It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

My pick continues to be Senator Klobuchar. My politics are with Senator Warren, but I'm driving in the center lane this election because repudiating Trump is more important than anything else.

I love Senator Warren. But she's made two arguments that will be general election albatrosses that will sink the Democrats.

1. You cannot successfully tell the American people you're going to take away their private insurance and give them something better. No one with any fucking sense is going to believe that. The transition to universal healthcare requires a proving period.

2. You will not win a general election telling the American people you're going to decriminalize illegal border crossings. The argument this is the only/best way to counteract Trump border policies is super stupid.

I want to win, so in the center lane I drive. Vice President Biden is the mack truck currently controlling that lane, but I think that mack truck has bad wheels, and the signs are showing. My hope, wish, prediction is that Senator Klobuchar will fill that lane and take the nomination.

Waaaaaayyyyyyyy out on a limb, but I'm out here y'all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:05 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
I'd really like to Sen. Kamala Harris win the Dem nomination, Biden as you said is the dominate front runner but Harris has started to pivot a little more center and I think she would be able to reform that Obama voter coalition and bring in suburban/independent voters that are with Biden atm as well

I would not rule out a Biden/Harris Dem ticket either
would appeal to progressives and centrists alike

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:39 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
Sanders is gaining steam again. I predict the DNC will shoehorn Biden into the nomination just like they did with Clinton, and we'll have to convince progressive voters that no, the way to really stick it to The Man is not to stay home and not vote at all.

I want to like Elizabeth Warren, but she thinks terrorists can cause nuclear explosions at power plants, which you can learn for yourself isn't how anything works if you do about five minutes of homework. That's not the only place where it shows that she didn't do any research, and it's not a good look for a Presidential candidate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:25 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
I think Surcum Stance called it right a year ago. If the Dems nominate a far left candidate they will lose to Trump again in 2020, but if they pick a moderate they will win. I also don't think Biden can be that guy, he is really showing his age.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:37 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
with Harris dropping out I've put my full support behind Amy Klobuchar

but I will vote for whoever is running vs Mein Trumpf

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Trump is going to win.

I'm not even a fan of his, but unless the DNC pulls something magical out of their ass, there is no way that Biden can be on stage with Trump and win. That is pretty sad to say considering anytime Trump talks, I cringe.

At this point, whoever we get is who we get. I think the whole lot of them are pretty worthless. So tired of "settling for the lesser evil" like I have done for the past 20+ years.

Jason

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:40 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
It sickens me that there is a better than good chance that Trump will win re-election. I fear for our country if that happens. We can repair the damage that Trump has done if he just has one term. If he has two, it will take a generation or more to begin the repair.

Our norms are broken.
Republicans don't give a shit about the Constitution
The DoJ is the president's law firm
DHS is the President's private "police" force
NATO is an enemy while Russia and North Korea are our friends.

Everything this abject failure of a president does is only to benefit him. He doesn't rive a rat's ass about anyone or anything unless it pledges complete fealty to his orangeness.

Screw him and screw anyone who votes for him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:34 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Elemynt_Fyrestorm wrote:
At this point, whoever we get is who we get. I think the whole lot of them are pretty worthless. So tired of "settling for the lesser evil" like I have done for the past 20+ years.

If everyone, and everything is equally bad, then nothing matters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:57 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Armageddon is nigh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:01 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

It was a pleasant surprise that he lost. What happened next was so disturbing. The continued sycophancy from the GOP towards Trump will, hopefully, destroy them once and for all.

Hello 2021!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:28 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

SurcamStances wrote:
I want to win, so in the center lane I drive. Vice President Biden is the mack truck currently controlling that lane, but I think that mack truck has bad wheels, and the signs are showing. My hope, wish, prediction is that Senator Klobuchar will fill that lane and take the nomination.

Waaaaaayyyyyyyy out on a limb, but I'm out here y'all.

#FreezingColdTakes

Offline Profile