It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:27 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fable III
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

It's out and reviews are saying pretty much the same thing so far. Anyone here played the game yet? If so, please share what you think about Fable III and stuff.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Fable III
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Nope. Stupid Gamefly sent me Halo Reach instead. Maybe next week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:35 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

My biggest gripe is that it chooses the emotes for you unlike fable 2. When you interact with an npc it just gives you a choice of a nice, mean, or funny emote. I liked the start of the kill the gargoyles equivalent side quest. I probably sat there for about five minutes listening to them sing. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:51 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

I really wanted to like this game but honestly its a total pile of shit. With little skill the main story line could be done in under six hours without having to make any "hard choices" at the end which was apparently the goal. I think the lack of overall gameplay would bother me less if there weren't so many bugs, I had to shut off my xbox at least three times just to fix times when the gameplay froze (it was even worse when running around with other players), and not to mention the overall lag, which doesn't happen on the 360 slims from what Iv'e read. Now I could spend time running around unlocking everything and maxing out the achievements, but with so little effort put into the main quest why bother?

Now I'm not saying I ignored side quests and just went for the end of the game ... I spent a long time doing relationship and other various quests around the world but the game has a habit of refocusing the player on the main quest every chance it gets and I actually completed a quest that put in what was pretty much a point of no return to the end only because I got sick of it popping up every time I dug something up.

The choice between good and evil has been significantly scaled back as well and with little intuition the player can figure out really quick which one is worthless. I know some of the charm of Fable 3 is spending time doing side quests, but there isn't much challenge in many of those either. In the end if you don't mind getting stuck, having your dog get stuck, having anyone you play with get stuck, having enemies, npcs, and anything else get stuck, your dog getting confused and stopping midway while leading you to a quest, dig spot, or treasure, or dealing with random slow downs and lag all while playing a game that has been thrown together over a three day weekend then by all means buy this game, if you think buying a game should be more than a head start on future downloadable content rent this for a weekend and chances are you won't find much of a need to play it again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
So far, I'm not very impressed. The lag is noticeable. The player character seems to ghost around a bit and everything just slows down sometimes.

Like Ndaian said, it looks like I'm progressing through the story much faster than I expected. I keep expecting some sort of Final-Fantasy-like "get to what you think is the end and then -- boom -- the whole game changes" but this is Fable, so that's not going to happen.

Even the story feels lacking. There are a lot of unanswered questions, which is OK for the middle of an RPG, but I'm not even sure they're being asked.

I think I'm going to go back to playing New Vegas and save Fable 3 for when the wife's around and doesn't want to see me headshotting ghouls.

Offline Profile