It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:34 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Wynn On Obama: "I'll Be Damned If I Want To Have Him Lecture Me"

Quote:
On the Tuesday broadcast of the nightly Nevada political program "Ralston Reports," Steve Wynn, CEO of Wynn Resorts sat down with host Jon Ralston to discuss the presidential election.

Wynn, an outspoken critic of President Obama, didn't hold back in his latest criticism of the incumbent president seeking a second term.

"I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator. Guys like me are job creators and we don't like having a bulls-eye painted on our back," Wynn said about Obama to Ralston. An excerpt of the interview is below.

Quote:
WYNN: I've created about 250,000 direct and indirect jobs according to the state of Nevada's measurement. If the number is 250,000, that's exactly 250,000 more than this president, who I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator. Guys like me are job creators and we don't like having a bulls-eye painted on our back.

The president is trying to put himself between me and my employees. By class warfare, by deprecating and calling a group that makes money 'billionaires and millionaires who don't pay their share.' I gave 120% of my salary and bonus away last year to charities, as I do most years. I can't stand the idea of being demagogued, that is put down by a president who has never created any jobs and who doesn't even understand how the economy works.

Wynn on a scrapped business plan: "I'm afraid of the president. I have no idea what goofy idea, what crazy, anti-business program this administration will come up. I have no idea. And I have to tell you Jon that every business guy I know in the country is frightened of Barack Obama and the way he thinks."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:19 AM 

Steve Wynn ...small business owner!? So what is your point of this post? Billionaire doesn't want to be taxed more so that his $316M of net income becomes $300m. Oh the poor guy I feel his pain.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Yeah, I have no sympathy for him.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
There's no reason to sympathize with him, just as there's no reason to feel contempt toward him. I understand the point of a lot of these articles but find them pretty meh. There's plenty of little people out there who can say the same thing, and in a more interesting light. I don't much care about folks who are 'asset' wealthy like Wynn, folks who are 'income' wealthy are the ones that get the shaft.

Other than that I can say that sequestration will be a nasty beast if it hits. It's really uncomfortable working with contractors you know have a good chance at getting axed in ~3-4mo.

Offline Profile