Fourth race, fifth race?<
>
Units gaining experience?<
>
More than two resources to gather?<
>
<
>
Personally, I enjoyed hero classes in WarIII and wouldn't be upset if they included them in SC. I'm extremely curious to see what more (if anything) they can do to the multiplayer side of things. <
>
<
>
Perhaps a game type that spans more than 10-120 minutes (persistent?), with multiple 'maps' playing on a single 'world' towards some sort of goal.<
>
<
>
At the end of the day, they have unfathomably large shoes to fill. Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:50 PM 

Make it like Myth: The Fallen Lords.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
No resource gathering, no building, just unit tactics and strategy. Crack down on hackers. Keep the current BNet ranking system and competition will flourish.<
>
<
>
Hero classes can stay, have it function like a unit captain with abilities and the normal "hero" routine.<
>
<
>
I hope they don't add races, but I'm sure they will.<
>
<
>
Have Blizzard's reputation and marketing to back this kind of game up and it will take be a second coming of jesus. <
>
<
>
<
>
Knights of Arcadia - Dark Iron<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:05 PM 

A Planetside style multiplayer FPS. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:18 PM 

Just say no to heroes.<
>
<
>
I want an updated version of the original. Change the units, change the races, add some new ones, whatever. More players on a map, less focus on defensive structures, and no heroes. I hate heroes in WC3. All they are used for is harassing early.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Chey Ironfounder, Member of the VGRPU<
>
<
>
http://www.rpunion.com/forums/portal.php<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:36 PM 

ya dear lord no heroes. nearly all games i played were either won easy or lost easy depending on the combination of heroes you and your teammate had. <
>
<
>
as long as they stick to the sc formula but just add a variety of unique races like they did at first, then it'd be fun. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 AM 

2d graphics with 3d effects would be what I want. Of course we all know it won't be that way.<
>
<
>
So errrr... A random map generator... Oh oh and co-op campaign with a friend. I would not say no to 2 new races (1 would not be enough) maybe introduced in a way that they were at war and we stumbled into their part of the galaxy and got dragged into it.<
>
<
>
Say no to heroes, in Single player they are ok but in multi they are lame. --If it ain't
oke, flash its firmware!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:34 PM 

Are there any rts's with co-op campaigns out already? That sounds really cool. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:17 PM 

Quote:Are there any rts's with co-op campaigns out already? That sounds really cool. <
>
<
>
I know Total Annihilation let you do Co-Op play. Not campaigns, but single map missions. But that was a long time ago. Don't know about anymore.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:00 PM 

Why do people like starcraft? Shadow Jeris Elvenblade<
>
70th Season Nemesis<
>
Magelo Profile<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 PM 

Spawn more overlords! Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:20 PM 

Quote:Why do people like starcraft?<
>
<
>
Why did you post that? Did you think it was hip and cool to not like something that the majority does? Good for you, thanks for your
illiant insight!<
>
<
>
As for what I want to see in Starcraft 2:<
>
<
>
Better/more diverse tilesets for map editor. I love making maps so I hope the whole map editor is expanded upon in general. <
>down is the new up<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:31 PM 

Quote:Why do people like starcraft?<
>
<
>
Because after 5 plus years, it still doesn't suck and destroys everything else out there. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:25 PM 

Quote:Because after 5 plus years, it still doesn't suck and destroys everything else out there.<
>
Id have to say tahts absolute truth in terms of RTS. Nothing compares to Starcraft/Brood Wars... WC3 didnt even come close. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:36 PM 

I loved Starcraft, with one exception- the way they handled resource gathering.<
>
<
>
I remember playing numerous lan games of SC, lasting several hours. Good games against smart opponents. We'd have several games where the resources would run out and it would come down to who had a remaining unit (most of our units would be wiped out from big battles) that would be able to destroy the other bases.<
>
<
>
Anyway, that's easy enough to fix. Just have resources that don't run out. Other than that, it was definitely one of the best RTS games of all time. And it's still on the shelves of every game store I've seen. Not bad. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:52 PM 

Quote:Why did you post that? Probably because I actually wanted to know. Thanks for being the only one who didn't have a real answer.<
>
<
>
I could never get into it, so just wondered what the appeal was. Shadow Jeris Elvenblade<
>
70th Season Nemesis<
>
Magelo Profile<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:16 PM 

If you want to know what the appeal is type "Starcraft" in to google and read about it there. <
>
<
>
<
>
Knights of Arcadia - Dark Iron<i></i>