It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:48 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

rugen wrote:
You are starting to remind me of closet cases that go on and on about how much they love pussy.

Alright, and after it's all over, you say "Ooh, what a lovely tea party".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:55 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:44 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Excellent post Neesha, and I'm sorry about your mother(sincerely).

And I think even in the case Skycrasher described where the kid seems like a bit of a no-life, there is no reason that person could not one day end up being a strong benefit to society. Depression, and suicidal thoughts are almost always a temporary thing in certain peoples' lives when we aren't talking about things like terminal illness, etc. Some people having a lot more trouble getting past that phase than others, *especially* without sympathy, help and support.

To answer Sky's question about what he can do: Anything you can. Talk to him, be his friend, help him whenever he needs it, do what you can to encourage him to see a psychiatrist about it, and most importantly: Don't "pussy" out and lose all sympathy when you suddenly feel like he's dragged the suicide thing on too long. That, more than anything, shows your limited capacity for sympathy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:53 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I'm so sorry about your mom Neesha.

And in regards to what Vanamar has said, absolutely I have no problems with taking my own life, and the people close to me know this. My main medical problem sucks balls, and even at it's worst life is still absolutely worth living to me. But it's an incredible comfort to me knowing that I don't *have* to bear more than I can bear. I'm not talking about being depressed, or temporary setbacks, I'm talking about when life itself isn't worth living because of a chronic condition which reaches a point where it can't get better and the quality of one's life isn't worthwhile, or a terminal illness I'm not going to drag to the end to.

There are places in the world thankfully where euthanasia is legal and people are allowed to die with dignity. Many of them choose NOT to, and decide to go to the very end.

Having the choice is an immense comfort. I know it is for me.

If the Skycrashers of the world don't understand that...I really don't care. I think that barely scratches the surface of what they fail to understand in life...and the very least of their problems. I have nothing but pity for people of his ilk, and you're wasting your time trying to describe a rainbow to someone who's not so much blind as wearing shit covered goggles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

xskycrasherx wrote:
I don't know who came up with that rule about how someone says they have a great life makes it false, that's pretty stupid because I'm here to tell you I have an awesome life, and it's certainly 100% authentic.
Simple - when you're good, people tell you about. You don't have to tell them. The fact that you spout off about how great your life is reflects your insecurities. The fact that you constantly remind everyone, "you're going to law school" reflects the reality that you think somehow passing the bar will let you step up from the doldrums of mediocrity to something more.

As I posted in "your thread", I don't hate you. I pity you and am confused by you. On one hand, you try to be accepted and then on the other you blather. The only explanation is you have some bipolar thing going on.

I don't know much abour real life in general, but I know this - how people think about you on the internet generally reflects how people REALLY think about you in real life. I mean, where else is your real personality fully on display and measured?

If you're a complete douchebad in person, like you are on the boards, there is no way you have any real friends. Maybe if you're very wealthy or very good-looking, people will overlook your horrible personality. But short of those attributes, who you are on the internet is most likely who you are in real life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Dang Neesha, that really hits close to home. I'm sorry to hear that.

The best way I can explain my point of view is that I think outside of extenuating circumstances like a terminal illness where you're going to die anyway, taking your own life is jus beyond me as to being the right thing to do. Degrassi High had it right. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problrm. I can't understand how people think their families and the world are better off without them. I guess some of the anger that comes from having lost friends like that pushes me into thinking that yeah, the world really is better off without you.

Suicide is never the answer and there is no real way to justify it in my opinion.

Sorry about your loss man. Guess my view has changed a lil bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I used to jump in on the battle against sky with everyone, but we've had this conversation so many times. We should all know by now not to take him too seriously when he says stupid shit. He enjoys it too much when the thread becomes about him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:16 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Fuck, I had all kinds of smart ass stuff to say like "I wanted to kill myself once, but then realized the beer bottles had twist off caps..." but in light of Neesha's loss I will refrain.

Sorry for your loss Neesha. I buried 2 dads, one at age 9 one at 23. Losing a parent is tough no matter what the age or circumstance of the loss.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:00 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Thanks for the kind words. Kinda makes all the petty bullshit on the boards pretty silly in retrospect.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
indeed, my heart goes out to your family.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:12 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Hey sky, you're filling my Pariah shoes pretty well. Keep it up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:19 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Caladaar
WoW: Dirka
i hate my state :(

Offline Profile