It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts on Savage 2?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:00 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Maybe it's just because I missed out on the whole Battlefield experience, but I really enjoy the feeling of being "inside" an RTS. It rather feels like the WC3 DOTA fantasy setting experience. I missed out on Savage 1 as well, and have been told some aspects of it were a little better... but still, I have really been enjoying this game for a while. I like the rock/paper/scissors battle system.

It's still worth a try though IMO, especially with the easy-to-install 5-hour free trial(mostly the complete game, can't be a commander and build stuff). Think of it as an FPS/RTS/RPG mix.

Note: This is not an MMORPG. They're implementing permanent items soon I'm told, but only 5 slots and they won't make a massive difference. It's all about individual team matches.

2 Decent-sized drawbacks though: Not enough players playing(can't make your own server either, other than a LAN), and if the team's commander is bad you are seriously screwed.

Personally, I still found myself ending up lost in it for the first few hours not knowing where the time went.

http://savage2.s2games.com/main.php

Offline Profile