It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:49 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
Why is it ok to spend 915 billion on iraq/afganistan but not ok to do anything about health care reform or spend that kind of money on actual American Citizens?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

btw I'm just bitter because all I ehar about is how much money the democrats are spending.. when the republicans spent shit left and right and that was ok.. but god forbid someone else spend money that foxnews doesn't endorse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:45 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Stop watching Fox News?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:20 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

A-men, Lou!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:38 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

I don't watch fox news.. I have family that does that is convinced that McCain shits gold and would've made america great.. well greater than the hero George W did (if you overlook the fiscal irresponsibility of finishing daddy's war on Iraq) and all the other shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Fribur is grateful for the red meat!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Elections don't change wasteful spending. They only change the group of people who say it's wrong to do it. The funny thing is how accepting each side is of their own party doing what they demonized the other party for when they were in control.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:28 AM 

I got nothin, Lou, I got nothin!

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure this is the right time for us to be doing this =( We have managed to put ourselves into such deep debt, I feel like now is the time that we should be encouraging government to start scraping some pennies and reduce the debt before we go into another huge venture. If it were me, I'd say reduce the debt by half of what it is right now, then go for it. Not trying to sound like a Republican here, but we can't continue on down this road forever. I feel like at some point we have to at least PROVE that we can reduce the debt if we really wanted to. We're printing so much money that people are going to end up using it as toilet paper in a few years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:16 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Venen wrote:
I feel like now is the time that we should be encouraging government to start scraping some pennies and reduce the debt before we go into another huge venture

They aren't scraping pennies, but it sounds like they might be scrapping them. Apparently we spent 180 million a year to make 150 million dollars worth of pennies. I don't know about you, but a lot of the pennies I get through the year end up in either the trash or the nearest homeless person's cup.

I also think there is a difference in demonizing over war vs. demonizing over something that in theory could help the American people. In fact, HCR could have helped the people of the country a bit more if a few Republicans had been willing to cross party lines. Unfortunately everything is just a party line vote at this point. I think even the rape bill was.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:46 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Sarissa wrote:
Elections don't change wasteful spending. They only change the group of people who say it's wrong to do it. The funny thing is how accepting each side is of their own party doing what they demonized the other party for when they were in control.

preach on sistah

someone carpet bomb the state of the union address so we can start over.. about the only way we would have a shot.

I will say if we're gonna waste money spend it on America not a shithole.. does that make me a Democrat?

Today's Christmastime talk with ye ole family was ab out how I'll have to take care of my parents because of what happened this week.

and jesus fuck what's with all the fuckface smilies on the left

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:50 PM 

Were those haiku's?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:46 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
915 million on Iraq? Fuck NO!
23 dollars on the ID Complete Pack today on Steam? Fuck YES!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:06 PM 

Quote:
They aren't scraping pennies, but it sounds like they might be scrapping them. Apparently we spent 180 million a year to make 150 million dollars worth of pennies. I don't know about you, but a lot of the pennies I get through the year end up in either the trash or the nearest homeless person's cup.

I also think there is a difference in demonizing over war vs. demonizing over something that in theory could help the American people. In fact, HCR could have helped the people of the country a bit more if a few Republicans had been willing to cross party lines. Unfortunately everything is just a party line vote at this point. I think even the rape bill was.

Oh I agree there's a difference, I'm just saying immediately after we've economically fucked ourselves in the ass might not be the best time to push the envelope even further and tempt fate. If we hadn't been in those wars, and Bush hadn't contributed the tearing the economy apart, I'd agree this would be an excellent time to do it. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:53 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

It's ok because friends of friends are making a lot of money and they invite them on their boats in the summer...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:42 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Because stuff like this keeps happening...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usattacksnigeriaprofile

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:01 AM 

So we would do something to increase the likelihood of that happening more often by creating more enemies? I'm confused =/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

My assumption is.. (prior to actually going into Iraq), the war was more popular and originally more centralized then what they've been pushing with their health care reform bill. It (Iraq) wasn't until about a year or two after that it's popularity started to decline past what this health care bills popularity is at.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:59 PM 

Much better to spend $915 billion on phony stimulus.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... -jobs.html

Quote:
The Obama administration has taken some heat and mockery for using the nebulous and non-economic term of jobs being “saved or created” by the $787 billion stimulus program.

So it’s gotten rid of it.

In a little-noticed December 18, 2009 memo from Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag the Obama administration is changing the way stimulus jobs are counted.

The memo, first noted by ProPublica, says that those receiving stimulus funds no longer have to say whether a job has been saved or created.

“Instead, recipients will more easily and objectively report on jobs funded with Recovery Act dollars,” Orszag wrote.

In other words, if the project is being funded with stimulus dollars – even if the person worked at that company or organization before and will work the same place afterwards – that’s a stimulus job.

Offline Profile