect Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.

And as icing on the cake, since the whole battle.net system is fucking worthless, if you have friends that you play with and they get hacked, they can just join into your game at any time and jack your shit. This includes if you have join turned off.

Avoid public games, as well as friends who frequent public games. It's just like sex. If you fuck that person, you're fucking every person they've been with too so enjoy your possible AIDS.

Goodbye Spudcrusher, hardcore monk of the 49th fist. Hardcore didn't even kill you. It was China.
Actually, it was a plagued jailer vampiric swamp tree. But I still blame China.

:diabloanifire: :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire:

Edit: This doesn't apparently affect WoW logins, so they probably don't have password information. Which is even more funny.

Last edited by Givin Wetwillies on Tue May 22, 2012 12:44 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I am glad I have not gotten my copy yet in the mail.

I found a story about the Hacking.

Quote:
Accounts on Diablo 3 hacked

After getting through the bevy of release date errors, Diablo 3 players are finding their accounts under attack. It’s not clear whether it’s an exploitable glitch within Diablo 3 or improperly secured accounts on the client side, but many accounts on Diablo 3 have been hacked on May 19 and 20. Those who have recent activity with an account named “leyiong”, “Nevin”, “SBJunkie”, “luckllezz”, “McLeast” or any other person you know you never played with are almost assuredly the victims of this hacking and will need to take steps to re-secure their account as well as get their items back.

Blizzard’s answer to the mass of hacked Diablo 3 accounts, is, "Change your password and get an authenticator" - though many accounts with authenticators have also been among those hacked.

You can also submit a ticket to support and authorize an account roll back. This will take your character back some levels - how many will depend on when Blizzard staff can reset your account back to - and return some of your gold and items. Be aware that there are restrictions on the number of rollbacks available - it seems to be two based on answers to submitted tickets - and that being hacked more than once will cause your account to be banned permanently from using the soon-to-be-released real money auction house.

Most likely this group of hackers is preparing for the opening of the Diablo 3 real money auction house. This is just a taste of what’s to come in the future when the auction house officially opens and hackers everywhere try to steal goods and gold to sell for real cash.

This reporter, after having her own account with authenticator hacked, firmly believes this is a serious security breach on Blizzard’s side, though they either do not want to admit it, or are still unaware of the problem. Many who have had their account on Diablo 3 hacked were logged in at the time of the hack and support staff tells them there was no evidence of their account being hacked. That indicates there is an exploit in the system being taken advantage of.

If you're a Hawaiian player and you've had your account rolled back, but found yourself missing a lot of levels as well as some gear and gold, you can find honest players in the Hawaiian time zone by checking this thread on Battle.net. Playing with someone on your time zone can help you collect back some of your gold and loot, as well as earn back a few levels, without losing any sleep.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:43 PM 

Already debunked. Dumb bitch didn't have an authenticator on and added a mobile app after the fact to save face.

Same with the Eurogamer writer who tore ass last night because he was hacked. No authenticator.

The blizzard statement thus far is every account so far they have investigated did not have an authenticator attacked. Also, the mobile authenticator does not work for Starcraft II or Diablo 3 so those aren't safe.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:54 PM 

Uh, the mobile authenticator works just fine for my Diablo 3 account.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
I've been using a mobile authenticator for SC2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:49 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Yeah my mobile one works just fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:43 PM 

Dial In Authenticators I mean. They do not work for SC2 or D3.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article ... or-faq#q-7
Quote:
What games and services does the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator protect?
The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator protects any World of Warcraft accounts attached to a Battle.net account, as well as Battle.net Account Management. The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is not currently compatible with StarCraft II or Diablo III, though that may change in the future.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 PM 

dial in authenticator barely works for WoW. It's an authenticator of last resort, even Blizzard basically admits to that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Worthy wrote:
Something going right for me for a change. I will probably go out and buy the players guide while I wait for it to be shipped to me.

Congrats. If you are trying to save money, why would you buy a player's guide? Everything in that $20 guide is available for free on the internet, and I know you know how to use that.

Working a couple Jobs right now. Hypnosis shows are slow. I drive Taxi part time, 12 hour shifts. Sometimes it is busy. Sometimes I can sit an hour with no jobs. Got the book to pass the time. I always liked Game books anyway. I even have one for the Original EverQuest stored with all my old expansion boxes.

They finally listed the rest of the Winners. I am under Friday, May 18th. Got an E-mail that they shipped it on Tuesday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:04 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

5 Quick Tips You Need to Play (or Break) Diablo 3

Diablo 3 is here, it’s fun, it’s had server problems, and I’ve been playing it too much lately. I’ve noticed (and been told) a few small tricks that can improve your Diablo 3 experience or completely break the game. It’s your call about whether you want to use them, but at least one of these tricks will help you out.

Quote:
Prevent Friends From Jumping Into Your Game

Games by default are set private, but that only prevents strangers from joining your game unannounced. If you have a Battle.net friends list, they can hop in and make the enemies you’re fighting right now much harder by clicking on “Quick Join” when they log in. This isn’t fun when you’re in the middle of a boss fight or are playing in Nightmare Mode. Of course, when a game can potentially kill you with a connection hiccup, playing in Nightmare Mode just isn’t a good idea. Anyway, go into Options and under Social uncheck the “Enable Quick Join” checkbox. You can still invite your friends to your game, but they can’t just jump in.

Customize Your Skills

Diablo 3 starts you off by giving you different skill slots, each with their own collection of skills. You don’t need to be bound to this. Elective Mode opens up all six skill slots to all of your skills, letting you map anything you want to the left mouse button, right mouse button, and the 1, 2, 3, and 4 number keys. Go into the Gameplay Options tab and check the Elective Mode box. Unfortunately, you don’t get a neat drop-down of icons like you do with passive skills. You need to scroll through each skill section to set your skills.

Keep Item Labels Displayed

By default, Diablo 3 only shows you the labels of items for about ten seconds when they drop. After that, you can hit the Alt button to show the labels for another ten seconds, but then they disappear again. Go into the Gameplay tab and select Push to toggle (On/Off) under Item Label Display to turn the Alt button into a toggle that turns the item labels on and keeps them on.

Buy Gems at the Auction House

Gems are ridiculously cheap at the auction house. In Act III, when I barely could find the components to make ordinary gems, I could buy stacks of perfect gems for a fraction of the price of an orange weapon. Socketed items are easy to find once you get to Act II, and if you keep a bunch of perfect and radiant gems in your stash you can give them a better boost than legendary items offer. A perfect ruby in Act II can let a blue weapon deal more damage than an orange weapon, and you can find them for a few hundred gold each in the auction house. This still doesn’t break the game as much as making a Monk in Elective Mode.

Hold Shift When Playing a Ranged Class

This is revealed through tips in the game, but it’s an important thing to remember when you’re playing a wizard, demon hunter, or witch doctor. To stay still while attacking, hold the shift button down. Pair this with the Templar to keep yourself relatively safe and dealing damage from a distance instead of rushing into a crowd because you clicked the ground and not an enemy.

I should have my game by this weekend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Taking my time playing. Almost to level 11.
Worthy#1109 is my Battlenet name.

Question, I just got my first follower, the Templar. Do I get less EXP per kill when I have him with me? Do they make the game harder or adjust anything when I use him?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:09 PM 

No, you don't get less xp. He'll always basically be a level behind you. He's basically necessary for some boss fights (later on you'll get two other companions, but you can only use one at a time)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:56 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

My highest-level character is a Demon Hunter. I've never used the other hirelings, because in Nightmare the DH is so damn fragile he needs a tank to live past the 20 seconds it takes to go through all his Hatred and Discipline while fighting a single rare monster and his minions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 AM 

You're doing it wrong then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:52 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Patch today lets see what they fix or mess up! :blob4: darknight

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:29 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Here ya go.
Quote:
Diablo III Patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749

General
Players will now automatically join General chat when logging in
Classes
Monk
Active Skills
Serenity
Skill Rune - Tranquility
Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
Mantra of Healing (tooltips will be updated in a later patch)
In addition to increasing Life regeneration for you and nearby allies while active, Mantra of Healing will now also shroud you and nearby allies with a mystical shield that absorbs damage for 3 seconds after activiation (up to a limited amount, based on level)
Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
Boon of Protection has been renamed Boon of Inspiration
Mantra of Healing will now heal you when dealing damage to an enemy (heal amount will be based on hero level)

Bug Fixes
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Bug Report forum.
General
Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in
The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader
Achievements
All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower
Acts
Act IV
Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target

Auction House
The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage"
The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues
Battle.net
The public chat list will now sort alphabetically
Classes
Witch Doctor
Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

So nerf monks a bit, bug fixes, tweak the auction house. I got bored with the monk pretty fast; are these big changes?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:13 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Witch Doctor Question.
Do Mojo items have some hidden ability?
I am only level 13, and my shield has 88 AC, the bonus that the Mojo items I have found so far do not seem to really give me too much. Nothing impressive anyway. Should I stick with the shield?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

No idea what Mojos do, only played a wizard so far.

Also anyone else noticed you cant just plow through acts as easy as you use too? For me anyway just takes a bit longer than I use to remember in Diablo II.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:49 PM 

It's like that by design to force more usage of the auction house.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

That might be my problem. I haven't made any use of the auction house, so my gear is probably pretty anemic for what I'm fighting. That'll be a bigger deal for an agility class than it is for, say, the Barbarian.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Diablo III Patch 1.0.2b - v.1.0.2.9950

General
When logging into Diablo III, the "Cancel" button which appears in the login checkbox will now be grayed out for 30 seconds after a Battle.net account name and password are entered. This is to reduce server load during the login process.

Auction House
Damaged items can now be sold on the auction house
Once sold, damaged items will be repaired automatically when moved from the purchasing player's Completed tab to their stash
Please note that unsold damage items will not be automatically repaired when returned to the seller's stash
Description messages for several auction house-related errors have been added

Mac
Several Mac performance improvements have been made

Bug Fixes
General
It is no longer possible to skip entire Acts in a multiplayer game

Classes
Barbarian
Active Skills
Fixed a bug that was allowing certain barbarian skills to continuously trigger each other's critical strikes, to the point of causing the player to crash. To address this crash, the following skill and skill rune combinations can no longer be triggered by each other's critical strikes:
Battle Rage (Skill Rune - Bloodshed)
Cleave (Skill Rune - Rupture and Skill Rune - Scattering Blast)
Hammer of the Ancients (Skill Rune - Thunder Strike)
Wrath of the Berserker (Skill Rune - Slaughter)

Followers
Monsters who are charmed by the Enchantress's skill "Mass Confusion" can no longer kill event NPCs

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Welp, I made it to Nightmare before I got bored to tears(I know, that's not far at all, but that's precisely how boring it is... I had to play it piecemeal just to make it that far, deluding myself that something was around the corner each time I logged in).

I miss the customization of Diablo 2 builds, but I'm not going to say that made or broke it for me. The loot metagame being significantly worse is a bummer, but whatever. I just don't think Diablo does it for me anymore =( If I have to wait until Inferno mode or whatever it is to actually begin using brain cells, it's far too little far too late, and from the footage I've seen, I doubt it's much anyway. With only 4 ability slots, limited customization, and way more emphasis on a clickfest even by Action RPG standards, there's not a whole lot to think about other than pouring into one stat and some resists. Yay.

The only real challenge is in not getting into dangerous fights ahead of time. It's not a question of ability, but of judgement. It would be quite nice to have both factors at play, but with an extremely limited arsenal, a trained monkey could get out of any situation where it's feasible as well as a Korean SC2 world champion.

The only lingering hope I have for the game is in PVP, but I guess that's a ways off. Diablo 3, shelved!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 PM 

Yeah, it's good. But not "I've been waiting for this 12 years." good. And not from getting too high expectations. It's just meh. I'm still wondering where all the content they talked about that was similar to scripted WoW raid events went.

I also see no point at all to PVP.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I thought the center of the game would be multiplayer, but the center is really the auction house. I played that when it was called WoW.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Yeah, it's good. But not "I've been waiting for this 12 years." good. And not from getting too high expectations. It's just meh. I'm still wondering where all the content they talked about that was similar to scripted WoW raid events went.

I also see no point at all to PVP.

Yeah I'm working my way through Nightmare right now, as I finished normal in an afternoon wondering why the hell I was already seeing Diablo and killing him. Nightmare is a bit tougher, but still nothing particularly amazing...and it's just the same stuff regurgitated.

Crafting doesn't seem particularly interesting, when the AH is the alternative. AH prices are fucking hysterical high and bot rampant. Starting price, 2000g. Buyout 200,000...etc. I've had a hell of a time buying upgrades now that I'm in nightmare as the prices are just prohibitively high...and decent drops are almost nonexistant.

The AH also doesn't properly update the prices on items. I'll go to bid on something that has a current bit of 500gold. I bid 600. Bid too low, current bid 700. I bid 1000, Current bid too low...etc...over and over. It doesn't actively update the pricing.

Still, I'm having fun I guess. I'm just getting tired of the Blizzard methodology of "just introduce harder modes over actual content".

Skyrim is still the best game I've played in a long, long long time...horrible PS3 issues and all.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

"The servers are busy, please try again later"...........
LoL....wtf.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
still glad that I didn't get the game

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:13 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Yeah, I think Skyrim was the best game I've played in a long while. If I look at what a game cost me, and how many hours of real entertainment I got out of it in return, Skyrim cost me less than 30 cents per hour. Most games don't get under a buck an hour unless I caught them on some ridiculous sale, and I paid full retail on launch day for Skyrim.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Wow, what a nose dive.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:13 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Currently getting my butt handed to me in Act 1 Inferno, I do decent damage but have paper hp! Fun..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 PM 

I just started playing this two days ago (after beating Dragon's Dogma...), my fingers hurt from the click fest. I know that you can hold the mouse button down as well, but it's still a massive click fest. My hands were 22 years old when Diablo I was released, my hands are now 38 and have a lot of gaming miles on them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:18 AM 

If you have to play a finger-damaging game, play Titan Quest instead if you haven't already. As it stands, it's still a superior game in most respects. It's not until games like Diablo 3 that you really understand the amount of passion that must have been put into developing it.

StarCraft 2 was a dedicated rehash, including the tried and true elements of its name. Diablo 3 didn't bother including what made the original two so great.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

A VERY Special Diablo Review.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2E1992AEAUA8Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00178630A&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 PM 

Hey that was VERY not interesting at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:29 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
randy wrote:
I've been using a mobile authenticator for SC2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I guess having to go to work has saved my life!

Quote:
Lad, 18, dies after 40-hour gaming marathon

A TEENAGER was found dead in an internet cafe after reportedly playing a video game for 40 HOURS straight.

The 18-year-old lad is believed to have collapsed during a marathon session of Diablo 3.

He was found by workers in the internet cafe in Tainan, southern Taiwan.

It is believed he had not eaten for two days.

The gamer has so far only been identified by his surname, Chuang.

On the morning of July 15, an attendant entered the room and found Chuang resting on a table. After the attendant woke him, he stood, took a few steps and then collapsed, reports said.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

Police were investigating the cause of death and an autopsy was being carried out.

It has been speculated that sitting for long hours in a sedentary position created cardiovascular problems for Chuang.

The teen had been playing the latest instalment of the role-playing game.

It is the second death from playing video games in the country this year.

In February, a man in New Taipei was found dead, slumped in a chair facing a computer with his arms still reaching out for the keyboard after playing for 23 hours. The cause of death was reported as cardiac arrest.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Damn there are some people who take gaming way to serious :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

NO kidding, why is it always in Asia though?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 PM 

He was probably farming gold to sell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Vanamar wrote:

haha ouch but funny at the same time. Yeah I'm going to hell for sure now :snakeman:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:14 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Evilundead Afterlife wrote:
Vanamar wrote:

haha ouch but funny at the same time. Yeah I'm going to hell for sure now :snakeman:

That seems to be a common way to make money it seems. Ugh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Now that an expansion has been announced, I went back through this thread and had a chuckle. I'm curious about a few things...

Did they keep the "always online" thing that everyone bitched about?
Did anyone who said they were not getting this game actually NOT get this game (besides me)?
Isn't it funny that even with an expansion on the way, they still have not released multiplayer and have said that it will not be released with the expansion?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:39 AM 

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Now that an expansion has been announced, I went back through this thread and had a chuckle. I'm curious about a few things...

Did they keep the "always online" thing that everyone bitched about?

yep. have to log in to battle.net to play. much like SC2.

Quote:
Did anyone who said they were not getting this game actually NOT get this game (besides me)?

I got it as part of the year long wow subscription promotion. I paid yearly anyway, it made no sense not to sign up.

Quote:
Isn't it funny that even with an expansion on the way, they still have not released multiplayer and have said that it will not be released with the expansion?

Surely you mean pvp? Multiplayer has been in since release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Yea, I meant PVP.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 PM 

pvp in diablo would be a fucking terrible idea.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:43 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Yet it was promised from the beginning. Didn't it exist in Diablo 2?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:49 PM 

PK and ganking existed in diablo 2. It amounted to "I'm a higher level, let me click a bunch of buttons and oh, you're dead now" -- no skill involved at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah PvP is worthless in the Diablo series. Not sure why people want it back in the game so bad again.

Offline Profile