It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:46 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

People are still not getting what is really important here, and that is:<
>
<
>
1. The administration misled the world about the Niger reports.<
>
2. To protect the case for war, they smeared a dissenter's wife and put her in harm's way. To me, this is doubly bad given that Plame, in working undercover, undertook a fair amount of personal risk and was essentially betrayed by her country.<
>
3. In promising to investigate the leak, the Bush administration assured us that anyone involved would be gone. Not only was that not done with Libby (he was allowed to resign), Karl Rove is still on the team and was involved, whether he committed a crime or not. - joxur<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:55 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Quote: People are still not getting what is really important here, and that is:<
>
<
>
Yeah, I agree they are big problems, but as Surcam pointed out, they are also symptoms of an even larger all encompassing problem.<
>
<
>
The free press are America's eye's and ears, if we cannot rely on them to print the facts objectively, we are made blind, deaf and dumb.<
>
<
>
News skewed through government sources to be reported by the press is called propaganda, and I remember a time when it was frowned upon. And without it, the dubya administration would not be able to get away with half the shit they did. Arch Lich of Lanys (Retired)<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:28 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
There is also such a thing as due process.<
>
<
>
The news was objective at some point? What it's suffering from now I think is scoop-ism. They want to be first to the street and run with what they are given. So much of it ends up being fed to them. It's not propaganda, just poor practice. <
>
<
>
Sarissa Candyangel <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:34 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Thanks for these posts, Surcam. I know there isn't a ton of feedback to them, but they are being read. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:55 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Quote:It's not propaganda, just poor practice. <
>
<
>
When it's fed from the white house, and they use it as an example to affirm their leak is true, then it's propaganda. Arch Lich of Lanys (Retired)<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:45 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Quote:The free press are America's eye's and ears, if we cannot rely on them to print the facts objectively, we are made blind, deaf and dumb.<
>
<
>
News skewed through government sources to be reported by the press is called propaganda, and I remember a time when it was frowned upon. And without it, the dubya administration would not be able to get away with half the shit they did.I really think that the media is intimidated by all of the talk about how they are liberal and biased. Unfortunately, it really kinda is. But it's not biased because of a grand conspiracy to nominate one party over another, it is biased by the fact that all publishers have to be accountable for a bottom line, whether it's advertising or selling subscriptions. And publishers will write about what sells.<
>
<
>
This is why we see shit on the top of CNN.com regarding what Joey Buttofuoco is up to instead of anything really meaningful and deep that is of real importance to the country.<
>
<
>
I hate to say it, but we all know that those of us who talk about politics and national security with any sort of regularity are the minority in America. Go talk to some average Joe in a department store and you will be surprised at how little he knows about current events. - joxur<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:13 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Quote:Go talk to some average Joe in a department store and you will be surprised at how little he knows about current events.<
>
<
>
I won't be at all surprised, because I encounter it all the time. I try and talk about these things all the time because I'm also looking for different perspectives, new insight, and an opportunity to argue/learn.<
>
<
>
And mostly what I encounter is apathy and ignorance. But they can tell me all about who Jennifer Lopez is dating, or what's going on with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.<
>
<
>
Thank goodness for the internet because without it, I'd never get to talk/read about these things. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:21 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Woodward apologizes to post for silence.<
>
<
>
The plot thickens. Woodward reveals that he learned about Plame prior to Libby telling reporters. Some are saying that Woodward was Libby's source which means he's telling the truth when he says he learned the info from a reporter. However, Fitzgerald's indictment states Libby got the info from Cheney. Hmmmm<
>
<
>
Funny that Woodward was out trashing this investigation, never once revealing his own involvement in the Plame leak.<
>
<
>
So who was Woodward's source then?<
>
<
>
New Disclosure Could Prolong Inquiry on Leak<
>
<
>
Quote:A senior administration official said that neither President Bush himself, nor his chief of staff, Andrew H. Card Jr., nor his counselor, Dan Bartlett, was Mr. Woodward's source. So did spokesmen for former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, former C.I.A. Director George J. Tenet and his deputy John E. McLaughlin.<
>
<
>
A lawyer for Karl Rove, the deputy White House chief of staff who has acknowledged conversations with reporters about the case and remains under investigation, said Mr. Rove was not Mr. Woodward's source.<
>
<
>
Vice President Cheney did not join the parade of denials. A spokeswoman said he would have no comment on an ongoing investigation. Several other officials could not be reached for comment.<
>
<
>
Hmmmmm. Isn't it funny how the administration selectively won't comment on an ongoing investigation? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:25 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Prolonging this inquiry only works in the republican's favor. It takes it off the front page and moves it to Op/Ed columns on the topic, taking it out of the lime light enough to eventually be swept under the carpet as the Republican's attack democrats on their pre-war stance to obfuscate the real question of 'Did you fuck around with Pre-War intelligence figures or not, Mr. Bush"<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:07 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Could get interesting again. Fitzgerald is apparently presenting evidence in front of a grand jury tomorrow. There's much speculation about why it took Rove so long to come clean about being Cooper's source with the grand jury after being tipped off by Viveca Novak that the Times was buzzing about him being the source. He didn't reveal that he was Cooper's source to the grand jury until 5 months after his conversation with Novak. It is now very hard to believe Rove simply forgot that he was Cooper's source.<
>
<
>
Anyway, Fitzgerald may be asking for indictments against Rove possibly tomorrow or in the coming weeks. This story keeps coming back and so does my thread! <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:03 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Bush: Hands Possibly as Dirty as Scooter Libby's<
>
<
>
Quote:In shocking news today, the New York Sun reports that Scooter Libby was authorized by none other than President Bush to leak critical Iraq intelligence to The New York Times. The dope, according to Libby's grand jury testimony, was from a highly classified " National Intelligence Estimate" and was given to a Times reporter in 2003. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:59 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Surprise Surprise Surprise Arch Lich of Lanys (Retired)<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:39 PM 
The all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

EQ1: Arkayn x2 on Lanys and Arkaynx on Stromm transfer
WoW: Arkayn
No one ever blames "The Big Kahuna" when facing prosecution!!!<
>
<
>
Signed,<
>
<
>
Hermann Goering and Heinrich Himler <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:19 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

So...you're saying Bush is Hitler? <
>
Keep my head from exploding?...<b>You can help!</b><i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 PM 

Yep. Expect a quick marriage to Condi, followed the next day by a mutual suicide in an underground bunker in DC shortly. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:39 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Yea I wonder who else could have authorized it... HRMMM "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."<
>
- Thomas Edison<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:44 PM 

Quote: Yea I wonder who else could have authorized it... HRMMM<
>
Not to play wacky conspiracy theory guy here, but why don't you tell Kennedy how much power he had over the CIA. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:43 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

"No we didn't do that! Tha would be wrong. If we find out who did they will be punished."<
>
<
>
"Yes we did it, but if you stand on your head, and light from a star bounces off swamp gas and blinds your sense of legality, technically the president has every right to do this!"<
>
<
>
Tried and true. Stick with what's been working so far. <i></i>

"State that opinion in my presence, you fucktard, and I'll show you how valid it is when I'm kicking the shit out of you."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:05 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Rove's Time in Limbo Near End in CIA Leak Case<
>
<
>
Seems to me indictments are imminent. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:37 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
<i></i>

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:19 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

Nah, he looks innocent to me.<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:22 PM 

Heh, wrong pic, but for the first time I'm happy there's no edit here since I LOVE that pic, even out-of-context. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:38 PM 

P.P.S. Here's the Rove pic:<
>
<
>
(Karl Rove from American Dad) <
>
<
>
Three posts to show the right pic. I lose at teh intraweb. Let this be a lesson, kids: Don't toke and type. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:28 PM 
What does this button do?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bo...20957.html<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Quote:<
>
I haven't been able to find additional confirmation of this, but Jason Leopold at Truthout is reporting that Karl Rove was indicted yesterday on charges of perjury and lying to investigators.<
>
<
>
"Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald spent more than half a day Friday at the offices of Patton Boggs, the law firm representing Karl Rove.<
>
<
>
During the course of that meeting, Fitzgerald served attorneys for former Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove with an indictment charging the embattled White House official with perjury and lying to investigators related to his role in the CIA leak case, and instructed one of the attorneys to tell Rove that he has 24 hours to get his affairs in order, high level sources with direct knowledge of the meeting said Saturday morning."<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Could it be? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:47 PM 

The couldn't fit his whole forehead in the picture?<
>
<
>
On a more serious note I just noticed the date on that picture says 07 24 05. I'm assuming that number is month day year. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:19 PM 

I don't think it's supposed to be from this weekend if as the guy is claiming he's supposed to get his affairs in order. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:20 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Thats just some redneck they picked up for giving blowjobs in the park bathrooms. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:46 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

http://www.realitybasednation.co...7/03-week/<
>
<
>
Evidently the origin of the picture.<
>
<
>
Captioned with:<
>
Quote:Wanted for treason: Karl Ruprect Rove<
>
By Bob Cesca <
>
<
>
Followed by: Quote:Ted Rall encapsulates everything
illiantly here<
>
<
>
"here" linked to:<
>
news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/kar...mabinladen<
>
<
>
Which is no longer available.<
>
<
>
The best I can determine, it probably linked one of the two following:<
>
http://www.uexpress.com/tedrall/...e=20050705<
>
http://www.uexpress.com/tedrall/...e=20050712<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:56 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Hoping we finally get to know Rove's fate this week. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:12 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Fitzgerald does not anticipate indicting Karl Rove.<
>
<
>
Surprised me, but there ya go. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:19 AM 

Proseuctors officially announced yesterday that they will not file charges against Rove. <
>
LiNkZoRs<
>
<
>
<
>
President of the Ted Kennedy School of Aquatic Safety<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Abysmul
WoW: Who
This is as good as thread as any for this:<
>
<
>
<
>
My Role in the Valerie Plame Leak Story<
>
- Robert Novak<
>
<
>
click here<
>
<
>
Quote:In my sworn testimony, I said what I have contended in my columns and on television: Joe Wilson's wife's role in instituting her husband's mission was revealed to me in the middle of a long interview with an official who I have previously said was not a political gunslinger. After the federal investigation was announced, he told me through a third party that the disclosure was inadvertent on his part.<
>
<
>
Following my interview with the primary source, I sought out the second administration official and the CIA spokesman for confirmation. I learned Valerie Plame's name from Joe Wilson's entry in "Who's Who in America."<
>
<
>
I considered his wife's role in initiating Wilson's mission, later confirmed by the Senate Intelligence Committee, to be a previously undisclosed part of an important news story. I reported it on that basis. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:36 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

The thread that never dies! Woot! <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:13 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Plame sues Rove, Cheney, Libby...accusing them and other White House officials of conspiring to destroy her career.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
The Birth of Tarot (NSFW)<
><
>
Keep my head from exploding?...<b>You can help!</b><i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:51 AM 

Man, from everything I've read I think Cheney was the primary source. But that's pure speculation. I really don't think she has much of a case against Rove based on what his lawyer and Novak has said. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:49 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Unless Plame has something hard proving her claim, I doubt she has a chance to win in court. Novak sure won't help her case much. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:57 AM 

Armitage is the source. Witch hunt over. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:59 AM 
I schooled the old school.

<
>
good thing you bumped this! The link in the other thread wouldn't have helped anyone find it!<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:27 AM 

Well so many people had so much to say about it. Plus I put it in the wrong place. Surcam said this thread would never die.<
>
<
>
This is interesting:<
>
<
>
The Newsweek Story<
>
<
>
<
>
The Man Who Said Too Much <
>
A book coauthored by NEWSWEEK's Michael Isikoff details Richard Armitage's central role in the Valerie Plame leak.<
>
By Michael Isikoff<
>
Newsweek<
>
<
>
<
>
Updated: 10:12 a.m. CT Aug 28, 2006<
>
Sept. 4, 2006 issue - In the early morning of Oct. 1, 2003, Secretary of State Colin Powell received an urgent phone call from his No. 2 at the State Department. Richard Armitage was clearly agitated. As recounted in a new book, "Hu
is: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War," Armitage had been at home reading the newspaper and had come across a column by journalist Robert Novak. Months earlier, Novak had caused a huge stir when he revealed that Valerie Plame, wife of Iraq-war critic Joseph Wilson, was a CIA officer. Ever since, Washington had been trying to find out who leaked the information to Novak. The columnist himself had kept quiet. But now, in a second column, Novak provided a tantalizing clue: his primary source, he wrote, was a "senior administration official" who was "not a partisan gunslinger." Armitage was shaken. After reading the column, he knew immediately who the leaker was. On the phone with Powell that morning, Armitage was "in deep distress," says a source directly familiar with the conversation who asked not to be identified because of legal sensitivities. "I'm sure he's talking about me."<
>
<
>
Armitage's admission led to a flurry of anxious phone calls and meetings that day at the State Department. (Days earlier, the Justice Department had launched a criminal investigation into the Plame leak after the CIA informed officials there that she was an undercover officer.) Within hours, William Howard Taft IV, the State Department's legal adviser, notified a senior Justice official that Armitage had information relevant to the case. The next day, a team of FBI agents and Justice prosecutors investigating the leak questioned the deputy secretary. Armitage acknowledged that he had passed along to Novak information contained in a classified State Department memo: that Wilson's wife worked on weapons-of-mass-destruction issues at the CIA. (The memo made no reference to her undercover status.) Armitage had met with Novak in his State Department office on July 8, 2003—just days before Novak published his first piece identifying Plame. Powell, Armitage and Taft, the only three officials at the State Department who knew the story, never
eathed a word of it publicly and Armitage's role remained secret.<
>
<
>
Armitage, a well-known gossip who loves to dish and receive juicy tidbits about Washington characters, apparently hadn't thought through the possible implications of telling Novak about Plame's identity. "I'm afraid I may be the guy that caused this whole thing," he later told Carl Ford Jr., State's intelligence chief. Ford says Armitage admitted to him that he had "slipped up" and told Novak more than he should have. "He was basically beside himself that he was the guy that f---ed up. My sense from Rich is that it was just chitchat," Ford recalls in "Hu
is," to be published next week by Crown and co-written by the author of this article and David Corn, Washington editor of The Nation magazine.<
>
<
>
<
>
As it turned out, Novak wasn't the only person Armitage talked to about Plame. Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward has also said he was told of Plame's identity in June 2003. Woodward did not respond to requests for comment for this article, but, as late as last week, he referred reporters to his comments in November 2005 that he learned of her identity in a "casual and offhand" conversation with an administration official he declined to identify. According to three government officials, a lawyer familiar with the case and an Armitage confidant, all of whom would not be named discussing these details, Armitage told Woodward about Plame three weeks before talking to Novak. Armitage has consistently refused to discuss the case; through an assistant last week he declined to comment for this story. Novak would say only: "I don't discuss my sources until they reveal themselves."<
>
<
>
<
>
Armitage's central role as the primary source on Plame is detailed for the first time in "Hu
is," which recounts the leak case and the inside battles at the CIA and White House in the run-up to the war. The disclosures about Armitage, gleaned from interviews with colleagues, friends and lawyers directly involved in the case, underscore one of the ironies of the Plame investigation: that the initial leak, seized on by administration critics as evidence of how far the White House was willing to go to smear an opponent, came from a man who had no apparent intention of harming anyone.<
>
<
>
Indeed, Armitage was a member of the administration's small moderate wing. Along with his boss and good friend, Powell, he had deep misgivings about President George W. Bush's march to war. A barrel-chested Vietnam vet who had volunteered for combat, Armitage at times expressed disdain for Dick Cheney and other administration war hawks who had never served in the military. Armitage routinely returned from White House meetings shaking his head at the armchair warriors. "One day," says Powell's former chief of staff Larry Wilkerson, "we were walking into his office and Rich turned to me and said, 'Larry, these guys never heard a bullet go by their ears in anger ... None of them ever served. They're a bunch of jerks'."<
>
<
>
But officials at the White House also told reporters about Wilson's wife in an effort to discredit Wilson for his public attacks on Bush's handling of Iraq intelligence. Karl Rove confirmed to Novak that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA, and days later offered the same information to Time reporter Matt Cooper. The inquiry into the case led to the indictment of Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Armitage himself was aggressively investigated by special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald, but was never charged. Fitzgerald found no evidence that Armitage knew of Plame's covert CIA status when he talked to Novak and Woodward. The decision to go to the FBI that panicky October afternoon also may have helped Armitage. Powell, Armitage and Taft were aware of the perils of a cover-up—all three had lived through the Iran-contra scandal at the Defense Department in the late 1980s.<
>
<
>
<
>
Taft, the State Department lawyer, also felt obligated to inform White House counsel Alberto Gonzales. But Powell and his aides feared the White House would then leak that Armitage had been Novak's source—possibly to embarrass State Department officials who had been unenthusiastic about Bush's Iraq policy. So Taft told Gonzales the bare minimum: that the State Department had passed some information about the case to Justice. He didn't mention Armitage. Taft asked if Gonzales wanted to know the details. The president's lawyer, playing the case by the book, said no, and Taft told him nothing more. Armitage's role thus remained that rarest of Washington phenomena: a hot secret that never leaked. <
>
<
>
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14533384/site/newsweek/
<
>
<
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<
>
<
>
© 2006 MSNBC.com <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:37 AM 

Quote:But officials at the White House also told reporters about Wilson's wife in an effort to discredit Wilson for his public attacks on Bush's handling of Iraq intelligence. Karl Rove confirmed to Novak that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA, and days later offered the same information to Time reporter Matt Cooper. <
>
<
>
The admission that it was Armitage doesn't make this quoted above any more acceptable.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:49 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Fribur you hater. This thread deserved to be bumped. And no, it will never die damnit.<
>
<
>
Very interesting to hear Armitage is the man. I'm still waiting for more info though. Lets not forget about the pending Libby trial. This is far from over, and so is this thread. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/0...nted=print<
>
<
>
Quote: An enduring mystery of the C.I.A. leak case has been solved in recent days, but with a new twist: Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the prosecutor, knew the identity of the leaker from his very first day in the special counsel’s chair, but kept the inquiry open for nearly two more years before indicting I. Lewis Libby Jr., Vice President Dick Cheney’s former chief of staff, on obstruction charges.<
>
<
>
Now, the question of whether Mr. Fitzgerald properly exercised his prosecutorial discretion in continuing to pursue possible wrongdoing in the case has become the subject of rich debate on editorial pages and in legal and political circles. <
>
<
>
This thread will never die. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:48 PM 

Quote:Karl Rove confirmed to Novak that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA<
>
<
>
Still my favorite part of the article. I like how it's way down at the end as if it doesn't matter. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:42 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

This was interesting:<
>
<
>
What Valerie Plame Really Did at the CIA - joxur<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:25 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2...1433.shtml<
>
<
>
more good stuff:<
>
<
>
Quote:"Oh I feel terrible. Every day, I think I let down the president. I let down the Secretary of State. I let down my department, my family and I also let down Mr. and Mrs. Wilson," he says.<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:00 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I don't feel sorry for him. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:14 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

You heartless bastard! <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:09 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9.htm<
>
<
>
Pasting the text because the link will change eventually:<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Quote:NOVAK: ARMITAGE DID NOT TELL ALL<
>
Wed Sep 13 2006 08:37:07 ET<
>
<
>
"When Richard Armitage finally acknowledged last week he was my source three years ago in revealing Valerie Plame Wilson as a CIA employee, the former deputy secretary of state's interviews obscured what he really did," Bob Novak claims in a column set for Thursday release.<
>
<
>
Novak, attempting to set the reocrd straight writes: "First, Armitage did not, as he now indicates, merely pass on something he had heard and that he 'thought' might be so. Rather, he identified to me the CIA division where Mrs. Wilson worked, and said flatly that she recommended the mission to Niger by her husband, former Amb. Joseph Wilson. Second, Armitage did not slip me this information as idle chitchat, as he now suggests. He made clear he considered it especially suited for my column."<
>
<
>
Novak slams Armitage for holding back all this time.<
>
<
>
Armitage's silence for "two and one-half years caused intense pain for his colleagues in government and enabled partisan Democrats in Congress to falsely accuse Rove of being my primary source," Novak explains.<
>
<
>
"When Armitage now says he was mute because of special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's request, that does not explain his silent three months between his claimed first realization that he was the source and Fitzgerald's appointment on Dec. 30. Armitage's tardy self-disclosure is tainted because it is deceptive."<
>
<
>
Developing... <i></i>

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:28 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

If you have interest in this story I recommend the <a href="http://bloggingheads.tv/?id=135">latest diavlog</a> from BloggingheadsTV between co-author of the new book <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307346811/sr=8-1/qid=1156557686/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8">Hubris</a>, David Corn, and National Review writer Byron York.

They both do a little too much talking over each other for my tastes but man did Mr. York come off as a complete ass to me.

What do you think?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:53 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

Well he writes for the National Review...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:38 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Scooter Libby trial starts today. Should be pretty interesting when VP Cheney comes to testify.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:34 AM 
What? Another Expansion?!

And Libby's defence drops the bomb back on Rove. Looks like they need to pick more obediant lapdogs.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:42 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
"defense"

"obedient"

:wav:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:02 PM 

I can concede obediant obediently but in my defense i believe defence is an acceptable spelling even if it is chiefly British.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:41 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Pretty interesting day today in the Libby trial. Cheney's press secretary Cathie Martin had some pretty damning testimony for Libby's memory defense.

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20070125/cm_thenation/3160544">The Libby Trial: Cheney's Office Takes the Stand</a>

Quote:
Martin described a conversation she had with William Harlow, the CIA public affairs chief, and though she had no direct recollection of when this phone call happened, she noted it likely occurred around June 11, 2003. At that time, Walter Pincus of The Washington Post was asking Vice President Cheney's office whether it had been involved in former Ambassador Joseph Wilson's trip to Niger (which had been cited in a May 6 New York Times column by Nicholas Kristof that did not name Wilson). Martin testified that as the result of a call between Scooter Libby, Cheney's chief of staff, and a CIA official (probably Robert Grenier, an earlier witness in the trial), she had been put in contact with Harlow.

During her conversation with Harlow, Martin testified, she asked him what the CIA knew about the trip to Niger taken by the then-unnamed ambassador. Harlow told her the former diplomat was Joseph Wilson and revealed that his wife worked at the CIA. Later that same day, in the vice president's office, she shared with Cheney and Libby what Harlow had told her, including the information that Wilson's wife was employed at the CIA. How did Cheney or Libby respond to this? Fitzgerald asked Martin. "I don't remember any other specific response," she answered.

The significance of this? Fitzgerald had shown once again that Libby was making efforts to gather information on the Wilson trip when little was publicly known about it. As a result of this effort, he was told by Martin that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA. Ted Wells, a Libby lawyer, tried to depict Martin's report to Cheney and Libby as nothing but an easy-to-forget ten-second snippet. But Martin also testified that Libby was intensely engaged in a campaign to rebut Joseph Wilson's charge that the Bush administration had rigged the case for war by misrepresenting the prewar intelligence--and that Libby had even requested to see transcripts of cable news shows covering the controversy (particularly Chris Matthews' Hardball program). Consequently, a juror could well conclude that information regarding Valerie Wilson's CIA employment was important to Libby and registered with him.

It seems obvious to me that the VP's office was actively working to discredit Joe Wilson because he was catching them in one of their many lies as they rushed us to war. With all the time Libby spent on it, it's hard to believe he forgot where he got the scoop on Mrs. Wilson. I don't know that this whole thing will produce anything more than a perjury and obstruction of justice conviction for Libby, but I do know that it's going to give us alot of information about something I am interested in. How did those 14 words get into the State of the Union when it had already been discredited, and how did the VP's Office operate as it ruthlessly lied us into war, and crushed anyone who called them on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:49 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

As this thread gets close to two years old, I'd like to quote our sadly MIA friend.

Arkayn420 05 Jul 2005 6:09 AM wrote:
Is there any reason why this is so important that none of the major news networks even mention it on their websites? MSNBC/FoxNews/CNN etc.

Arkayn420 05 Jul 2005 6:16 AM wrote:
And don't start digging through Page 5's of their websites. You people talk about treason, and hanging etc and this shit isn't even front page news?!

I miss ya buddy, come back to us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I will forever find reasons to bump this thread. Cheney's FBI interview to be released to public.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:56 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Cheney didn't remember. Shocking!

Quote:
Cheney told FBI agents that he did not recall discussing Wilson's wife with Libby before her CIA employment was publicly revealed by conservative columnist Robert Novak on July 14, 2003. Libby's own notes produced at his trial reflect that Cheney told him about the CIA employment of Wilson's wife in mid-June 2003, a month before Plame's CIA job became public knowledge.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:41 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Valerie Plame update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICW-dGD1M18&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3vcUy0ndyb7MPgRXDY5FjyyB-yUyedNkgq2EF4x_3qQheHmuOwmZS9Rqk

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10