It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:23 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Heh, I sorta remembered the transgender part but wasn't positive. Thanks for the tidbits though, didn't know about the cyber relationship. Either way, that whole situation... I don't know if "confused" quite covers it.

I just don't understand why this, and maybe even Aste-style drama, doesn't happen in WoW. Was it that EQ attracted a strong niche and somewhat "outside-the-norm" crowd? Even with the lack of community WoW has in comparison, it seems like some incidents should happen, but don't.

At the very least it's rare.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:27 PM 

Quote:
On that note, I'm hoping we can get a more detailed post from Khan defending his kids.
Consider that statement right there. It might be time to take a break, because you're taking the boards a bit too seriously if you really think anyone WITH kids would read a statement like that and come on a message board from a 5-year-old-dead game and do just that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:12 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Anathae is on the top of my list, to be sure. While Livak was pathetic, and Xianle vapid and careless, Anathae was as meticulous as s/he was whoring. It was only when you could get hir upset that the truth would come out. The little scrote used to follow me around in game and badger me after I called hir on some shit. Somehow found out about a few of my alts too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:53 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Syuni D'zpecyzczn wrote:
Anathae is on the top of my list, to be sure. While Livak was pathetic, and Xianle vapid and careless, Anathae was as meticulous as s/he was whoring. It was only when you could get hir upset that the truth would come out. The little scrote used to follow me around in game and badger me after I called hir on some shit. Somehow found out about a few of my alts too.

S/he did the SAME shit to me, remember? Even followed my posts around on the boards. Gods, I hated hir.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
My favorite moment, albeit off the forums, was when Anathae threatened to get me in criminal trouble for...sexual harassment. I had to explain that it's a civil issue, and a civil issue that requires an employer/employee relationship.

NOT IN CANADA!!!111 was proclaimed.

Yes, even in Canada.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
It was the one that came here asking for female masturbationary advice as it's last hurrah before being banned, then moved over to our Team Bro FFXI messageboard where we outed it there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:21 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Quote:
Lol, make sure to submit that to Reader's Digest and maybe you'll find someone who cares Khan. Needless to say, I have my doubts that the picture is quite that rosy. Trust me though, jealousy is the furthest thing from my mind. I'm more or less a little ticked that you probably won't be posting any more "problems" that you have on here about raising your kids.

Yeah, it can be hard to accept when you see someone else doing the kind of things that you wished your parents did with you I am sure.

As for the "picture being quite rosy" there are numerous people who frequent this board who been to my home and stayed over numerous times (1 person just this past weekend in fact) who can and HAVE attested to what kind of kids I have.

You see, unlike your pathetic boo-hoo for me life, mine is an open book. I don't hide behind a keyboard making grandiose posts about how great my life is (Skycrasher) or post diatribes contradicting peoples posts in attempt to be seen as an "intellectual" like you. Unlike most on here I am open and accessible to anyone and everyone. All one needs to do is PM or call me if they want to stop by and hang out or need a place to lay over while on a long road trip or just want some conversation, a meal and then push on. I don't hide behind my keyboard, the internet or my front door. Can you say that? I don't think so.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

He has a wife and kid, of course his life is great!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:12 PM 

I think that's like the second or third time someone's said I'm "attempting" to be intellectual, lol. I promise I won't let it go to my head, but 90 percent of the time I just type out exactly what comes out of my head. I figure the boards would be pretty boring if I(or anyone else) dotted every I and crossed every T in our posts. Anyway, I can't imagine what you would say if I spent more than 20 seconds thinking of what to say =)

Good stuff, keep it comin. Don't forget to defend your life again~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:46 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

EQ1: Wakkagud Ondahed
WoW: Slaaneshi
Eve Online Handle: Ackbarre
Quote:
As for the "picture being quite rosy" there are numerous people who frequent this board who been to my home and stayed over numerous times (1 person just this past weekend in fact) who can and HAVE attested to what kind of kids I have.

I've been to Khans house once and yes his kids are that way. Best behaved kids I've ever seen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:18 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, Khan and I might never agree on anything and he'd probably just eat me if he ever actually met me IRL, but he also seems like a pretty stand-up guy who cares for his kids well and doesn't cower in fear at the thought of breaking the internet/life barrier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:00 AM 

Nah Bovine, I am actually a pretty laid back guy and not near as intense as people who haven't met me think I am.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:07 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I'm don't doubt that you do a great job raising your kiddos, I just don't see why you always have to tell us how much your son weighs/benches. That's not exactly a character trait. :skewl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:29 AM 

It is exactly a character trait. Showing dedication and discipline in the pursuit of a goal is a fine character trait. He wants to play college ball and knows that the only way that will happen is if he works hard in class, on the field and in the weight room. Besides, there are several people on this board who like to keep tabs on him. Just because you don't doesn't mean I won't post the current stats.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 AM 
I schooled the old school.

For some of us, how big someone is doesn't impress us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:56 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
then don't read it.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
ID behave too if I was your son Khan! You may be laid back and nice but you look scary!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:08 AM 

Quote:
then don't read it.

You're retarded.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:46 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I still want to know who the "Anal for a bow" chick was. No one would ever say when it was all hitting the boards.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 AM 

well shucks. fribur isn't impressed.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:00 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

kermode wrote:
I still want to know who the "Anal for a bow" chick was. No one would ever say when it was all hitting the boards.

That was on Lanys? :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:18 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Khan's son shot me in the ass with a paintball gun, but I'm pretty sure I deserved it.

I've been around Khan's family and kids quite a bit and I do have to admit they're very well behaved.

Unfortunately, I can't recall a time in my interaction with Venen when I could say the same. From the trainmaster of Lower Guk to the days with Dumbasses of the Apocalypse, you've just never really shown the Lanys community excessive maturity or good decision making.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
And Bearne - If you had a stop in Indianapolis and needed a place to stay, I have no doubt that Khan would open his door to you and be very hospitable. You would probably rather enjoy his company as he's very easy to get along with in person.

I used to think he was a dick on the boards way back when. I remember when people first approached me about getting him into 7D I was like "That dick? No way" but I gave him a chance and found him rather likeable after getting to know him. Funny memories.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:53 PM 

First impressions mean a lot, just like with you and Khan. I tend to be a little more optimistic about people in general - that is, I think you'll probably find you can see good traits and get along with just about anyone if you spend some time interacting with them. That goes for people I dislike in general as well.

There are certainly some shitheads out there, but "hero in our own minds" is a rampant infection.

I'm a little different, I suppose. When I see people do incredibly dumb stuff in a game I tend to think they're just doing it for shits and giggles, not because they're a genuinely evil person. I tend to be cautious with first impressions like that, because I've found that most of the time when I dig deeper with said person there's a little more behind the curtain. Not always, mind you, but most of the time.

Call me naive, but I don't think I'd do that if I didn't have some faith in humanity being mostly good. I think it's far easier to chalk random_moron_00 who teamkilled me in Counter-Strike up as assmuncher.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:06 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
What?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:35 PM 

incoherent

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:38 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
For some of us, how big someone is doesn't impress us.

It's not about how big someone is, it's about the dedication required to get in really superb shape and stay that way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:52 PM 

Which words did you have trouble with Jox? Maybe I can help =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:32 PM 

What's your paypal acct again Xan, it won't accept the one I have.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:08 PM 

Venen, I think you read your posts and can see some profound point. The rest of us read your posts and get this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mmwu ... schola_fun

Specifically:

Quote:
There are certainly some shitheads out there, but "hero in our own minds" is a rampant infection.
I can't even make sense of that. It's nonsense.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 PM 

There really wasn't anything profound about it, I was simply commenting about first impressions and how people react to them(which Xanth mentioned twice).

As for the quote in question, I'll assume the "rampant infection" part is throwing you off. Ever heard of the term "kindness(or happiness) is infectious"? That's the idea. I can assure you I wasn't trying to be too inventive with that though... it's not something that's too often used in day to day speech, but it's hardly original either.

I'd prefer an example of where I've been shown to be desperately profound consisting of more than a figure of speech or two. You may as well pop up that video to anyone who uses more than 2 syllables... but again, I'm not very surprised when it comes from someone whose posts usually consist of 2 lines :lol:

Sometimes the shoe simply fits(Oops, I used a figure of speech again, let me hold your hand through this one).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:59 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:04 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I think he's lost it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:25 PM 

I half-expected the "Huh?" responses, easiest thing to say in a back and forth whenever there's a multi-paragraph post =D

English, motherfuckers - do you speak it?!

I'll try for shorter posts to prevent myself from becoming a Cicely! =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:30 PM 

Just to break it down because I'm bored, here's some stoneman speech to make it a bit more tangible for everyone:

Joxur ask question about English language and figure of speech<GRUNT Gurgling noise>. Me respond with explanation with why he stupid <Rapid Head-bonking motion against stone floor>.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:03 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
but "hero in our own minds" is a rampant infection.

It's funny how you say this then go on to act all superior and above everyone else. <3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:12 PM 

Heh, not sure where you get that idea. Just a couple figures of speech and you're not recognizing them hardly makes me superior in any way. Now, if someone says "what the fuck are you saying? incoherent moron" then yea, I'll probably say something that follows the lead =)

Think you're reading into it just a bit much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:41 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
but "hero in our own minds" is a rampant infection.

Quote:
Just to break it down because I'm bored, here's some stoneman speech to make it a bit more tangible for everyone:

Joxur ask question about English language and figure of speech<GRUNT Gurgling noise>. Me respond with explanation with why he stupid <Rapid Head-bonking motion against stone floor>.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:03 PM 

Quote:
Just a couple figures of speech and you're not recognizing them hardly makes me superior in any way.

Offline Profile