Post subject: Fort Hood Shooting
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:48 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I don't know if you guys are hearing much about this. But it has a lot of people around here scratching their heads.

Quote:
Army psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan kills 13 in US base rampage
A Muslim army psychiatrist opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan opened fire on fellow soldiers at the world's largest military base yesterday, killing 13 people and wounding at least 30.

His family said that he had been due to be deployed to Iraq – a posting they described as "his worst nightmare".

At least two other men in uniform were initially suspected of involvement in the incident at Fort Hood in Texas, raising fears of a coordinated attack.

However, Lieutenant-General Bob Cone, the base commander, confirmed later that there was only one suspected gunman, identified last night as Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a doctor specializing in mental health.

Flags outside churches and cemeteries around the sprawling military base were at half-mast as its occupants tried to comprehend the slaughter in their midst.

Despite initial reports that Major Hasan had been killed during the shooting, Lieutenant-General Cone said that he was still alive and in hospital after undergoing surgery for his wounds.

"There was a single shooter that was shot multiple times at the scene," Lieutenant-General Cone said. "He was not killed as previously reported. He is currently in custody and in stable condition.

“He’s not currently speaking to investigators. I would say his death is not imminent.”

Asked if the shootings were a terrorist act, Lieutenant-General Cone said: “I couldn’t rule that out but ... the evidence does not suggest that.”

Major Hasan, 39, was shot four times by a female officer – who survived and is in hospital. Officials said the gunman was on a ventilator and unconscious.

He was found near a military police officer who had himself been shot and who later died of his wounds. The attack was said to have lasted only a few minutes.

Terry Lee, a retired colonel who worked with the gunman, said that Major Hasan had told him that he hoped President Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

Faizul Khan, a former imam at a mosque that Major Hasan attended in Silver Spring, Maryland, said he spoke often with him about how he wanted to find a wife. Major Hasan is a lifelong Muslim and attended prayers regularly, often in his army uniform, Mr Khan said.

The rampage, the worst ever to take place on a US military base, began at a "soldier readiness centre" used for final medical and dental check-ups for troops about to be sent overseas.

President Obama condemned what he called "a horrific outburst of violence" and said of its victims: "These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk and at times give their lives to protect the rest of us ... It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an army base on American soil."

Major Hasan, whose family said he was born in suburban Washington, is single with no children

“We are shocked and saddened by the terrible events at Fort Hood today,” his cousin, Nadar Hasan, said in a statement issued on behalf of their family. “We send the families of the victims our most heartfelt sympathies.”

The cousin said that Major Hasan had been ordered to serve a term in Iraq and had been resisting the deployment.

“We’ve known over the last five years that was probably his worst nightmare,” he said.

He had served as a psychiatrist at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC, which treats many badly wounded troops.

Major Hasan had transferred to Fort Hood in July after receiving a poor performance evaluation.

Military police surrounded a supermarket on the sprawling base soon after the initial attack had sent soldiers and civilians running for cover. There was confusion about the number of attackers, with reports suggesting that at least one other suspect might have been at large and armed with a high-powered sniper's rifle.

Major Hasan used two pistols, one of them semi-automatic, neither of them military issue. Soldiers at Fort Hood do not carry weapons unless they are doing training exercises.

Officials have not ruled out the possibility that some casualties may have been victims of friendly fire, shot in the confusion at the scene.

The wounded were dispersed among hospitals in central Texas. Lisa Pfund, whose daughter Amber Bahr, 19, was shot in the stomach, said: "We know nothing, just that she was shot in the belly."

She said that her daughter, who was in a stable condition, had joined the reserves at 17 and loved being in the military even though none of her friends was interested in joining the Army.

Set in hill country in central Texas, Fort Hood is home to more than 70,000 people – including soldiers' families – from the US 1st Cavalry Division and 4th Infantry Division. It has deployed more troops to American-led military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan than any other base.

Most combat troops at Fort Hood have served multiple tours in Iraq, Afghanistan or both since 2001.

The sound of gunfire erupted near the soldier readiness centre at 1.30pm, according to John Carter, a congressional representative for the area.

"I had a man on the scene, who is my regional director and former chaplain at Fort Hood, waiting to go to a graduation ceremony when a soldier came running up to him saying, 'Sir, don't go over there ... somebody is shooting over there'," Mr Carter told MSNBC.

"The soldier didn't know it, but he was wounded.

"He [the regional director] heard small arms and some rifle fire while he was there and said that he thought they had one person that they had caught but there may be more – he didn't know. He understood there was more than one. That was all he said."

The base, midway between Houston and Fort Worth, was closed and schools inside the perimeter were shut as a search started for any gunmen still at large. "Effective immediately. Fort Hood is closed," a message on the base website said. "Organizations/units are instructed to execute a 100 per cent accountability of all personnel. This is not a drill. It is an emergency situation."

News helicopters were kept out of the airspace over the base.

Fort Hood is the only army base in the US able to accommodate two full armored divisions. Described as a world unto itself, it has multiple schools, cinemas and suburbs as well as some of the country's most extensive firing ranges and training facilities.

That was the full story from the UK Times Online {link here}

I have trained at Ft. Hood. This is shocking.

I hope the families affected by this may find peace.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Fort Hood Shooting
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

The whole story strikes me as tragic and avoidable. My first gut reaction was that he developed a debilitating fear of deployment while helping returning troops at Walter Reed and had a Psychotic break when his deployment became real. Mental Health Professionals are all supposed to be under care. Who was he seeing and how did they miss this are my two biggest questions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:33 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
I await the groups overseas to praise this guy as a warrior for Allah. He'd been vocal on his disagreements with our being over there and my guess is that he didn't want to go to war against fellow muslims.

CNN and Fox were reporting that there were posts made on islamic extremist sites discussing jihad and violent acts and that the posts on it appeared to be made by this guy. I now can't find it on either site so I'm wondering if this was just them speculating ahead of the info.

The other question is where are the 2 accomplices everyone was reporting he had with him?

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
They were released when it was determined that they were not accomplices as earlier believed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
Quote:
Major Hasan, 39, was shot four times by a female officer – who survived and is in hospital. Officials said the gunman was on a ventilator and unconscious.
Women can't shoot for shit, can they? :bootyshake:

Quote:
I was appalled and decided to wait until morning to comment on the man/child's remarks on the act of terrorism carried out by a Muslim at Ft Hood. It disgusts me that everyone wants to down play the fact the man is a Muslim who had posted threats on line and made bizarre comments about the war. Clearly this was terrorism. At least the swine is alive so we can find out if there was anyone else involved and drag this ba$tard Nidal Musik Hasan to trial.

Obama showed where the troops rank in his priorities by opened the press conference by giving a shout out to friends one of whom he claimed was a Congressional Medal of Honor winner, who was no such thing. He then dithered about on what he wanted to talk and what they had been doing for several minutes before even mentioning Ft. Hood. %&*#$!

The man is incompetent!
Here is a nice post from another site I visit every once in awhile =P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 PM 
I schooled the old school.

Incoming snarky comments alert.

Quote:
I await the groups overseas to praise this guy as a warrior for Allah.

Many Muslim groups have already condemned this act. I know, however, that some people on these boards will wait for some extremist group to say something like this, then say something like, "look, why don't Muslims condemn this as a horrible act? Islam is a horrible religion of evil people!"

Incoming snarky comment warning number 2.

Boy... if only all those people were armed like those teachers should have been armed in the school shootings. Then this could have been prevented! Oh damn... wait-- most of the people there WERE armed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Anyone who has combat training like to weigh in on this? I'm wondering (purely speculative) how this guy can do it alone. Killed 13 and wounded about 30 others. Most of these people are combat trained, right? From the reports I'm hearing he's using 2 pistols, with about 11 rounds each. Taking into account accuracy he probably fired somewhere around 40-60 bullets. That's a triple reload on each pistol. I can't understand how one guy can do that much damage to a large number of combat trained individuals who were also, presumably, armed.

I'm just looking to be educated in the matter. I can understand "possible" but is it "likely?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:19 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
False. Most Soldiers are not armed while they are on post. Exceptions being MPs and those doing weapons training (who are only armed while at the firing range).

When they're marching in formation with their weapons, if they're not using the green plastic ones, there is a barrel tube running down the length and the receiver is usually absent. That's the big red block at the end of the barrel.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 PM 

Stay classy, Fribur.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:35 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

While any posts the guy made on extremist websites (if/when they are proven to be his) are relevant, the fact that he is Muslim is not. A person's religious beliefs are entirely irrelevant to whether or not they are or should be classified as a terrorist. Repeatedly attempting to make religion an aspect of the accusations of terrorism only adds to an environment where it is more likely to happen by further creating an us vs. them mentality.

As far as the Medal of Honor gaff, I think it's understandable. The guy actually had a Medal of Freedom. Both are the highest honors a person can achieve, and on the list of screw ups I think a President can make, this falls very low towards the bottom of the list.

Honestly, I find confusing the Declaration of Independence with the Constitution to be a bit more screwed up from a politician than confusing two separate but related honors.

Quote:
Anyone who has combat training like to weigh in on this? I'm wondering (purely speculative) how this guy can do it alone. Killed 13 and wounded about 30 others. Most of these people are combat trained, right? From the reports I'm hearing he's using 2 pistols, with about 11 rounds each. Taking into account accuracy he probably fired somewhere around 40-60 bullets. That's a triple reload on each pistol. I can't understand how one guy can do that much damage to a large number of combat trained individuals who were also, presumably, armed.

I'm just looking to be educated in the matter. I can understand "possible" but is it "likely?"

I would probably classify it as unlikely but certainly possible. It almost entirely depends on how confused and scared everyone around you gets when you start firing. If they are running around in confusion, they are making it harder for the people who can bring it to an end to identify you and then to get a clear shot at you. Some of the people killed were also possibly hit by friendly fire, and if that was the case, the guy could have gotten away with as little as one reload per handgun (44 rounds total). Switching out a clip is something that almost anyone can do fairly fast once they've gotten some practice.

I bring up friendly fire because the last I read, they hadn't ruled it out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:45 PM 

Quote:
While any posts the guy made on extremist websites (if/when they are proven to be his) are relevant, the fact that he is Muslim is not.
Sorry, but that is just flat out stupid.

If a man is yelling something religious while shooting a bunch of people, it's probably relevant to the investigation, don't you think? Is it about religion? who knows. But no investigator is going to say "Welp, he was yelling Allahu Akbar, but that's religious, so we're just gonna strike that from our list of things to check on. Note to self: Don't look at religious connections."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:47 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Ah, I see. Thanks. I didn't think about carry restrictions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:06 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
It's also not necessarily a triple reload to fire that many shots. Standard, Double and High capacity magazines are easily acquired even in states that have restrictions.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:16 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

You're right, Joxur. I shouldn't have said it is irrelevent. It was a gut reaction to the inordinate amount of prejudiced trash that I'm seeing and reading on an almost daily basis these days.

The word Muslim being used as evidence that a person is a terrorist rather than just a person who went nuts sometimes causes me to speak first and think second now :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:45 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Vanamar wrote:
It's also not necessarily a triple reload to fire that many shots. Standard, Double and High capacity magazines are easily acquired even in states that have restrictions.

If he was using 9mm's, a glock full framed handgun can have like 18 or 19 rounds per gun, and that's assuming this guy wasn't geared out with the 32 round extended magazine.

As for Friblet's snarky quip: No, not everyone was armed. The only people with weapons walking around on a military base are the Cops and folks that are over in training areas. Usually folks are not even allowed to bring weapons on base.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Larreth wrote:
Vanamar wrote:

If he was using 9mm's, a glock full framed handgun can have like 18 or 19 rounds per gun, and that's assuming this guy wasn't geared out with the 32 round extended magazine.

As for Friblet's snarky quip: No, not everyone was armed. The only people with weapons walking around on a military base are the Cops and folks that are over in training areas. Usually folks are not even allowed to bring weapons on base.

Glock 17 has a std 17 round clip two clips would give you 34 rounds, I am willing to bet that he was using a round that would not have stopped when it hit a person.

Firblet, it sounds like a lot of the people that were shot we getting vaccinated before being deployed.

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:17 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

They said he was using a 357 revolver and an FN7 pistol. They ofcouse had to add the dramatic "the FN7 is commonly referred to as the COP KILLER!!!"..blah blah. The FN7, I believe, uses the same round or extremely similar to the p90 submachine gun and carries a magazine capacity of 20 and you can add a magazine extension to max out at 30.

The bullet definitely looks more like a rifle bullet than a handgun cartridge, that's for sure. Definitely a bullet that is meaner than your average pistol bullet. What's strange about it is the gun and the ammo are both pretty uncommon all around.

Oddly I consider myself fairly up on firearms and I've never heard of this handgun until this happened and I looked into it.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:57 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
It is easier to get in your car and drive off fort hood, purchase a shotgun and some shells and drive back to base than it is to get at a military weapon and ammo.

I was stationed at Fort Hood from 94-97. The weapons are locked up "tighter than fort knox" and the ammo depot is miles from the main part of base, and it is locked up beyond belief as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:38 AM 

Larreth wrote:
They said he was using a 357 revolver and an FN7 pistol. They ofcouse had to add the dramatic "the FN7 is commonly referred to as the COP KILLER!!!"..blah blah. The FN7, I believe, uses the same round or extremely similar to the p90 submachine gun and carries a magazine capacity of 20 and you can add a magazine extension to max out at 30.

The bullet definitely looks more like a rifle bullet than a handgun cartridge, that's for sure. Definitely a bullet that is meaner than your average pistol bullet. What's strange about it is the gun and the ammo are both pretty uncommon all around.

Oddly I consider myself fairly up on firearms and I've never heard of this handgun until this happened and I looked into it.

I thought I was too.. The Fn7 is a 5.7x28mm round (.223) with the muzzle velocity (1,749 to 2,133 fp/s) and a 20 round clip he would have easily hit the number of people he did without a reload.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:06 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/11/0 ... ml?ref=rss

They've recovered over 100 casings.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:18 AM 

then he clearly had the 30 round magazines for the Fn7.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:38 AM 

Did they clarify if the 100 rounds were all his? This article just says that an army spokesman says
Quote:
fired off more than 100 rounds of ammunition
He was shot at several times from Civilian Police and MP's. Reading this article it sounds like this was not just a random act of violence but a well thought out attack.

Also I know why I have not heard of the Five-SeveN that he was using it’s primarily for Personal Protection Services, Police and Military. The manufacture of the gun is FHN they make mostly Police and Military guns.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:43 AM 

The first line of the article is "the shooter fired over 100 rounds of ammunition"

And .223 ammo has a very distinct casing from standard cop issue 9mm, so it's easy to tell what was his and what wasn't.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:53 AM 

Vanamar wrote:
The first line of the article is "the shooter fired over 100 rounds of ammunition"

And .223 ammo has a very distinct casing from standard cop issue 9mm, so it's easy to tell what was his and what wasn't.

I agree that the .223 is very different from the 9mm & 45 ACP. I also know what the article said, but the reports that have come out from this have been all over the place that’s why I asked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:39 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Yeah the bullets for the FN7 and P90 look like the little rifle bullets they are. Mean little gun.

That this gun is pretty rare and the ammo as well...it leads me to think that he'd had this thing planned for a while. The gun itself is pretty expensive.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:14 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Him being a Muslim has -everything- to do with everything.

He was ostracized because he was a "turrist", and he gets back by becoming one. Racism makes for a nice self-fulfilling prophecy.

That being said, since this happened on base, he should get a UCMJ death penalty, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Dolalin wrote:
Him being a Muslim has -everything- to do with everything.

He was ostracized because he was a "turrist", and he gets back by becoming one. Racism makes for a nice self-fulfilling prophecy.

That being said, since this happened on base, he should get a UCMJ death penalty, right?

Likely, but they may go the other route and just imprison on hard labor as executing him would make him out to be a martyr. Blah blah..

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:50 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

jail, execution, either way he'll be a rally cry. Fuck it, kill him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

if he's found guilty

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:07 AM 

There needs to be a major investigation real damn soon:

1) Why did the NSA's massive surveillance effort completely fail? Hell - DID it fail? Is it a matter of not knowing, or a matter of not acting?
2) Why did the FBI do nothing when they learned this man had contacted al Qaeda several months ago? Are we back to 9/11, where agencies don't know what other agencies are doing?
3) If the FBI and other agencies did know about this, why wasn't he at least under heavy surveillance?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 AM 

joxur wrote:
There needs to be a major investigation real damn soon:

1) Why did the NSA's massive surveillance effort completely fail? Hell - DID it fail? Is it a matter of not knowing, or a matter of not acting?
2) Why did the FBI do nothing when they learned this man had contacted al Qaeda several months ago? Are we back to 9/11, where agencies don't know what other agencies are doing?
3) If the FBI and other agencies did know about this, why wasn't he at least under heavy surveillance?

I don't think we are back to pre-9/11, this is a military issue they deal with things their own way, outside of the public.

IF there is a trial it will be military, they will find him however will best serve them at the time.

The biggest pain will be the civil trail against the military that will become because somebody and\or their family decides to sue the Military.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:52 AM 

What has Obama said on this?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:18 AM 

The usual Bull shit
"This is terrible"
"Thoughts with the families"
"Families & solders will have full support from the Federal Government ….”

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 AM 

It just seemed to me that his response has been very light.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:34 AM 

I have no idea what he could have said that would have made you happy, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 AM 

Fribur wrote:
I have no idea what he could have said that would have made you happy, heh.

He could have said "I resign" devilpus

Now back on topic...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 AM 

Read this:

some first-hand accounts of what happened at Ft. Hood

Frib, Obama could have responded like Clinton usually responded when there was a tragedy or loss of life would have been better. His "shout-out" was tactless and you could tell that a response was not written for him.

Damn, Obama is really making me miss Bill Clinton. I'd much rather have Bill back in the Whitehouse than Obama.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:02 PM 

WOW, had she not done this, there would have been lots more killed and injured.

Quote:
Munley, 34, was on the scene within three minutes.

Just over 5 feet tall, Munley is an advanced firearms instructor and civilian member of Fort Hood's special reaction team. She had trained on "active shooter" scenarios after the April 2007 mass shooting at Virginia Tech University. She didn't wait for backup.

As she approached the squat, rectangular building, a soldier emerged from a door with a gunman in pursuit. The officer fired, and the uniformed shooter wheeled and charged.

Munley was hit at least three times in the exchange—twice through the left leg and once in her right wrist. Hasan was hit four times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:07 PM 

It was also very clear this was an Elquida tourist attack
Quote:
Around 1:30 p.m., witnesses say a man later identified as Hasan jumped up on a desk and shouted the words "Allahu Akbar!"—Arabic for "God is great!" He was armed with two pistols, one a semiautomatic capable of firing up to 20 rounds without reloading.

Packed into cubicles with 5-foot-high dividers, the 300 unarmed soldiers were sitting ducks. Those who weren't hit by direct fire were struck by rounds ricocheting off the desks and tile floor

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Elquida tourist

A what?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 PM 

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Quote:
Elquida tourist

A what?

I FAIL al-Qaeda terrorist

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
They are a little known splinter faction, following the Dog of Flanders.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:56 PM 

We never really carried arms, mainly because our weapon of choice was a Mark 48 torpedo. I only carried a handgun when I was making a deposit. Check out, deposit, check in.

When you are on a military base/post you feel safe, you don't ever expect this sort of thing. I'm sure when it started a lot of people were stunned because the thought of a soldier deliberately killing other soldiers is so unnatural.

As far as whether or not he was an extremist - I'm sure we'll find out more in the days ahead. No matter what, he will be tried in accordance with the UCMJ and I am confident he will be awarded the death penalty.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 PM 

The military hasn't recommended the death penalty in almost 50 years, from what I read. Also, it could go to the DOJ depending on how they want to classify it - terrorism or mass murder.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:25 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Besides, Devil, you're not really asserting that because it was a man of muslim faith that its automatically an al-qaeda terrorist issue?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 PM 

krby71 wrote:
Frib, Obama could have responded like Clinton usually responded when there was a tragedy or loss of life would have been better. His "shout-out" was tactless and you could tell that a response was not written for him.

Damn, Obama is really making me miss Bill Clinton. I'd much rather have Bill back in the Whitehouse than Obama.
You and me both.

I'm more concerned with why he's not in Berlin celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the wall coming down. I thought at first that he had something important on his schedule, but .. nope:

Here's the full schedule from the White House (all times Eastern):
- 10:00AM: President Obama receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
- 10:30AM: President Obama receives the Economic Daily Briefing
- 11:00AM: President Obama meets with senior advisors
- 6:45PM: President Obama signs the Veterans Employment Initiative Executive Order
- 7:00PM: President Obama meets with Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel

He can do, what.. 2 or 3 appearances for Corzine's campaign, but can't hop on his own plane to attend the ceremonies celebrating one of the most significant events in the past 50 years?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:29 PM 

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Besides, Devil, you're not really asserting that because it was a man of muslim faith that its automatically an al-qaeda terrorist issue?

Not because his faith is Muslim, but from the reports that.
    He was associated with the radical mosque that 2 or 3 of the 9/11 terrorist were in.
    There are reports that he was trying to contact al-qaeda
    He yelled "god is good" before he started shooting, much like other al-qaeda attacks.
    His reported actions leading up to the day were like those of the 9/11 attacks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:40 PM 

in case you have not seen this
Army shooter's mosque run by Muslim Mafia

Offline Profile