PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:00 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Episode 3 Trailer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Easily the best fighter out since SSF4(and arguably BlazBlue). Some of the frame by frame footsie timing required for tournament play looks to be even more hardcore as well. 1 and a half weeks is feeling like an eternity =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:24 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

How do you like the game Venen?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 AM 

Enjoying it so far in the time I have to play it. It feels more fast-paced than SSF4, and it takes a lot of practice because you have to learn all 3 of your characters' moves, and use each of their advantages/disadvantages accordingly. Add on top of that understanding how to react with each of those three characters to every other character, and it's a fairly sharp curve IMO. Lot of fun though once you get some of the combos down.

Some of the features found in SF4 and SSF4 as "extras" aren't to be found here, though, which is a little disappointing. No replay channel is a big bummer imo; I loved recording my good fights in SSF4. The match-making system is also crappy. Still good and exciting fights to be had, though.

One minor complaint is that spammers will have an edge early on against thoughtful players. Until you get good, spammers will occasionally be able to overcome you even though they're doing jack and shit. Pulling off that 50-hit combo that you put in the time and practice for is nothing if you can't overcome the spam. It's plenty doable for a seasoned player, but it takes a bit to get to that point. As with SSF4 though, I'm sure there's a good deal of enjoyment in dealing with those idiots once you DO get that edge and see what's coming from a mile away =)

I'm sure some of that sounds like a turnoff, but it's a surprisingly solid fighter under the skin. People that aren't former arcade rats will probably be a little overwhelmed at first, though. All in all, Capcom has retained their awesomeness.. even if they're being a little money-grubbing with all these consecutive releases.

Offline Profile