It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:44 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo II ?
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:18 PM 

I know its hard to beleive but I never really played it until recently (picked it up for road trips with the potential of playing with the GF when I am on the road).<
>
<
>
Had 2 or 3 fast questions for anyone that was an expert once upon a time...<
>
<
>
A) Is there a way to transfer items to another character? (I started using a ladder char then switched to open/single char since my wireless gets to be to flakey. I wanted to try another class and "twink" him abit for shits and giggles....anyway to do this without having more then one account?<
>
<
>
B) Is the secret cow level or whatever harder then Nightmare/Hell? I have the expansion and am just finishing the normal level.<
>
<
>
C) Is there anyway to imbue class specific skills on items ie, fire ball and meteor 3 on a staff or do you just need to be patient and find one from the merchant?<
>
<
>
D) How do you make rejuv potions....I thought I read 3 of any healing type and 3 of any mana type combined to be one rejuv....but it doesn't work in my cube. Not that I need them now but my pussy sorc will probably start getting killed in 2 hits on the next difficulty level I am sure.<
>
<
>
Thanks and I must admit Blizz made one hell of a game that long ago...to bad they didn't customize the henchmen aspect of it abit more but other then that this is some of the most fun hack and slash I have ever played. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Diablo II ?
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:28 PM 

re: rejuvs<
>
<
>
3 of *the same* type of healing potion and *the same* type of mana pot = 1 minor rejuv potion, 3 minor rejuv = 1 major rejuv (100% h/m)<
>
<
>
re: twinking, it's not easy unless you're playing on b.net with friends to hold shit for you. If you're playing open battle.net you can just use character editors tho ;p<
>
<
>
really, you want to look for your 'class set' items... i.e. for sorcs you want tal'rasha's gear. You'll also want SoJ's. ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
dieinachurchfire.org (coming soon!)<
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:02 PM 

I went single/open so I could play single or play with the GF over the internet..no haxor'n for me!!!<
>
<
>
I tried 3 "healing potions" and 3 mana potions all in the cube with nothing else and nothing happens....all the exact same names too....playing 1.11 version and couldn't find any known bugs related to this...any idea? Blaze is gona get her mangina ass handed to her if I can't insta heal heh. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:03 PM 

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/<
>
<
>
Comprehensive item list on there, just depends on what build you're going for as to whether or not you want to bother with certain class sets.<
>
<
>
Oh yeah, here's some builds and crap.<
>
<
>
http://www.diabloii.net/ Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i>Edited by: DarkOmen42 at: 5/30/06 8:04 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:20 AM 

not sure if this works, as I've never tried it. But supposedly if you make a game on B.net and stay on for 10mins or so, you can log off and get on another character and the game will still be running.<
>
<
>
Granted theres quite a risk, but you could transfer items like that. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:22 AM 

Start a game with one char, stay in game for (I think...2? minutes) and drop like 1 gold on the ground, exit and log other char quickly join game and make sure the item is still there, if it is you can safely go back and forth transfering items...just dont take too long or it will close your game.<
>
<
>
if you play on battle.net, keep in mind never trade with other players, most of it is BS duped items or someone will be trying to cheat you out of something.<
>
<
>
normal cow lev is roughly = act 4 normal. Cows about lev 30, but the great thing is theres 1,000,000's of em...as long as you dont kill the cow king, you can keep opening portals in new games. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:04 PM 

Once you get to 25 you can do public Baal rush games.<
>
<
>
To get to 25 do Trist runs until like 10, then do Tomb runs, until around 18-20, then do cow runs until 25, then you can start your Baal runs.<
>
<
>
So long as you have someone to rush you through the story quests you can be level 50 in maybe 3-5 hours and 70 in say 6-7 hours. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 PM 

Rushing doesn't work as well post 1.10 ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:18 AM 

It is still easy to do. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 AM 

It's still not nearly as fun as it was in 1.09 though :P ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:38 AM 

After having had 4 70+ characters in the matter of a couple weeks, ya it works just fine =p Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:15 AM 

But what's the point in playing the game if you speed through it in 2 hours? <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:49 AM 

Exactly. I never speed through it, ruins the game and the questing ;P <
>
<
>
Chey Ironfounder, Member of the VGRPU<
>
<
>
http://www.rpunion.com/forums/portal.php<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:15 PM 

might ruin the game and the questing...but after you've done the exact same quests 5+ times...it gets really really old. Especially act 1, I'm so sick of looking at that place. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:10 PM 

Because after you've slow played the game 10 - 15 times it gets boring as fuck, and then the only real purpose in playing is to level up and go for uniques, hang out with friends, or pvp. Personally, I had several 70+ characters to help friends and collect items with, doing Uber Trist was fun too. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:08 PM 

Hey if my gf and me wanted to play on open or whatnot together do I need to get another account to create her char I am guessing? Much rather not do that so if anyone bud still has their info feel free to PM me it /nudge fin !!!<
>
<
>
Won't mess with your stuff, just want to have her give it a try. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:37 PM 

You would need a second CD key to play online together. SO either find a CDkey hacker or drop the 20$ for another set of discs.<
>
<
>
=/ <
>
<
>
Chey Ironfounder, Member of the VGRPU<
>
<
>
http://www.rpunion.com/forums/portal.php<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:04 PM 

20? Damn I got ripped off at Gamestop....think I had to pay 40 for the 2. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:14 PM 

heh, sucker. the d2 battle chest is like $20 at target. ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:18 PM 

When did you buy it? Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:45 PM 

Buy the keys off ebay for 4 dollars losers LOL <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:15 PM 

I have 3 sets of CD keys I don't use if you want a set. Just leave me a message in my inbox. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:23 PM 

Can you play the game in a window? <
>
<
>
Also damn I wish you could up the resolution. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:07 PM 

I coulda sworn there is a windowed version with the expansion, I can't entirely remember though. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:22 PM 

-w in the shortcut target line <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:25 PM 

Hot thanks. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 PM 

Come find me if you end up playing on East Realm, I can rush you or some shit, I've still got a 84 paladin that can solo almost anything. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:22 AM 

When using Runewords....do the formula's for the orginal runewords still apply to 1.11 (formula was gotten from a 1.09V page)? I used a Tir and Ral rune in my staff but did not get the "Leaf" item that it was supposed to make. It may have been magical though...can't recall forsure. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:10 AM 

How To Make a RuneWord:<
>
<
>
1) Items used for RuneWords must be gray text items, normal, exceptional, or Elite. Low Quality, Superior, and Ethereal can be used, but you can not use magical, Rare, Set, Crafted, or Unique items, even if they have the correct number of sockets.<
>
2) The item must be of the correct type.<
>
3) The item must have exactly the correct number of sockets (no more).<
>
4) You must socket the Runes in the correct order. ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:55 AM 

While we're on the subject, I've got a few questions I've always wanted to know about and never bothered asking before.<
>
<
>
How do yall go about collecting runes? I have always had a really hard time finding ANY amount of runes... let alone anything above req level 35 or so. Where do you go? Who (if anything) do you kill? Along with this, I've always had a sneaking suspicion that +% magic find makes it harder to find runes but I've never been sure... is that true?<
>
<
>
My current technique involves millions and millions and millions of Countess runs. And that still doesn't get me alot of runes. Help!<
>
<
>
How the hell do people get ahold of all that great stuff from level 75+? My one concession to hacking-- a pair of hacked charms that give 8% magic find items per level each-- has had a noticeable effect but I still have problems getting upgrades for myself. And I have NEVER EVER in all my playing gotten a single elite class set piece for my pally. Mostly I just kill Andariel and, when I get to him, I suppose Mephisto and Baal. Is that just the only way to do this stuff? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:02 AM 

Does anyone have a good no CD check for D2 and the expansion? I am not sure which one works the best. Thnx in advance -Ranvarian <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:21 AM 

Thanks Van....so the runewords that worked in version 1.09 still work in 1.11 right?<
>
<
>
And lastly as stupid as it sounds....how do you determine if its exceptional/elite? <
>
<
>
Magic= blue<
>
Rare= Gold<
>
Unique= Yellow<
>
grey= socketed<
>
green=set<
>
<
>
Does exceptional and elite just refer to the prefix like "superior" ?<
>
<
>
The more I play the more I like but I am thinking I should have made a ladder char.... <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:16 AM 

Exceptional and Elite items refer to a higher leveled item than its lower level version. IE Light Plate is a low level item, it's exceptional version is Mage Plate and it's elite version is Archon Plate. Superior just refers to an item having either more durability, more armor or both.<
>
<
>
Good Info on Runewords<
>
<
>
A no CD check for online play is impossible Ran. For single player you can just find a cd key gen. <i>Edited by: Renia the Exiled at: 6/3/06 12:18 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:27 PM 

Its cool I have the CD I just didnt wanna keep it in the drive no worries tho! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:46 PM 

Quote:How the hell do people get ahold of all that great stuff from level 75+? My one concession to hacking-- a pair of hacked charms that give 8% magic find items per level each-- has had a noticeable effect but I still have problems getting upgrades for myself. And I have NEVER EVER in all my playing gotten a single elite class set piece for my pally. Mostly I just kill Andariel and, when I get to him, I suppose Mephisto and Baal. Is that just the only way to do this stuff?<
>
<
>
Hell Mephy and Baal runs, a lot of people kill Pindleskin in act 5 as well. Helps if you have maphack, can just run right to the stairs going downstairs in durance of hate <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:03 PM 

Map hack ftw, saves so much time rather than dicking around for 10 minutes trying to find a set of stairs. Especially considering how freaking huge the Hell difficulty Durance 2 is. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:04 PM 

A duped item wont last long. It will usually disapear after you leave and join a new game. To keep a dupe you have to go through some crazy transfering every new game to keep it. Most people get the good charms from using the cube recipe on a certain level of charms.<
>
<
>
A ton of MF runs will eventually yield something that most people use to trade for other stuff. Or use bots such as pindle bot to farm him over and over while you are afk. 1.09 was great for this, 3 pindle bots running while I was sleeping, working or even raiding in EQ. 1.10 sucks.<
>
<
>
Oh and Ran I misread your post. There are no CD hacks but you will have to dig for one that isnt wardens detectable. I havent played in a long while so I don't remember where I got mine. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:49 AM 

Whats the map hack and where can I get it? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:56 AM 

I got all my good shit running mephbot while I was at work. It would automatically stash shit for you. Came home to a full set of Tal'Rashas armor once.<
>
<
>
oke mephbot by 1) making meph harder to kill solo, and 2) making durance of hate *fucking huge* ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:21 AM 

Ran, message me later, I think I've got an old copy laying around.<
>
<
>
By old I mean from a few months ago when I was playing, it still works and wasn't even detected. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i>Edited by: DarkOmen42 at: 6/4/06 2:28 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:29 AM 

I used to have a copy of maphack somewhere, I shoulda kept it since that greedy SoB wants like $40 for it now <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:00 PM 

Quote:Its cool I have the CD I just didnt wanna keep it in the drive no worries tho!<
>
Dunno how much you care, but a image and alcohol120 or daemon tools works for me, load to virtual drive, play... <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:53 PM 

extreme-gamerz.org<
>
<
>
click on Diablo 2 LoD on the left side, this site pretty much tells you everything for the up to date diablo 2. Such as the new 1.11b patch which makes all the old map hacks and mf bots not work. Which sucks. But here u can go to utitilites, and it has a d2 loader, which allows u to play the game without the disk in the rom. All u do is install it and then add 2 files from your cd to your diablo2 folder. and from there u can play without the cd.<
>
<
>
If you play on Western closed battle.net Send me a message to mailto:awskater@hotmail.com and tell me your account name. I have an account full of 80+ chars. And be more then willing to rush u etc if u ever want it. <
>
<
>
<
>
Kelinye Retired Lich-Lord of Lanys T'Vyl<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>