It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:20 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Joxur-
I'm not saying we are responsible to make this change. The rest of the world could lend a hand once in a freaking while in spreading sunshine and rainbows, I'm merely pointing out what the cause of the problem it. The pirate ships are the effect, not the cause. That does NOT mean you shouldn't also address the effect, but I think that's a givin. In the short term, the pirates that have a US citizen aboard need to be dealth with. It is a simple equation of risk vs reward. If you want people to stop doing something criminal, you need to increase the risk or reduce the need of the reward.

Tarot-
Crime exists in all economic levels, but to different degrees. It is much more prevalent in impoverished nations. The same mentality fosters the suicide bombers. Religion is the root cause for the hatred of the organizers of suicide bombers, but the bomber volunteers themselves often do it for the financial gain their family will receive.

Now how do we turn Africa into a nation that has food/shelter etc? I don't really know, but identifying the problem is the 1st step to people solving it. I admit it isn't our problem, but if it were solved, we would reap a benefit, so there is incentive to it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:02 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
There is a genetic pre-determination for crime/violence. There are certain kinds of people in the world who commit crime more than others. Luckily, they look different than the non-criminals so they are easy to identify. Stay away from those certain kinds of people and you can avoid 90% of all violent crime.

Just don't live in their neighborhoods, go to their businesses, give them jobs or work for them or be around them in social situations and your odds of being victimized are greatly reduced.

Who are these violent criminal assholes you ask? Men, of course.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Fribur wrote:
hehe you still hailing Odin?

Yep. It's a religion that centers on violence, drinking, and sex. What more could you possibly want?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:27 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Fribur wrote:
Drajek, that's the kind of sentiment I would make! What's this world coming to...

I tried to warn you, but NOOOOO you wouldn't listen... now you know the world is coming to the end and everything is completely backwards..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Maybe they all just need a hug

I volunteer Drajeck

You should take flowers and chocolate too maybe a basket of goodies... You could have Picnic!!!

*due to recent events I feel I must add the following disclaimer*

The post above was written with a sarcastic tone. I am in no way suggesting that I really think anyone should hug a pirate... the bird would get jealous

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Rose, remind me to thank whoever's been spiking the crackrock lately.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

lack of sleep does weird things to the mind

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:50 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
With the amount of money being gathered. And the fact that Somalia is a muslim nation that hates the U.S. would it be outside the realm of possibility that the ransoms are being funneled into terrorist groups?

Wikipedia actually has a decent primer on the civil war in Somalia. The pirate areas are the areas that in conflict with the Islamist areas. So I think it is highly unlikely.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:00 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Well, so much for the somali pirates are non-violent tripe.

Hostage dies as French attack Somali pirates
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/04 ... index.html

Oh, and regarding the other situation - the pirates want a few million to release the captain of the US ship or they're going to kill him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:29 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Parlay?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:29 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

joxur wrote:
Well, so much for the somali pirates are non-violent tripe.

Hostage dies as French attack Somali pirates

Oh, and regarding the other situation - the pirates want a few million to release the captain of the US ship or they're going to kill him.

Great article. You'll notice how they say he died during a rescue operation but not that the pirates killed him. Read the description of their operation. They came at the ship from two sides with guns blazing. I'd bet the hostage died in the crossfire.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 PM 

That's a pretty tall order. He spends all day looking for links that agree with him, you can't expect him to read them as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:21 PM 

Hmm. You seem to be insinuating that if pirates take someone hostage, and someone dies in a crossfire, it's somehow not murder by the pirates. By that token, the only logical conclusion to all hostage standoffs is to simply pay the pirates. No.. I think the pirates bear the burden for that death.

Hi, Venen! viewtopic.php?p=132410#p132410

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:46 PM 

Hold on while I dig out my link of the 30+ topics you disengaged in during the election season =)

Anyway I think Snarky's point was more than you're fussing about them being violent but in that particular instance the French more or less attacked them. The original point was not necessarily that the pirates will act violently from time to time, but rather that most of these confrontations and hijackings occur without much outright violence. Their goal is money, not mercilessly maiming and killing everything in sight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:39 AM 

Quote:
Hold on while I dig out my link of the 30+ topics you disengaged in during the election season =)
Thanks for ceding the point!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:54 PM 

Well of course, as I already said in the other thread, I try to return the favor of wimping out when I can =) I'm hopeful I'll be able to meet that quota at some point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:22 PM 
What does this button do?

EQ1: Wakkagud Ondahed
WoW: Slaaneshi
Eve Online Handle: Ackbarre
We shouldn't negotiate with them at all. They are terrorists and scum. In an other day and age we would have had them hanged.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:07 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Wakkagud wrote:
We shouldn't negotiate with them at all. They are terrorists and scum. In an other day and age we would have had them hanged.

I agree with the no negotiation bit because it only encourages more piracy/terrorism. Kill them all and do your best to not kill the hostiges. I know this is easy to say when it's not one of my loved ones we're talking about, but I think that's the best current state solution. I still hold that long term you have to remove the need for it (the whole food and shelter bit), but there is no reason you can't attack it from both fronts. You can remove the need and the incentive.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:07 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Apparently the navy sent a small boat towards the pirates and the pirates started shooting at them. The navy didn't return fire and retreated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
that sent a very strong message.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:44 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
krby71 wrote:
that sent a very strong message.

Indeed.

The message was "bawk bawk Bagawk Bawwwwwwwwk"

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 AM 
I schooled the old school.

I think of terrorists as people who are doing what they do because of either a political agenda or a religious fanaticism (or both). These fit neither definition.

There was an interview on NPR yesterday of a CEO of a company who negotiated with pirates for their boat. He had to negotiate for nearly two months, and he felt the same way-- that they were not "terrorists," but simply business men who found the easiest way they could make money in their (lack of) an economy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:55 AM 

You must have one hell of an interesting view of the poor within the US who commit crime. Are burglars businessmen? Armed robbers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:01 AM 

You missed the point.

Are burglars terrorists? Armed robbers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:04 AM 

I'm not disagreeing about whether they are terrorists, but the "they're simply businessmen" part.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

The captain has been rescued and is apparently unharmed. Three of the pirates are dead and the last is in US custody. No details have been released yet but it sounds like the seals went in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:56 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
The captain tried to escape again and jumped into the water. This gave the seals the moment they needed to gun down the three pirates on the raft. The fourth pirate was already on the Bainbridge for negotiations.

At least, that's what I gathered from the news thus far.

That captain deserves the hero's welcome he's going to get. It takes balls to try to escape once, but to attempt it twice, especially when you have reason to believe that you aren't going to be harmed if you cooperate? Stainless steel balls the size of an elephant's.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:54 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
Quote:
Captain freed when snipers kill pirates
Swift rescue operation left three of the Somali captors dead
The Associated Press
updated 6:39 p.m. ET, Sun., April 12, 2009

MOMBASA, Kenya - U.S. Navy snipers opened fire and killed three pirates holding an American captain at gunpoint, delivering the skipper unharmed and ending a five-day high-seas hostage drama on Easter Sunday.

The pirates were pointing AK-47s at Capt. Richard Phillips and he was in "imminent danger" of being killed when the commander of the nearby USS Bainbridge made the split-second decision to order his men to shoot, Vice Adm. Bill Gortney said.

Phillips' crew, who said they had escaped the pirates after he offered himself as a hostage, erupted in cheers aboard their ship docked in Mombasa, Kenya. Some waved an American flag and fired flares in celebration. A lawn sign in the captain's hometown of Underhill, Vermont that read "Pray for Captain Phillips' release and safe return home" was changed to read, "Capt. Phillips rescued and safe."

Resting comfortably
The U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet said Phillips, 53, was resting comfortably after a medical exam on the San Diego-based USS Boxer in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Somalia. Gortney said the captain had been "tied up inside the lifeboat" over much of the ordeal.

"I'm just the byline. The real heroes are the Navy, the Seals, those who have brought me home," Phillips said by phone to Maersk Line Limited President and CEO John Reinhart, the company head told reporters. A photo released by the Navy showed Phillips unharmed and shaking hands with the commanding officer of the USS Bainbridge.

U.S. officials said a fourth pirate had surrendered and was in military custody. FBI spokesman John Miller said that would change as the situation became "more of a criminal issue."

The rescue was a dramatic blow to the pirates who have preyed on international shipping and hold more than a dozen ships with about 230 sailors from a variety of nations. But it also risked provoking retaliatory attacks.

"This could escalate violence in this part of the world, no question about it," said Gortney, the commander of U.S. Naval Forces Central Command.

Jamac Habeb, a 30-year-old self-proclaimed pirate, told The Associated Press from one of Somalia's piracy hubs, Eyl, that, "our friends should have done more to kill the captain before they were killed. This will be a good lesson for us."

"From now on, if we capture foreign ships and their respective countries try to attack us, we will kill them (the hostages)," he said. France and India have both taken deadly military action against pirates in recent months and seen no significant retaliation, however.

'A model for all Americans'
The Defense Department twice asked President Barack Obama for permission to use military force to rescue Phillips, most recently late Friday evening, U.S. officials said. On Saturday morning, Obama signed off on the Pentagon's request, as he had a day earlier, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

"I share the country's admiration for the bravery of Capt. Phillips and his selfless concern for his crew," Obama said in his first comments on the situation. "His courage is a model for all Americans."

He added that the United States needs help from other countries to deal with the threat of piracy and to hold pirates accountable.

A spokeswoman for the Phillips family, Alison McColl, said Phillips and his wife, Andrea, spoke by phone shortly after he was freed.

"I think you can all imagine their joy and what a happy moment that was for them," McColl said outside of the Phillips home in Underhill. "They're all just so happy and relieved. Andrea wanted me to tell the nation that all of your prayers and good wishes have paid off because Capt. Phillips is safe."

The Navy said Phillips was freed at 7:19 p.m. local time.

When Phillips' crew heard the news aboard their ship in the port of Mombasa, they placed an American flag over the rail of the top of the Maersk Alabama and whistled and pumped their fists in the air. Crew fired two bright red flares into the sky from the ship.

"We made it!" said crewman ATM Reza, pumping his fist in the air.

"He managed to be in a 120-degree oven for days, it's amazing," said another of about a dozen crew members who came out to talk to reporters. He said the crew found out the captain was released because one of the sailors had been talking to his wife on the phone.

Surrendered himself to safeguard crew
Crew members said their ordeal had begun Wednesday with the Somali pirates hauling themselves up from a small boat bobbing on the surface of the Indian Ocean far below.

As the pirates shot in the air, Phillips told his crew to lock themselves in a cabin and surrendered himself to safeguard his men, crew members said.

Phillips was then held hostage in an enclosed lifeboat that was closely watched by U.S. warships and a helicopter in an increasingly tense standoff.

Capt. Joseph Murphy, the father of second-in-command Shane Murphy, thanked Phillips for his bravery.

"Our prayers have been answered on this Easter Sunday," Murphy said. "If not for his incredible personal sacrifice, this kidnapping and act of terror could have turned out much worse."

Murphy said both his family and Phillips' "can now celebrate a joyous Easter together."

Talks to free Phillips began Thursday with the captain of the Bainbridge talking to the pirates under instruction from FBI hostage negotiators on board the U.S. destroyer. The pirates had threatened to kill Phillips if attacked.

Escape attempt thwarted
Phillips jumped out of the lifeboat Friday and tried to swim for his freedom but was recaptured when a pirate fired an automatic weapon at or near him, according to U.S. Defense Department officials speaking on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk about the unfolding operations.

Elsewhere off the Somali coast Friday, the French navy freed a sailboat seized off Somalia by other pirates, but one of the five hostages was killed.

Three U.S. warships were within easy reach of the lifeboat and early Saturday, the pirates holding Phillips in the lifeboat fired a few shots at a small U.S. Navy vessel that had approached, a U.S. military official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The official said the U.S. sailors did not return fire, the Navy vessel turned away and no one was hurt. He said the vessel had not been attempting a rescue.

The district commissioner of the central Mudug region said talks on freeing Phillips had gone on all day Saturday, with clan elders from his area talking by satellite telephone and through a translator with Americans, but collapsed Saturday night.

Phillips' crew of 19 American sailors reached safe harbor in Kenya's northeast port of Mombasa about the same time under guard of U.S. Navy Seals.

'Good lesson for the pirates'
The U.S. Navy had assumed the pirates would try to get their hostage to shore, where they could have hidden him on Somalia's lawless soil and been in a stronger position to negotiate a ransom.

"The Somali government wanted the drama to end in a peaceful way, but any one who is involved in this latest case had the choice to use violence or other means," Abdulkhadir Walayo, the prime minister's spokesman, told the AP. "Any way, we see it will be a good lesson for the pirates or any one else involved in this dirty business."

Residents of Harardhere, another port and pirate stronghold, were gathering in the streets after news of the captain's release, saying they fear pirates may now retaliate against some of the 200 hostages they still hold.

"We fear more that any revenge taken by the pirates against foreign nationals could bring more attacks from the foreign navies, perhaps on our villages," Abdullahi Haji Jama, who owns a clothes store in Harardhere, told the AP by telephone.

Pirates are holding about a dozen ships with more than 200 crew members, according to the Malaysia-based piracy watchdog International Maritime Bureau. Hostages are from Bulgaria, China, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, the Philippines, Russia, Taiwan, Tuvalu and Ukraine, among other countries.

A spokesman for the German anti-piracy operation told the AP that the U.S. did not give any clue as to its plans in regard to the ship captain.

He had no details on the fate of the German freighter Hansa Stavanger, which was captured earlier this month or on the fate of its 24 crew of five Germans, three Russians, two Ukrainians, two Filipinos and 12 Tuvalu residents.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30178013/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:37 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Clearly, the rescue of the captain by Navy SEAL sharpshooters is a failure of the Obama Administration. I'm not sure how, but I know that by lunchtime, joxur will have the links to prove it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:29 AM 

Don't be bitter.

I'd say it's more a failure of Fribur's pacifist dogma than anything. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
Pirates vow to kill U.S., French sailors
Two pirates in Somalia vowed revenge Monday, after the U.S. military killed three pirates and freed a U.S. ship captain who had been held hostage for several days.

The pirates told a Somali journalist that they were angered by the U.S. action, as well as a French raid Friday that killed two pirates and one hostage and freed four hostages.

"We have decided to kill U.S. and French sailors if they happen to be among our future hostages," said Abdullahi Ahmed, a member of a pirate group based at Harardhere, a coastal town in central Somalia.

Well, now all ships that pass through the area will HAVE to have armed guards aboard. Sad that these civilian sailors are needing to get involved with an arms race against these pirates.

"Business men" my ass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Nothing a Tomahawk can't fix.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:50 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
That's bound to get costly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:02 AM 

Sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:49 AM 

Quote:
I'd say it's more a failure of Fribur's pacifist dogma than anything.

ummm... explain? I must have missed that. The "pacifist approach" wasn't tried in this instance.

A pacifist would say that this wasn't successful anyway, because people were killed in the process.

/shrug

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

I think that what he's trying to say is that we all obviously lived happily ever after from that point on and so killing is definitely always the answer. Nope, no more pirates now that we killed 3 of them... definitely solved that problem...

http://boxrockssocks.blogspot.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 AM 

I'm not really sure what we're arguing about. The outcome is a good one - the good guys won.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

bearne wrote:
Clearly, the rescue of the captain by Navy SEAL sharpshooters is a failure of the Obama Administration. I'm not sure how, but I know that by lunchtime, joxur will have the links to prove it.

hahah okay this is funny just because I would bet that I could find a post in the exact same nature about how everything was a failure of the bush administration during his presidency.

anyway it just struck me as funny. :)

On that note I thought Obama handled this perfectly. He didn't really talk about it and he shouldn't have. There was no reason for him to make some strong press statement that could have just exasperated the situation. Keeping to himself on this was exactly the right decision on his part (imho)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:49 PM 

Yep, he handled it exactly like I thought he should, in my first post on the thread :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:56 PM 

At the risk of contradicting myself, I just wish they had used heavier ordinance. That would have been hilarious just to think about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:00 PM 

Ok, strike the 'i' in that word and you have what I meant. Had to look up "ordinance" and "ordnance".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Its great that the captain is safe.

I'm not going to celebrate the deaths of the pirates. In fact it makes me a little sick that we wanted to send the 16 year old captive back to the lifeboat before the rescue because it would be more more convenient to kill a kid then dealing with a Somalian captive. God bless America.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:57 PM 

EQ1: Wakkagud Ondahed
WoW: Slaaneshi
Eve Online Handle: Ackbarre
Found this with a little searching.

General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the, now horrified, terrorists.

Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those virgins) and doomed to hell.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pig’s blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc.

They let the 50th man go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.

Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Somalia?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:01 PM 

Quote:
In fact it makes me a little sick that we wanted to send the 16 year old captive back to the lifeboat before the rescue because it would be more more convenient to kill a kid then dealing with a Somalian captive.
Huh?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

The pirates aren't religious extremists even though it is likely they are Muslims.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

joxur wrote:
Huh?

The captive we have came over to the Navy ship voluntarily to get treatment for an injury he sustained during the fight for the cargo ship. After he was treated the on scene commander wanted to send him back to the lifeboat knowing full well that he had a team waiting for the chance to shoot the pirates without harming the captain. He wanted to send that kid his men had just patched up back to the lifeboat to get shot with the rest of them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:35 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I want these oilers and supply ships to be equipped with an Active Denial System as well as larger and more powerful version of the ultrasound gun that causes headaches and nausea. Most of those idiots can't swim, and when they jump off their boat to avoid the intense sensation that their skin is on fire, they will drown and/or become shark food.

This takes care of the non-lethal repelling devices...but, aside from that, these ships need to carry armed security details. I don't want untrained non-combatant mariners out there on the high seas trying to get in a gun fight with pirates. That role should be left up to a security detail that is skilled to perform that task. Something like Blackwater (or whatever they call themself these days) would be a good idea.

All of these companies being bilked for millions and millions of dollars of ransom would be wise to spend a fraction of that money on some preventive measures. Prevention instead of reaction...duh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:54 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Wakkagud wrote:
Found this with a little searching.

General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution....Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Somalia?

You'd have every crybaby liberal out there screaming that would be torture on an eternal level...denying them their heaven! How torturous!!!!!!

They behead our people. They burn their bodies and hang them from bridges. They proudly drag them through the streets. And that's not just Muslim extremists doing this stuff. While every do-gooder and moral police asshat out there would scream that we should not "stoop to their level", I am 100% onboard with something like this (and far more) for those who use their religion to do evil deeds. I say, at every opportunity, we use their religion against them. Do the above, cut off their heads, and then bury them upside down facing to the west so that animals (preferably meat eating pigs) can eat the parts of their body parts that are exposed above the dirt. Eternal damnation for you, you fucktard!

While that will not deter most extremists from doing what they do, I think it would send a powerful message that if they can use their religion to do evil then their religion can be used against them as well and deny their entrance to their heaven.

And as far as those assholes in Gitmo (and other undisclosed descret prisons around the world)...I say feed them nothing but pork products. Fuck them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:56 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

descret=secret...oops.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:30 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I don't have any empathy for actual terrorists and when it comes to the pirates they are getting closer to terrorists everyday with their leaders talking about killing any United States or French sailors they capture. I just don't see that helping. If you back them into a corner where their options are:

Surrender and get 'tortured' with pork.

or,

Get killed and take down as many Americans as they can in the process.

They are going to kill more Americans, and for what? Vengeance? I'm not arguing that they wouldn't deserve their own deaths just that it would result in more American deaths and serve no benefit other than feeling good because someone got their comeupins.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:58 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

If we kill them with bullets soaked in pig blood, it takes a bit away from the "get killed and take down Americans" option. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

If its get killed by pig blood tainted bullets or surrender and get fed pork I just don't see many surrendering themself to that. And the threat of sending them to hell might just enrage more Muslims and cause more extremism. Should our own Muslim soldiers have to handle pigs blood tainted bullets so they can shoot them at the Muslim extremists trying to kill us?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:25 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

There aren't a lot of Muslims in our forces and a very small fraction of them would be in a situation to execute fellow Muslims, if any at all. Regardless, if they can't carry out a lawful order, they should be released from active duty...just like consciencious objectioners do. There will always be some other soldier to take their place, happily I migh add, to send a Muslim extremist to hell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:28 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

objectioners do = objectioners are

migh = might

One of these days I'm gonna read what I typed before I hit submit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:11 PM 

Why we gotta kill teh piggies?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:29 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

For the bacon and sausage. The world revolves around bacon and sausage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 PM 

Quote:
General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the, now horrified, terrorists.

Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those virgins) and doomed to hell.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pig’s blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc.

They let the 50th man go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.

Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Somalia?

Two things:

1. Wow. If you really believe this is the way to go, then I'll go further than anyone has so far and say that you are less extreme in your views than the Muslims you wish to slaughter.

2. One may have nothing to do with the other. I could just as easily point out that color TV first aired in 1954, and we've never had Switzerland invade us since then! Color TV has saved us from the watchmakers! Frankly, as others have already mentioned, I would think that extremism would grow if this was really our policy, not reduce.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 PM 

ugh... that number 1 should read as follows (changed part bolded):

1. Wow. If you really believe this is the way to go, then I'll go further than anyone has so far and say that you are no less extreme in your views than the Muslims you wish to slaughter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:56 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Fribur wrote:
ugh... that number 1 should read as follows (changed part bolded):

1. Wow. If you really believe this is the way to go, then I'll go further than anyone has so far and say that you are no less extreme in your views than the Muslims you wish to slaughter.

Not really.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next