It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Diablo 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:29 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I don't know if I am buying it. I am not saying that I WON'T buy it, just don't know yet.

I played all of D1, D2, and D2 LOD in single player, offline mode.

I beat them with different characters and different difficulties.

I didn't start playing online until I started playing EQ (then I never played Diablo again...)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
I don't "like it" but I accept it. We aren't in 1994 anymore, Toto.

And not all of us are minimum wage monkeys either. Planes + laptops = I want to play it. Or, shitbag foreign internet is another example. Your griping about our griping is the same fucking thing you're whining about, but even less relevant.

To make this thread complete, how about I offer that we step outside and discuss it?

Yay, Nazis. Thread over.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
Focker, Out!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The area where I live has a land area of 57,674.26 km2 (22,268.16 sq mi).
As of the 2006 census, the population of the region was 143,872 inhabitants.

That's 6.4 persons per square miles.

So if you live outside of a town around here you don't have access to
cable/high speed internet because it's too expensive to deploy.

I don't mind online activation but always on connection... That's different.
They could have continued with open/closed characters and people who want a cheat free environement
(pfff yeah right like there's no cheating in D2 with closed characters or starcraft 2...)
could have closed characters and the people who don't have constant on connection could have open characters.
Deny access to cash auction for open characters. Oh wait that makes too much sense...

Like I said... If you think for a minute it's for a cheat free environment that they removed off line mode then you are a dumbass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 PM 

Quote:
Do not get me wrong. I understand the point about wanting to be able to play without having an online connection. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. Let me ask this, and please be honest.

How often do you go out of town and boot up your laptop to play video games (or in Venen's case, how often do you "go camping" and want to play video games while you are out in the wilderness)?
Which games are you booting up to play (are they always the newest game you purchased, or do you catch yourself playing some older stuff at times)?
How long do you expect to play Diablo 3 when it is released (are you thinking this is something you'll be playing for a few years or a few months)?
How rare is it REALLY that you don't have an internet connection, or the ability to GET an internet connection if you absolutely need one?

I probably go on hiking trips an average of once per week at this point, and it's been steadily increasing as I've put more focus into my job. I definitely enjoy that "out of the office" time, but I also enjoy working on things so I bring my laptop for both purposes as well. Even so, it's a pretty important time for me to relax after a long work week, and losing it is a major bummer if I can't play a game that I really enjoy. So it hinges on how much enjoyment I'd get from the game, really. With my gameplay time much more limited than it used to be, that "OMG it's just an hour or two out of the whole week you could play!" isn't quite as miniscule as you suggest, especially when it comes at a time when I enjoy it most.

So to answer your question about rarity, it's becoming increasingly common these days that I find myself without an internet connection.

I admit I boot up old titles from time to time, but I'm pretty back and forth in which games I play so newer titles aren't off the table for the laptop. This also answers the question about playing Diablo 3 months from now, however. I enjoy popping out the old good ones, and if Diablo 3 is anywhere as close to a classic as D1 and 2 were, there's no question that 6 months or many years from now I'll be loading it up from time to time. Or rather, would be assuming it doesn't require this "always on" internet connection nonsense. If I could accumulate the amount of hours I've played old games, it would end up being pretty high up there, and it'd be sad to see games like Diablo 3 chalked off that list.

As I said, this issue is important to me, but it's not a deal-breaker. I will be buying the game, I'll just be disappointed about some aspects. Especially when they aren't necessary and the game would've been much better(in the former case, playable).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
If your use case is really "I take my laptop hiking", then it's not cost-effective for a business to satisfy your needs.

The "anti-cheating measure" is absolutely also DRM, but we're talking here like it's somehow outrageous that it makes stealing the game difficult. Are we really complaining in here because an anti-piracy measure looks like it'll work?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 PM 

My point was that it's one more reason on a list of reasons people dislike the internet connection requirement. Some people are claiming it's a superficial concern, I'm just saying there are legit reasons. It may not appear to be cost-effective not to do it from the standpoint of the number of people effected by it, but as is more often the case, people's discontent with unnecessary measures that have very little to do with the game's enjoyment can be enough reason for them to take action(hacking or otherwise attempting to diminish the game's integrity).

This measure isn't going to eliminate hacking, and at best it will reduce piracy. A one-time activation that doesn't require "always on" serves the same purpose while making it a bit easier to hack, which is going to happen with or without "always on".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:48 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Perhaps Blizzard should hire you since you did all of the research that their people failed to do, to know what works best for their business.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 PM 

They'd have to beg me with some pretty strong incentives at this juncture =p You have a good point, though. Research is point and click; A peon's job. Logic is brain waves.

But no, actually I think there's a reasonable point to be made about the hacking. For every competent gamer that plays with a tight-knit group of friends that has almost zero chance of being remotely effected by a hacker, there are another 50 thin-skinned idiots that play random pickup games with other tardfaces. Those people are the same people that allow their enjoyment of the game to be dictated by others around them(e-peen, high item prices, dumb groups, etc). If there is even a minute increase in hacking, that group's cries will be heard from here to Timbuktu. The question is whether that would be offset by an implementation that pisses off people for more practical reasons. /wink /wink

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Tranthas wrote:
The "anti-cheating measure" is absolutely also DRM, but we're talking here like it's somehow outrageous that it makes stealing the game difficult. Are we really complaining in here because an anti-piracy measure looks like it'll work?

Except...it won't. I doubt it will last a month. Granted, that's definitely reduced piracy to be sure, but still punishes the paying customer. The first rule of DRM that MUST be learned by publishers: It should be a BETTER experience to have bought the product, than to have stolen it. If I have to download a crack to enjoy From Dust (or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, etc), then they're doing it wrong.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Bov, are you going to sit here and say you wouldn't play online? Venen? Jox? I call bullshit. While you may not play online all the time, I'd bet pretty much everything I had that your primary reason for getting the game wouldn't be for an engrossing story, or a thrilling single-player experience. You'd get the game to play online.

Honestly? I didn't play Diablo 2 online. (Well, other than to see how it was) It just wasn't that interesting to me. I played through the single player on a few different classes and that was fun, but running through Baal 500 times to hit level 99 so I could run through Baal even faster seemed boring.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:24 PM 

I don't really play any game online unless it's dedicated to it - mmo's, league of legends, etc.

There are plenty of games with no online component whatsoever that are extremely popular, so I don't feel like I'm some sort of edge case scenario, either.

If D3 requires an internet connection because it's an online-only game, that's fine. But if you can play the fucking thing without *needing* an internet connection, it shouldn't require one. How is that not common sense?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:45 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Quote:
Except...it won't. I doubt it will last a month. Granted, that's definitely reduced piracy to be sure, but still punishes the paying customer. The first rule of DRM that MUST be learned by publishers: It should be a BETTER experience to have bought the product, than to have stolen it. If I have to download a crack to enjoy From Dust (or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, etc), then they're doing it wrong.
There's a dark thought. It's just barely possible that they're dumb enough to think that their Auction House offerings cover the gap. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I didn't play Diablo II online either. I almost never play online, unless I can create a private session with just my friends, because multiplayer gaming on the Internet is a spread vector for mind-herpes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:42 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

People say cheating has been a problem for Diablo (2?) in the past. How was it a problem?

Were safeguards in place to prevent players from cheating in multiplayer/online mode? And were offline/online play distinct (characters couldn't "cross over")?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
There were two types of online play. "Open" Battle.net, where you could play with your offline characters and "closed" battle.net, where your characters were kept on blizzard's servers.

Typically open games were hack fests, with lots of characters who'd been boosted by character editors -- no one took open battle.net seriously.

Closed battle.net had a lot of item duping bugs (which they're still patching for!) but was mostly hack free otherwise due to the fact you couldn't directly edit your characters.

Botting, on the other hand, was a huge problem. I participated myself, to be honest -- MephBot got me LOTS of wonderful uniques.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:35 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Having a zealsmiter for torch runs maphack was invaluable. The rarity of some of the crap you needed to make the build work to solo uber trist almost required a bot or insane rune wealth.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:03 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Here is a link to some links to live streams of the beta:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/diablo-3-beta-live-streams

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:34 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Delayed till early 2012 like anybody is surprised. I'm not even the slightest bit disappointed. Still lots of cool stuff to look forward to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 PM 

Yea I'm in no rush to play it. I'd rather see the completed package. Lot of stuff on my "to play" list with what little time I have to game with these days anyway. My expectations aren't extremely high, either. I think I'd be satisfied with something a bit better than Titan Quest, which shouldn't be too hard to beat in 2011.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
I played D2 briefly and never picked it up again. I just couldn't get into it. Then again when I started playing EQ I pretty much stopped playing everything that wasn't a MMO. Even though the game looks cool, I doubt ill buy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 PM 
I am a Spaceman

EQ1: Muligan
EQ2: Muligan
SWOR: Muligan
Lich Ekilam wrote:
I played D2 briefly and never picked it up again. I just couldn't get into it. Then again when I started playing EQ I pretty much stopped playing everything that wasn't a MMO. Even though the game looks cool, I doubt ill buy.

This is my concern for Diablo. Not in the sense that it won't sell well but in regards to my potential enjoyment. The best times I had in the Diablo franchise was when I didn't have a MMO in my life. Fast forward to now, MMO's are a part of gaming lifestyle. So how will this game fair with that crowd (which is a pretty huge playerbase). I think most will buy it but how many will play it for any length of time?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Blizzard's always late. Before Internet update patches, the rule was "It's late until it's out, but it's bad forever." It's still essentially true, in that if your patch isn't a day-zero update, you've lost half your users by the time you get it released. So, it'll be done when it's done -- this has always been their way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 PM 

Their policy is the extreme opposite of Bioware's with SWTOR, but it's still an extreme. Blizzard seems incapable of calling something done.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

That's probably a healthy instinct in a world where MMO's are the most profitable games in existence.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 PM 

Profitable mmo's might be. But how many of those are there?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Its been my impression that most of them are profitable. Pretty much any mmo that is still operating in a year I would bet is making money.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:41 PM 

joxur wrote:
Profitable mmo's might be. But how many of those are there?

MMOs are stupidly easy to make money on. Generally speaking, ten thousand subscribers is the break even point for subscription based MMOs, the sky is the limit with F2P/Microtransactions. LOTRO is (comparitively) making money hand over fist since they went the microtransaction route.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Even everquest has been doing the Micro-transactions in game for a while now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Release Date: May 15

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Test-3_16_2012

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Already purchased, yep im a fanboy!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Neesha the Necro wrote:

Wow it's going to be released sooner than I thought haha I was thinking June or July

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:33 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I hope its better than the beta... Oh and lol PVP arena patched in at a later date? lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 AM 

I'll tell you one thing it's going to be better than. This new layout that's what.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:10 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Remember Oni? Very pretty for its time, ran smoothly on a reasonable machine, good play control -- and three hours long.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:58 PM 
I am a Spaceman

EQ1: Muligan
EQ2: Muligan
SWOR: Muligan
Pre Ordered as well. I think I may need a mindless MMO break. Even with TOR 1.2 coming out, I think I need a little something different. I loved D1 and played D2 very little due to EQ/MMO's. I look for it to be fun and would love a shot at beta just to help my learning curve but that's part of the fun I guess.

I'm looking forward to the initial patches... i.e. PvP, Arena, etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I'll buy it, but not right away. Every available cent goes to the wedding pirates until that's over.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:03 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Tranthas wrote:
I'll buy it, but not right away. Every available cent goes to the wedding pirates until that's over.

Wedding pirates suck!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Less than one week before the heavens shall fall! :rock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:46 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Diablo 3 Gameplay.
4 years ago...

3 months ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Other interesting D3 Stuff.

Quote:
What's New in Diablo III(More on link)

IN RETROSPECT
We're proud of the original Diablo's dark, moody atmosphere and engaging item-grabbing gameplay. Diablo II added more environmental and monster variety, more diverse classes, and a number of unique elements that have since become synonymous with the franchise (like gems, runes, set items, etc.).
Both games established the series' hallmarks: randomized levels, the relentless onslaught of monsters and events in a perpetually fresh world, unique quests, tons of items, and an epic story about the High Heavens, the Burning Hells, and the hapless and heroic human beings caught between them.
Diablo III is the inheritor of this legacy, and we've added even more elements to the game to keep building on our vision for the world of Sanctuary.

Quote:
Classes with Vids

There are five classes in Diablo III; four (the wizard, witch doctor, demon hunter and monk) are brand-new, and the returning barbarian has many, many new destructive tricks for tearing through foes. Each class has a unique resource system and appropriately different playstyle – no longer do all heroes share the single resource of mana.

Quote:
Multi-player:
While Diablo III is fully playable solo, without any "raid" type content that requires multiple players to defeat, the D3 Team had co-operative multiplayer as their highest priority all during development. As frequently stated in interviews, "Do no harm to co-op." was one of their main considerations during all development decisions, and whenever they speak of the most fun way to play Diablo III, they stress that a friendly party of up to four players (which is the maximum game size in Diablo III) is the best way to experience the game.
Diablo III features several improvements over Diablo II's multiplayer experience: there are now individual loot drops, there is no nonconsensual PvP (PKing), and other game features such as the party system and the quests system have also been upgraded. On the other hand, some of D2's major bonuses to group play, such as greatly increased drop rates and experience gain are not present in Diablo III, and there are many fewer skills with shared benefits for the whole party.
As a result, fans have often pointed out[1] that while D3 removed numerous problems with D2's MP play, it's actually removed a lot of the bonuses as well, and that the D3 developers seem to simply assume fans will play together, even in the absence of actual benefits for doing so. That the vast majority of games during the Diablo 3 beta are single player seems to support this concern.
The other major aspect of MP play in Diablo III is PvP dueling, which now takes place exclusively in the Battle Arena.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:17 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

That is cool Evil. Thank you for sharing, I have not seen that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Np Worthy and I thought it was cool too. A good background story for the new game indeed

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:02 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Found an alternate solution for the wedding pirates, which allowed me to throw down the $60+tax today. It's downloading now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:04 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Hey, did the client downloader hard-lock anyone else's machine before you disabled peer-to-peer networking? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:50 AM 

Nope. Just you. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Downloader worked fine for me last week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:13 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Ive still gotta find out what its even about. Last diablo I played was the original

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
You click on a bunch of things and get things and then occasionally there will be a bigger thing for you to click on. I reckon it'll be nice to play some Diablo in this decade, but I'll pick this up in a few months and fall into a week-long Diablo hole and then leave it alone for a year or so.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
So how is it? I heard it still uses the Hold down mouse to move, and shift+mouse to attack. That playstyle in diablo 1 was murder on my mouse hand. Still the same eh?

I've really not heard much since release last night other than "if you like DII you'll like D3.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

You can click once to move where you point and attack using the keyboard if that tickle your fancy ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 AM 

"if you liked D2 you'll like D3" is a very good review, and it's exactly my opinion of the game.

Luckily, I fucking loved D2, at least until 1.10 fucked everything up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Ill be playing tonight and ill see if i Like it. I had work and school last night so no time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I like it so far, but I haven't seen anything D2 couldn't have done if its graphic designers had been fully awake. The DC issues with North American load are incredibly annoying, since preventing that kind of crap is basically what I do. They know better by now -- if nothing else had taught them, the Burning Crusade launch sure as hell did. They have zero remaining excuses.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 AM 

ally anything special about D3. Honestly it plays almost exactly like D2 did right down to the act layouts. It's more or less a nostalgia orgasm for fans of the series. What changes they did make to the formula work tho and really make these type of loot and scoot games a lot better. The skill and rune system is pretty cool. Blacksmith and artisan are the new Gheed. Items for the most part are pretty bland and ordinary tho. Can't wait to see some actual legendaries.

It's not terrible by any means, but I don't really see why we had to wait 12 years for this.

I do have some specific gripes.

1..Server stability. I know it's launch and they shattered pre sale records and all, but damn. This is just insane. At times a single player experience being unplayable due to rubberbanding is silly.

2...Loot is boring. Most modifiers are completely useless outside of Vitality + Class stat like str, int. I want to see gear out of late hell and inferno tho before passing final judgement.

3...Abilities are out of whack. Some skill and rune combos come across as "must haves" They touted there would be so much choice, and honestly we knew this wouldn't be the case. It's impossible to avoid a situation where specific talents are obvious choices. I also wish there was a way to store multiple skill and rune loadouts to be able to switch instantly on the fly.

4...I don't like the always online thing. 4 players per game also seems kind of low. Can't do anything about it so whatever.

5...I do like the blacksmith random and all, but I'm seriously not seeing a payoff. Need more blueprints to drop. Also no way to access the auction house in game that I know of.

6...Nightmare suffix mobs can go eat a dick. Nightmare suffix dragonflies from act II can suck my dick.

Last edited by Givin Wetwillies on Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:43 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

I agree with given, I loved Diablo and Diablo II so this is right down my ally, I actually do enjoy the craft system less merchant fodder and more tinkering on trying to get crafted weapons.

Anyone cares my Battle.net handle is CakvalaSC#1897

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:47 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I'm planning on doing a co-op run with some friends, but we won't be starting that until next week. For now I'm just creating one of each character and running through the starting areas.

I really like the way they've implemented the skills and runes. I never respecced much when I played WoW, this will give me more incentive to play around with different builds.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
I never really played much diablo 2.. I think with Renia and a couple other oryx types for an hour or two or something... by that time the graphics seemed outdated and i just didn't care for it.

I played the Titan quest games, fucking loved them.

Fucking love this game, other than i think the way they're doing it on a server is annoying as shit.

but still loving it :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:33 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I WON!!

On Ala, they announced a D3 Give-away by Venture Beat.
Diablo III Collector’s Edition Giveaway!

I have been on a budget, and was not able to buy the game yet, so, I figured, what the hell, and entered the contest.

I entered the past few days, and had basicly given up, but, This morning, I got an E-Mail:
Quote:
Congratulations! You won a Collector's Edition copy of Diablo III. Please send your shipping information to #######@#####.com
Direct message sent by GamesBeat (@GamesBeat) to you (@ArtTheHypnotist) on May 18, 8:29 PM.

I am almost tempted to just lock it away and save it, but, I really want to check it out.
roflhaha

Something going right for me for a change. I will probably go out and buy the players guide while I wait for it to be shipped to me.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next