It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I don't normally watch The Family Guy, which is odd because the few episodes I have watched have made me ROFL. I saw in the news that Sarah Palin is all up in arms about the recent episode of The Family Guy called "Extra Large Medium" where Chris decides to woo a Down Syndrome character. My curiosity piqued, I jumped on Hulu and watched the episode to form my own opinion of just how inapproprite the episode was. After watching the entire episode, I am looking back and laughing to myself at how funny it was and I have determined it was not nearly as pointed as Palin would have people believe.

The DS character claims to be the daughter of "the former governor of Alaska". The ties to Palin and Down Syndrome end there. Palin's DS child is a 2-year old boy named Trig. This DS character is a female teenager in high school who is rather bossy. There are no other similarities besides the obvious genetic issue and the former governor mention. For those of you who have not seen the episode, youp can view it here:

http://www.slashcontrol.com/free-tv-sho ... rge-medium

Palin has taken this on as a personal attack on her and her family. While the tie to DS and being the former governor of Alaska are obvious (yet seeemingly unimportant during the episode), I don't think the show's creator's were grossly making fun of either Palin or her son Trig, at least by the way I interpret the episode. Yet here is this woman, all up in arms about the episode, who voluntarily lives her life in the public spotlight demonstrating exactly why a person of her (low) caliber is completely unqualified to be America's president.

So here is my beef (and I apologize if this is not in the correct forum for doing this) - If she can't stomach a comical parody in the form of The Family Guy, how the fuck would she ever be able to take real criticism from the media or her partisan opponents, let alone leaders from around the world? Do we really want someone like that leading a state (should she ever decide to seek a state-affiliated office again), let alone America?

By the way, for those of you who do not know, the female voice actor in the episode actually has Down Syndrome:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... -of-humor/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:23 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
"My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes."

---- Andrea Fay Friedman, an actress with Down Syndrome, responding to Sarah Palin's criticism of a recent "Family Guy" episode portraying a girl with Down Syndrome (voiced by Friedman) as a normal person and joking that her mother was once the governor of Alaska.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:33 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Nothing wrong w/that episode other than that it was a bit boring. It's just Palin getting her name into the media and stirring up her growing cult following.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I can't wait to vote for her in 2012.

Burn America, burn.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
hmm, Family Guy poking fun at someone. And? When will these idiot politicians learn how to handle shows like that? Her best response should have been "Oh? They are trying to make fun of me and my family? I didn't watch it." or "Family Guy stopped being funny a long time ago" and left it at that. If she had done that then FG takes a big hit (zero publicity) and she would have diffused the issue completely.

What a dunce she is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:28 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

The only thing stupidder than Sarah Palin is The Family Guy. They should have her do a guest voice and do recreations of Striperella episodes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
I bet Letterman is debating on whether this should be in his monologue.

Offline Profile