It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

52 year old American arrested searching for Osama bin Laden Video in link
Quote:
The Californian named Gary Brooks Faulkner was carrying a pistol, a sword, night-vision equipment and Christian religious books, said Mumtaz Ahmed, a police chief in the area.

Faulkner was detained as he was walking from Pakistan toward the border into Nuristan province in Afghanistan, Ahmed said. He told police that he had been looking for bin Laden since 9/11 and had traveled to the area several times before, Ahmed said.

I gotta know more about this guy. This sounds nuts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
The Californian named Gary Brooks Faulkner was carrying a pistol, a sword, night-vision equipment and Christian religious books, said Mumtaz Ahmed, a police chief in the area.
Lol, what?

I have this picture of him with the goggles on, wielding a bible and a katana. This would make an excellent video game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:46 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 AM 

The real question is who the hell is guarding the US border with that guy over there in Pakistan?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Washington Post:
Quote:
Catching the al-Qaida chief was 50-year-old Faulkner's passion, his brother Scott Faulkner said Tuesday. A devout Christian with a prison record, Faulkner has been to Pakistan at least six times, learned some of the local language, and even grew a long beard to blend in, relatives and acquaintances said.

"Our military has not been able to track Osama down yet. It's been 10 years," Scott Faulkner told reporters in Denver. "It's easier as a civilian, dressed in the local dress, to infiltrate the inside, the local people, gain their confidence and get information and intel that you couldn't get as an American soldier, Navy SEAL, whoever you might be."

Quote:
Gary Faulkner retained vivid memories of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and was serious but rational about his search, his brother Scott said. When Scott Faulkner dropped his brother off at Denver's airport May 30, the two discussed the possibility Faulkner would not return alive.

"He's as normal as you and I," Scott Faulkner said. "He's just very passionate."

Scott Faulkner said his brother sold all his tools to finance his trip and was prepared to die in Pakistan. He said Faulkner had a travel visa, obtained his weapons inside Pakistan and only took with him a Bible and plastic handcuffs.

Quote:
Gary Faulkner, who was being questioned in the main northwest city of Peshawar, has not yet been charged with any crime in Pakistan. Khan noted police confiscated a small amount of hashish, enough for a single joint, from Faulkner.

The American was in and out of Colorado state prisons between 1981 and 1993, serving a total of about seven years in five separate stints for burglary, larceny and parole violations, state officials said.

This story just doesn't make sense to me. Serious but rational? How is a one man hunt for Bin Laden rational? Plastic handcuffs? He really expected to cuff the guy and walk out of the region? And who were his contacts? I can't help but imagine some dudes laughing their asses off as they play this dude. "Oh yeah? Well we know where Bin Laden is! How much money you got?"

I've heard no mention of any special training this guy may have had. This story is so crazy I'm having a hard time believing this is really what's going on. I mean wtf...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:21 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
You'll learn more in the movie featuring Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio - due out in 2012.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

If he had succeeded he'd get free bar tabs for life.

heck he might anyway just for trying.

Offline Profile