It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Health Care Flow Chart
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:38 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
My brain almost exploded trying to read this.

BAFFLING FLOW CHART

Quote:
Public Gets Peek at Complicated Bureaucracy in Democratic Health Care Plan

Washington, D.C. - Congressman Kevin Brady (R-TX), the lead House Republican on the Joint Economic Committee, today unveiled a detailed flow chart of the complex health care reform proposal by Democratic congressional leaders.

The chart identifies at least 31 new federal programs, agencies, commissions and mandates that accompany the unprecedented government takeover of health care in America.

“Why should any patient be forced to give control of their health care over to this Faustian pit of Washington bureaucracy?” asked Brady.

“This government takeover has only one guaranteed result: to tell Americans what doctors you can see, what treatments you deserve and what medicines you can have.”

The attached chart depicts how the health care system would be organized at the national level if the Democrats’ plan became law. These new levels of bureaucracy, agencies, organization and programs will all be put directly between the patient and their health care.

Attachment:
health_plan_org_chart_jec.jpg

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:31 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Yes, that's right, citizens. You must call each of these agencies before you make an appointment to see a doctor. And every time that doctor writes a prescription or sends you for a test, his or her office will have to request permission from each, by couriering a form in triplicate: one copy for the agency, one for the physician, and one for the patient's records. Citizens will then be required to document all care as part of their yearly income tax filings.

Who says sarcasm is dead?

Seriously, that flowchart is bullshit created by a propaganda office and designed to scare people. I doubt that Rep. Brady could even explain it himself.

Don't feel bad about your head exploding. That's the intent.

Public gets peek? Whatever. Nothing about that is designed to inform.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:58 AM 

Quote:
Seriously, that flowchart is bullshit created by a propaganda office and designed to scare people.

and apparently they were successful as it found their intended audience.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Kitiari wrote:
Quote:
Seriously, that flowchart is bullshit created by a propaganda office and designed to scare people.

and apparently they were successful as it found their intended audience.

Ok, I'll probably gth for this but that made me giggle.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:58 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

That chart actually looks surprisingly simplistic. The only reason it looks complicated is because of how it's laid out - different and unnecessary box sizes/shapes, different colors where there's no distinction between different government/healthcare/consumer entities to justify it, and arrows in diff size/shapes/colors going in directions they don't need to go to get to their destination. It's amazing how utterly stupid and simple it looks despite the obvious intent to make it look complex. Funny how that works against them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
We don't have to interact with all the layers, we just have to pay them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:33 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

So stupid.

The Republicans should be ashamed with all the scare tactics and false information they've been using to oppose health care reform.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:50 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I especially love the little touches. Like how they made sure that the "Consumers" were on the opposite side of the chart from "Health Care Providers".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:35 PM 

What i love are the lies that were told to pass the bill, like how it pays for itself... and then reading key Democrats talk about how the individual mandate won't last. Pay attention to stuff that matters, douchebag, not flowcharts :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:09 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

You....you mean politicians lie?

Yeah, that's hot new info, Jox. C'mon. You act like it's something new every time it comes up.

And believe it or not, yes things like this matter. Our government routinely deceives the populace for their own purposes, and that always matters. It gets old, really.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 AM 
I schooled the old school.

Where's the huge complex flowchart from the Republicans when the morass that is our intelligence operations was reported on a few weeks ago?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:39 PM 

Quote:
The Republicans should be ashamed with all the scare tactics and false information they've been using to oppose health care reform.
Quote:
You....you mean politicians lie?

Yeah, that's hot new info, Jox. C'mon. You act like it's something new every time it comes up.
Reconcile these two statements :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:38 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Quote:
Where's the huge complex flowchart from the Republicans when the morass that is our intelligence operations was reported on a few weeks ago?

It's actually pretty straightforward and simple, hence no flowchart. The site is confusing because about 75% or more of the contractors listed have nothing to do with intel. A clearance of a certain level doesn't automatically mean intel or DoD.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:01 PM 

oh so everything is fine then and the entire reporting was bogus? Hard to believe, good sir.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:16 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Reconcile these two statements :)

Just because I'm aware they all do it doesn't mean I don't think they should be ashamed of it as well. There's no needs to reconcile those two statements, sorry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:51 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

The reporting is true in that the contractors have employees with TS clearances. So no, not the entire report. But there are a lot of reasons to have one.

If a conclusion were drawn from that information to say that those (or even half of those) contractors are therefore involved with intel, that conclusion is false. So, fail_reporting+1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:09 AM 

I'm genuinely curious, not trying to pick a fight. Can you give some examples of what the "other reasons" are, that are not related to intel, that a company would have for having security clearance to see intel data?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

That's still off the point. The assumption that TS deals with only intel is false. So, perhaps they need to deal with TS data that is not intel related. Or they install equipment and hardware in a building that handles it. Or they design software or Sharepoint sites that work with it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 PM 

Even assuming 75 percent of contractors listed aren't involved in some way, it wouldn't be difficult to come up with a similarly bad flowchart that shows almost every single potential connection to the subject in question. Yes, my brother's best friend's cousin's nephew's friend's father owes me money because i played pool with his sister's boyfriend's grandfather's son-in-law and it left a bad influence on me and caused me to crash my car. That's about the extent of the loose connections found in the first flowchart. Just include everyone under the sun and claim a connection.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:20 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Sarissa wrote:
That's still off the point. The assumption that TS deals with only intel is false. So, perhaps they need to deal with TS data that is not intel related. Or they install equipment and hardware in a building that handles it. Or they design software or Sharepoint sites that work with it.

Fact, especially on the SharePoint side (US Govt LOVES SharePoint...and I like $$$). Also don't discount the vendors that build things that are prohibited via export (Lam Research is a prime example of where I needed an indirect TS/SCI which I luckily already had) or even something as minor as browser encryption.

Offline Profile