Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

The latter...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:07 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
"Even if these are obvious bedfellows and kind of standard PR maneuvers, it still stands to undercut Obama's credibility," Krumholz said. "The potential takeaway from the public is 'friends in cahoots to engineer a grass roots result.'"

That's what it really comes down to. Much ado about nothing, but the American public is highly vulnerable to suggestion when it comes to the, "Oh no, shady government dealings!" stuff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:18 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Jox: blame it if you like on the 9 months of pregnancy.. but I guess i'm not seeing the big deal in the article? There are several collitions that are running pro and anti ads for health care. If the collition doesn't have direct ties to Obama, I guess I'm not seeing the deal if they contract someone who is a friend of Obama. It's not that the Obama administration itself is funnelling money/government contracts to the group, correct?

Many groups that donate in one arena to a particular political affliation don't stop their support with just one politican. In Denver for instance, they have a buy blue guide you can use to shop at progressive vendors. They have a similar guide for those who are interested in supporting vendors with local or environmental ties.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:30 AM 

Gotcha.. so I take it you didn't have a problem with Cheney and Halliburton?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:33 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

lol wut.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:40 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

In the case of Cheney and Halliburton it was the administration funnelling no bid government contracts to an organization they had ties with. This is a 3rd party contracting services with another 3rd party? If the group buying the ads were a government entity then I could see the point, but I'm not seeing it here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:37 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
This third party has been vilified by the administration and now that they are running ads for the administration they are getting special breaks in the legislation that will, for lack of a better term, funnel funds to them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
bah, hit submit instead of preview...

basically politics as usual, brought to you by your friends the Democrat and Republican parties.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:15 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Krby: yeah the political back scratching on both sides really annoys me, and this bill will be no different. I will be very upset if the result of the house and senate bill is that we end up with mandated insurance for all, but no public option to keep the prices down. To me, that's a worst case scenario I can see coming all to true especially with some of the wankers in the senate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 PM 

In the vein of the original topic.

Files prove Pentagon is profiling reporters
http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?sect ... icle=64401

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Contrary to the insistence of Pentagon officials this week that they are not rating the work of reporters covering U.S. forces in Afghanistan, Stars and Stripes has obtained documents that prove that reporters’ coverage is being graded as “positive,” “neutral” or “negative.”

Moreover, the documents — recent confidential profiles of the work of individual reporters prepared by a Pentagon contractor — indicate that the ratings are intended to help Pentagon image-makers manipulate the types of stories that reporters produce while they are embedded with U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

One reporter on the staff of one of America’s pre-eminent newspapers is rated in a Pentagon report as “neutral to positive” in his coverage of the U.S. military. Any negative stories he writes “could possibly be neutralized” by feeding him mitigating quotes from military officials.

Another reporter, from a TV station, provides coverage from a “subjective angle,” according to his Pentagon profile. Steering him toward covering “the positive work of a successful operation” could “result in favorable coverage.”

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Wow, paying attention to how different media outlets behave and giving them information accordingly?

That's crazy talk.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:22 AM 

You're the Lanys barnacle. No real purpose, but there you are.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I'm sorry, but you really do have a habit of posting relative non-issues, bolding certain parts for "dramatic emphasis", and expecting us all to gasp in awe at the information you've discovered.

Offline Profile