Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Full Story
Quote:
Seating Mass. Senate winner could be delayed
BOSTON (AP) - Massachusetts's top election official says it could take weeks to certify the results of the upcoming U.S. Senate special election. That delay could let President Barack Obama preserve a key 60th vote for his health care overhaul even if the Republican who has vowed to kill it wins Democrat Edward M. Kennedy's former seat.

Secretary of State William F. Galvin, citing state law, says city and town clerks must wait at least 10 days for absentee ballots to arrive before they certify the results of the Jan. 19 election. They then have five more days to file the returns with his office.
Galvin bypassed the provision in 2007 so his fellow Democrats could gain a House vote they needed to override a veto of then-Republican President George W. Bush, but the secretary says U.S. Senate rules would preclude a similar rush today.

The potential delay has become a rallying point for the GOP, which argues Democrats have been twisting the rules to pass the health care bill despite public opposition. It's also prompted criticism from government watchdogs.

Gotta love politics. Have it one way when you win yet have it another when you lose.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: What a CROCK!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:45 PM 

1) He may not win. I'm not sure how I feel about the race, it's probably a toss-up but the advantage in a toss-up is still the incumbent party, in my opinion.

2) I see this as a bit similar to Coleman not conceding to Franken in Minnesota. How long did he drag that out?

3) Certifying election results DO take time, and recent history has exacerbated that problem.

We'll see how it goes. If Coakley loses, I think the attention this story receives should put enough pressure on the AG and election officials to ensure a fair process. I hope.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: What a CROCK!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:34 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Miramicha - retired
WoW: Miramicha - retired
Eve Online Handle: Jake Rivers - active
Astro Empires: Miramicha - simmer
Well the Canadian government can top that, we just shut down the goverment for the olympics.

But in that time the conservatives, which is our ruling minority party will be able to add more conservative senators to the liberal majority senate and thus tip the scales in favor of a conservative majority senate which will help push through all the new bills that the liberals were not in favor of.

Offline Profile