Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
I've kind of lost my love affair with football games. Last year I would have been all over this shit until I realized that I just don't like playing the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
I played against my friend on Madden the other day. He has the game, plays it constantly. I never played the new version of Madden- only the old school Sega Genesis ones way back in the day.

He plays on pro mode. I go to rookie. He is Arizona, I am Detroit. Calvin Johnson proceeds to make 13 catches for 502 yards and 7 TD. And then I remembered why I hate console sports games- complete and utter lack of realism.

And yes, I am well aware of rookie mode means it is easier. I guess I was hoping that rookie mode would be easier in terms of understanding plays, formations, controls, etc etc... not just hit the X button on every pass play and let Calvin do his thing. /shrug

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:43 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Most people who complain about the lack of realism just suck at the game and dont have the desire/ability to get better. I mean come on dude, you were playing on rookie.

I figured this was pointless, thanks for the confirmation boys.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:08 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Not sure why people complain about the lack of realism. They should be complaining about 10 years of the same game actually selling.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
I should never expect to get 500 yards receiving on one player on rookie level ever. If that is happening, then something is horrifically wrong.

Of course my friend would play pro level and beat the computer 77-3 consistently. I guess there is solid realism there /nod. Or my other friend would play the Raiders, play a 10 year dynasty, and his worst season was 13-3. Thumbs up for realism there!

It has nothing to do with lack of desire or not being good at the game. I admit- I am not good at the game. Like I said earlier I had not played a Madden since 91 or 94. But it has everything to do with seeing people consistently win 77-3. Or taking the Raiders to 10 straight years of 13-16 wins per. To me, that has nothing to do with realism. And unfortunately I haven't read/seen a sports game with actual realism involved, regardless of difficulty level...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:34 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

SurcamStances wrote:
Most people who complain about the lack of realism just suck at the game and dont have the desire/ability to get better. I mean come on dude, you were playing on rookie.

If it makes you feel anybody, I feel the same way about the reception I get regarding Starcraft. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
SurcamStances wrote:

Playing a football game on the easiest setting is pretty much the worst way to do it, you're right. The thing that pisses me off about the NCAA games is the giant gulf of difficulty between regular and the next step up from regular, and I doubt they've corrected it this year (as they hadn't last year). There's really no reason I should be able to lose a 21-point lead in the last two minutes as a four-star school against a three without trick plays or bonehead defensive moves, and there's no way some freshman QB from Nowhere, Wyoming should be able to complete 15 passes in double coverage for 30+ yards each in a matter of 45 game seconds.

The games have a good deal of realism, or at least as close as you can get with one player controlling 11, except when it comes down to the fourth quarter and the most comfortable of leads aren't safe.

Maybe we can do this when Madden comes out? I hadn't really planned to buy this year's after not playing last year's much, but I might be tempted to do so for something like this!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:23 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I would have to look and see what they do with online franchise. I was very unimpressed with madden 10. If it's the same with minor improvements, I'll be sticking with college. Way, way, way, way more fun.

As far as blowing leads, if the comp is picking you apart, gotta pressure him, it works. You just gotta react correctly in my opinion. And no, I'm not the greatest at reacting. All 4 of my online dynasties are on all american, and I love the fact that we don't win every comp game. I also like the fact that we're playing with 3star schools, and you just can't expect these kids to make every play. :) Go #3 UConn!

And Mr. Cicely, you're complaining about the difficulty of a game, playing the two lower difficulties of the four. Bump it up to at least allamerican/allpro. You're being fucking ridiculous.

Offline Profile