It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WE Surround Them
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

From time to time I listen to Glenn Beck (Big surprise right? :tongue9: ) on my way home, last night I heard him talk about this.

Glenn Beck February 5, 2009 - 2:20 ET wrote:

So I'm going to just ask you right now just to think of these things and just answer out loud. Just say to yourself yes or no. Yes or no. Is this who I am? Is this what I believe? Because I believe you and I agree on most of these.

1. Yes or no: Do you believe America is a good place, that we've lost our way over the years, that we have done bad things but generally speaking we tried hard. We try to make amends. We have tried to do the right thing. Just like everybody else, we fail from time to time and we have truly lost our way in the last 20 years. But gosh, if you look at America, she's good and our founders were good and our founding documents are good. We've just strayed too far away from them. Yes or no.

2. Yes or no: I believe in God. I may not go to the same church or synagogue or mosque as the majority of people in America, but I believe in God and he is the center of my life, and God does not tell people to behead others or to persecute others that see God in a different way. As long as that god is not telling them to persecute others.

Yes or no.

3. Yes or no: It is my responsibility to try to be better and a more honest person than I was yesterday. Sometimes I fail, I'll make mistakes, but it's my main mission to be better than I was personally than I was yesterday.

4. Yes or no: The family is sacred. I and my spouse are the ultimate authority under God when it comes to my family. I raise my family, and that comes with a grave responsibility. If I fail, I answer to God.

5. Yes or no: If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. Yes or no: I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but that is not a guarantee of equal results.

7. Yes or no: I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with others that I choose when I choose, should I choose. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for anyone to disagree with my opinion, but my opinion or others' opinions may be anti-American. Anti-American rhetoric would be anything that is destructive to the Constitution and our country as our founders understood it.

9. And the last one is the government works for me. The government answers to me. I do not answer to the government.

How many are there? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. There are nine of them. Do you agree with seven of them?

Here's what I want you to do. Step one: No matter where you are right now, I want you to take a picture of yourself. I want you to take a picture, and I ask you and you'll understand as we go in the next couple of weeks, I ask you if you could bring these and ask your children -- can we post these please on the Internet, on the website? I want you to ask as many people as you know, do you believe in these things? Just seven out of nine. Do you believe in them? Then will you please take a picture of yourself. If you ask your family and you ask your children tonight, do you believe in these things. Take a picture of your spouse. Not as a family. Take them one at a time and send them to me, e-mail them to me at -- what is the address, Stu? Wesurroundthem@gmail.com. This is how much I believe that you are not alone.

Web Site

I answered yes to 9 of them. The two I had the biggest problem with are 5 and 9, I believe that they should be yes but I think in todays US it is not yes.

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: WE Surround Them
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:21 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Caladaar
WoW: Dirka
Don't feed the trolls :\

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:51 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

That video is awesome.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:50 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Why does God always end up in these things anyway? =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 AM 

I got 4 yeses, and 2 of them were eh so-so. I like to hear Beck sometimes cause its funny how much of a dumb fuck he is most of the time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
"Yes or No" is a cheap oversimplification, and a horrible way to get around a debate. "Yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife?" So, I'll answer the questions as I see fit.

1. A country is neither good nor evil. Is America a place that supports and promotes the concept of individual liberty over security? Yes. If you believe that is 'good' (and I do), great. But that does not shade the country itself with a moral compass.

2. No. I do not dismiss the shard of a fragment of a possibility of a deity, but I no longer believe in an involved deity who watches over our every action and judges us for our tiniest transgressions of laws written for a nomadic, tribal culture.

3. As a super-agnostic, borderline atheist, I believe strongly in personal growth as it is the only way towards a better life (outside of dumb luck) for myself and my children. My personal ethics hold honesty, effort, and courtesy in high regard.

4. My family is the only thing on this planet worth dying for. I am the head, along with my wife, of my family. Our rules are sacrosanct. That said, we are not flawless creatures, and we do not rule over our children with a rod. If there is a problem in our judgement, we admit it, and work to remedy the problem.

5. If you avail yourself of the rights of a citizen, you owe that city, state or country the other half of the coin - the respect of the law.

6. Meh, what, are we gonna quote the whole constitution next? Yes, I have the right. No, I'm not taking the bait about social doctrine in this question.

7. Plainly yes. However, Government also has a responsibility to its people, and can choose to spend its income (taxes) on charitable works. If you have a problem with that, then change your representation.

8. Two parts. It is not "un-American" for anyone to disagree with my opinion. I agree. But it is also not "Anti-American" to disagree with how the law is currently established, or even to work to change the law, including the constitution, so long as it is done peacably and without infringing on the rights of others.

9. As a citizen of a representative democracy, a multi-tiered republic, I elect those who will represent me. Their decisions, when taken with my needs and wishes in mind, are binding. If I feel their decisions are poor, I elect a different representative, and work to reverse the decision. This tiered structure indeed means I do answer to the government - when I file my taxes, get a license, register for the selective service, and so on. Happily, the government also answers to me.

That should feed the troll nicely. Dinner's on, boy!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:39 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
1. Yes - We do more good in the world than most other countries.

2. Yes - and Christians, Muslims, and Jews all have the same God.

3. Yes

4. Somewhat - he is a little deep on this one. It is the ultimate judge of a man on how his children become. It is my responsibility to provide for my children the best that I can and to prepare them to do the same for their children. If I fail I am failing them.

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Yes, and Anti-American is not illegal nor banned.

9. Yes

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:32 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
1. Yes or no: Do you believe America is a good place, that we've lost our way over the years, that we have done bad things but generally speaking we tried hard. We try to make amends. We have tried to do the right thing. Just like everybody else, we fail from time to time and we have truly lost our way in the last 20 years. But gosh, if you look at America, she's good and our founders were good and our founding documents are good. We've just strayed too far away from them. Yes or no.

2. Yes or no: I believe in God. I may not go to the same church or synagogue or mosque as the majority of people in America, but I believe in God and he is the center of my life, and God does not tell people to behead others or to persecute others that see God in a different way. As long as that god is not telling them to persecute others.

Yes or no.

3. Yes or no: It is my responsibility to try to be better and a more honest person than I was yesterday. Sometimes I fail, I'll make mistakes, but it's my main mission to be better than I was personally than I was yesterday.

4. Yes or no: The family is sacred. I and my spouse are the ultimate authority under God when it comes to my family. I raise my family, and that comes with a grave responsibility. If I fail, I answer to God.

5. Yes or no: If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. Yes or no: I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but that is not a guarantee of equal results.

7. Yes or no: I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with others that I choose when I choose, should I choose. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for anyone to disagree with my opinion, but my opinion or others' opinions may be anti-American. Anti-American rhetoric would be anything that is destructive to the Constitution and our country as our founders understood it.

9. And the last one is the government works for me. The government answers to me. I do not answer to the government.

1) Yes - Sort of a dumb one I guess, but I suppose I believe our nation tries to be a "good" one.

2) No - Heh, anyone here should know this about me.

3) Yes - Another no-brainer. Who elses' responsibility would it be?

4) No - People will rail at me about this one...but sometimes, no, the family is NOT the final word in regards to children. Sometimes society has to step in on behalf of the children.

5) No - Cynical as it may be, I know full well that the laws that apply to me will not always apply to those in positions of great wealth, power, or influence.

6) Yes - The basic rights are all there, but we'll all end up in different places in the end.

7) No - This already happens...we pay taxes out of our hard-earned money and the government distributes it as they see fit. /shrug

8) Yes - Sort of a strange one, but sure...sometimes one might have an opinion that is deemed anti-american, but might that not just mean they have something on their mind about their nation that might be in need of improvement? Is protest not something that is important and valued in America? The Constitution and laws are not infallible.

9) No - Yeah, right. I answer to the government. Always been that way. The ideal of a government that answers to the people really just won't work on large scales anyway.

Man, mine looks really cynical with all those "no" marks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:07 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
Quote:

No. A nation is only as good as its people. The American people have committed both horrendous crimes and wonderful acts of kindness. We're schizo in that way.

Quote:
No. I would probably agree with this statement except for the clause at the end, "as long as that god is not telling them to persecute others". If someone believes that their God is telling them to persecute others, that does not give others permission to persecute or behead them first.

Quote:
Yes, but only because it's so damned vague as to be meaningless. I'm pretty darn sure that I define "better" quite a bit differently than most others here.

Quote:
No. You are not the final arbiter of your family and children, the law is.

Quote:
Ideally, yes. Justice is blind. Sadly, judges and legislators are not.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
No. A sizable portion of our income is used as the people we choose to represent us tell us to.

Quote:
Yes and No. It is not un-American for people to disagree, but it is also not un-American to perform acts that are destructive to how the founders understood America should be. There were a lot of founders, and they didn't all agree on what America should be. Which should we care about, and which should be throw away?

Quote:
No. We obviously answer to the government, just as the government answers to us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:05 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

He ask you to answer Yes or No. But then asks you what color is the sky. It retarded. Look at the first question; In the first line he asks 3 seperate questions. Putting enphasis on is America a good place through out the question. As if you agree then the rest must be try.

Guy rambles too much and it's all about ratings.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:39 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
I still think a slow, jacking-off motion is the most appropriate answer to all of them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Yeah that video is fucking great!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 PM