All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donald Trump President?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=7407

Quote:
Donald Trump President?

How does Donald Trump for President sound in 2012? Well, Donald Trump did well in the New Hampshire Presidential Poll. Already busy with his reality TV series ‘The Apprentice’ and the Miss Universe pageant, Donald Trump first suggested running on the Republican ticket in 1988. Perhaps Bret Michaels, who won the last ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ will write a campaign song for Trump?

Appearing by telephone on Tuesday’s morning shows, Trump said “I can tell you this – for the first time in my life, I am absolutely thinking about it.” But, ‘The Donald’ also adds “I don’t know that I’ll do it. It’s probable that I won’t do it. But I can tell you, I’m thinking about it.”

Trump has always been lurking around the corner for a presidential run. In 1988 he considered running as a Republican, since he was no fan of George Bush ‘41′. The Donald has also thought about running before under the banner of the Reform Party, started by H. Ross Perot.

Trump was a critic of both Bush 41and 43. While initially kind to Obama, Trump has become very public in rejecting the Obama agenda. Donald has recently said this week that he has great respect for the Tea Party movement. Trump addresses the economic woes of America, with it’s trillion dollar Obama-sized deficits and lame negotiators of the State Department.

One point that Trump has been hammering of late is how badly our trade agreements are across the globe. He repeatedly complains how China is beating the tar out of us. When posed with the potential of a trade war should we take action, Trump replies that we’re already in one and “we’re losing”.

Will Donald Trump run for President in 2012? Well, Donald Trump did well in the New Hampshire Presidential Poll. Already busy with his reality TV series ‘The Apprentice’ and the Miss Universe pageant, Donald Trump first suggested running on the Republican ticket in 1988. Perhaps Bret Michaels, who won the last ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ will write a campaign song for Trump?

Pro's: He has enough money that he probably cannot be bought.
He understands how to help business from running his own.(Better than Obama at least.)

Cons: I have heard he does not care for the little guy.
A friend of mine who met him in person at a dinner said that he was a real a$$hole.

Who would make a good president to help us really recover this country, who would not have a Dem or Rep agenda controling the actions?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
He can be bought, it's not always about money with political positions.

Have you ever noticed senators will spend millions to gain a job which pays a few hundred thousand a year?

I'm pulling for Romney, there i said it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:37 PM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Wait, this isn't the "If True, this is gonna suck." thread?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:15 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
He understands how to help business from running his own.(Better than Obama at least.)

Didn't Trump go bankrupt? In fact (and I may be wrong here) but didn't he do it twice?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I don't think he's ever personally gone bankrupt, and even in the case of a business going bankrupt, that's not always as dire as it seems (bankrupt has an entirely undeserved "always bad" connotation")

besides -- the country is already technically bankrupt, how much worse can it get? :P

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Fribur wrote:
Quote:

Didn't Trump go bankrupt? In fact (and I may be wrong here) but didn't he do it twice?

He has had corporations under him (he uses more than 1 to limit his liability and risk) go bankrupt and he has personally used bankruptcy as a threat to force vendors that would otherwise go out of business accept less than he agreed apon contracts. He has a reputation of lowering contractual prices with these kind of shenanagins once contractors or vendors are owed so much they can't take the hit of waiting for a legal solution to non-payment. He is generally a slimey developer with a bad hair cut and massive ego. How anyone could seriously consider him for any political position is beyond me. If he ever did run against a real canidate I expect all of this would come out in a hurry though. Funny TV tag lines only take you so far.

Offline Profile