It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:25 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

From Huffington Post:
Quote:
Chris Matthews appeared on "Morning Joe" Thursday morning, and in the context of discussing the Obama transition — and Rahm Emanuel's motives for waffling on the chief of staff position — told Joe Scarborough it is not his job to question Emanuel's motives.

"You know what?" Matthews said. "I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new Presidency work."

Scarborough and co-host Mika Brzezinski pressed Matthews on his claim, asking if it his his job as a journalist to make the Presidency work.

"Yeah, that's my job. My job is to help this country...to make this work succsesfully, because this country needs a successful Presidency, more than anything right now," Matthews said.
I've been a long time watcher of Hardball, since the 2000 election really. For those of you who don't watch Hardball, or recently began watching, this would come as no surprise to you. Matthews has been far up Obama's ass for some time now. But for long time watchers like myself, there has been a stark change in Matthews. From 2000-2006 Matthews was just as far up Bush's ass. I spent many a night yelling at the TV over the ridiculousness being spewed by Matthews. Matthews was a Bush and war cheerleader for a long, long time. I kept watching because I still liked Matthews, and enjoyed his excitement for politics.

But in my estimation, his transformation began around the Plame scandal. He slowly started turning away from Bush, and started bashing him. Watching it, I've just figured he was a finger to the wind kind of guy. Blowing the direction he thought would get him the highest ratings. And I still think that to a large extent.

But then Bob Somerby over at the Daily Howler linked me something I didn't know from Real Clear Politics:
Quote:
Now no longer the center ring for the traveling Democratic presidential nomination circus, Pennsylvania's inventive political community has discovered a new favorite political parlor game to while away the brisk springtime evenings: will Chris Matthews, the irrepressible host of MSNBC's Hardball, step down from his pundits perch to run for the US Senate against Arlen Specter in 2010? To a remarkable degree, speculation abounds over this possibility in the Keystone State.
Quote:
Publicly Matthews has done little to disguise his interest in the race. Asked if he was running on a recent Colbert cable show, Matthews said this: "Did you ever want to be something your whole life...? When you grow up, some kids want to be a fireman. I want to be a Senator....There's a difference between being a celebrity and working for the people. And it's a greater thing to work for the people than being on television."
I think it's clear he is going to run based on the serious Democratic ass he's been kissing. How many will remember his ridiculous cheerleading from 2000-2006? I'm guessing very few.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:48 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Gotta love the non-biased media.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:34 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Hard ball has been a joke for 3+ years.

They should rename it to Whiffle ball.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:57 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I like Hardball and Chris Matthews (Meet the Press is still better though, imo), although personally I think it's hard to stomach whenever he says he's an Independent when, at least the last few years, he has been clearly been in the Democratic camp. At least he is easier to stomach than Keith Olbermann, who borders on fanaticism. I personally think Keith has a screw loose somewhere, maybe in his personal life. If he had a bunch of skeletons come out of his closet one day, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. If he shot someone out of anger one day, I wouldn't be surprised.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:04 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I wouldn't want to stand between KO and Mrs. Precious Perfect!

Offline Profile