It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:31 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Megan McCain is only fat if you consider Man Coulter and Calista Flockhart to be normal sized.

Seriously, what is it with guys and skeletons nowadays?

Remember boobs, guys? C'mon, I know you remember those. I like my women with boobs. <3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:57 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Quote:
Megan McCain is only fat if you consider Man Coulter and Calista Flockhart to be normal sized.

Seriously, what is it with guys and skeletons nowadays?

Remember boobs, guys? C'mon, I know you remember those. I like my women with boobs. <3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
I like skinny girls and am not afraid to admit it. Ahhhh, how I miss heroine chic.

Honestly though, that shit rarely exists in real life (at least not in Cincinnati Ohio) unless the girl is under 18. By 22, most women here seem to have 2 kids or more and haven't seen "skinny" since graduation from highschool.

I know, I know, it is very unpopular to say you like skinny girls. I know most guys are going to say "I like a little meat" or whatever - not me though. I've always been a fan of the tiny girls.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Back to pundits...

There's a video floating around of Christopher Hitchens pistol whipping Mos Def on Bill Maher's show. If you don't know who Hitchens is, he's a pretty interesting read. I don't really agree with a lot of what he has to say, but he definitely doesn't pull punches. He recently got attacked and nearly abducted by some extremists when he defaced their signs in an unfriendly area of Beirut. Worth a read. Not very smart, but damn, good for you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/fe ... rut-attack

And here's the video. Ouch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
i think "pistol-whipping" is a pretty generous description of what happened there. yeah, mos should have been able to explain what he was saying if he's going to start to say something like that, hitchens was basically just saying "wait you're dumb" and apparently not really understanding the point mos was trying to make, or at least where he was going with it. i didn't think he was that hard to follow, and i don't think he was entirely wrong in his opinion, but when he said "bin laden doesn't seem real to me" hitchens hears "bin laden isn't real."

what

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:58 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I don't think I'm going to be able to embed this, so I think that I have to post the direct link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp ... 1#30145811

Rachel Maddow discusses Tea Bagging with Ana Marie Cox. I laughed so hard I almost lizzed (30 Rock reference). Seriously - just watch it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:00 PM 

nice.. god.. hehe

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:22 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Balearic
Hitchens is good -- very smart man. Lou Dobbs and Thomas Sowell are also very good. On the other hand, you have O'Reilly, who can be right at times, but is too self-righteous, and is mistakenly convinced that too many policy decisions revolve around money, not power. As for that douche Olbermann, he was a smarmy little shit when he used to mug for the camera on ESPN. Any dumbass who has to brag about going to Cornell has serious self-esteem issues.

On the radio, Hannity's a whiner ("unbelievable!"); I've never been a fan. Savage -- oy vey!! The man can have good points from time to time, but he's an asshat. Liddy's a shadow of his former self; the few times I've been able to hear him in the last few years, he's needed the help of his producer to make it through the show. Sad. Despite what a lot of you think, Limbaugh can be good sometimes (the "Obama recession" shit was a little bit of spitting in the eye of those people who blamed George Bush for every little thing that's wrong with the country, though Bush was responsible for a good part of our situation) but he takes the side of corporations more than I like. Beck's probably the most compelling of the lot right now, if for no other reason than he's saying what a good many people have been saying: We can't trust either party to do what's right for the country, and we need to stop this "It's George's fault/It's Barry's fault" crap.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:03 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Nice summary Phread. I'm pretty much even with you on all of this, except for people I've never heard of like Brian Williams or Rachel Maddows.

I don't consider Fox to be news; I consider it to be Obama hate-mongering and the bullshit commentary (read: propaganda) of the right. Then they have the nerve to use the motto "Fair and Balanced". More like "Far Right and Biased". There is absolutely nothing of worth coming from that network.

I'm not a fan of Steve Obermann on MSNBC because he is a pompus fuck, and he's not a fraction as funny as he thinks he is. He should really just go back to sports commentary. Also, he is orange. You ever notice that? The guy looks like a fucking oompaloompa.

I'm not a huge fan of Bill O'Reilly, but he has had a few moments where I've agreed with him. He does tend to callout some asshats, so I'll give him props there.

Nancy Grace must die. All she does is cover, ad nauseum I might add, girls with big pretty smiles that get murdered. That's it...that is all she does, besides annoy the fuck out of me with that ear-grating accent. She's worthless and must die!

Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh are simply assclowns. If you are a God-loving, gay-hating, bible-thumping, diehard Republican, then those people are for you and I don't care to associate myself with you.

John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are awesome, even if I don't always agree with all of their points of view. While both report on current events with a snarky tongue, I find John's outlook on the world is more inline with those with common sense.

SNL Week-End Update is the ROFL!

I like Anderson Cooper. He doesn't try to trump shit up or be a drama whore. Overall he is a pretty solid citizen.

Robin Meade...she's mine!! Mine I say!!!! She's to die for. Yum! If she had blue eyes...OMFGzorz! Oh, I like her news stuff too.

I don't get to catch NPR here, but I do watch the BBC from time to time. I like it better than any of the American networks like CNN, MSNBC, or Fox. If I were to rate just the American networks, I'd give CNN a 7, MSNBC a 5, and Fox a 1...all on a 10 scale. The BBC I would rate an 8.5. If I had the money, I would start an American version of the BBC. I wouldn't let the anchors inject their own opinion, no matter how good or bad it is. They are there to report the news, not give their opinion on it, and to give tough and pointed interviews.

I just want the news; the straight scoop. I don't want drama whore, sensationalistic, theatrical, hate-mongering, and cool dewd graphics ladden crap (Fox is a classic example of all of that crap). I don't give a fuck about Lacy Peterson or Natalie Hardaway. People get murdered all the time; what makes them so fucking special that they have to be covered for six months, nonstop? Crimes, unless they ainvolve a person of national interest (politician, etc.), should be kept to city/state media channels and never put on the national media channels because it simply irrelevant to 99.9999999999999% of the nation. Also, I don't want people tried in the court of public opinion. The media should not be allowed to report allegations or trials in progress; they should only be allowed to report on a situation when a verdict is reached. If someone is found guilty or innocent, report it...but until a verdict is reached, leave it the fuck alone! How can someone like a celebrity expect a fair trial when their face is broadcast on the news 24/7?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:45 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

wow... I'm pretty much with Bello 100% on that post.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Frogggystyle wrote:
I don't give a fuck about Lacy Peterson or Natalie Hardaway. People get murdered all the time; what makes them so fucking special that they have to be covered for six months, nonstop?

Apparently when a white female who isn't dog-ugly dies, it's a crime against humanity itself, and therefore we must be subjected to a year of Nancy Grace harping on it.

P.S. - Nancy Grace should die right alongside Ann Coulter. Did that bitch ever apologize to the Duke lacrosse team for the shit she was saying about them?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:54 PM 

EQ1: Balearic
Probably not. But since when has any media person ever truly apologized for anything?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Anderson Cooper:

At the :50 mark "It's hard to talk when you are teabagging"

classic.