LoL: ScrubLeague
Yeah it's real good.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Modern Warfare 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

So yeah, it's like out and stuff.

I picked it up for PS3 last night. Anyone else playing it? My PSN ID is Taborcarn

I did the opposite of what I normally do with new games and bypassed the single player entirely and went straight to multi. I bought COD4 used a while back, played through the campaign and maybe 5 multiplayer matches. The multiplayer really didn't click with me back then, but something changed from then to now and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Normally I stick to objective based matched like CTF, but even the Free For All and Team Deathmatch are great. Which is good since those are the only gametypes you can play until you unlock more. And the XP gaining has really drawn me in. It completely gives the game a "Just one more match until I unlock the laser scope for this weapon" feel that can keep me playing all night.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Modern Warfare 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:48 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
I like Domination the most, which was probably the best mode in MW and never found an audience in WaW, so it's good to see those hopping in this one. Hopefully it will stay full.

I've been using the FAMAS recently and it's not too bad. My reaction time between three-round bursts could be better but I'm still averaging like 18 kills per game of domination (average k/d is probably 18/21 or so, which isn't bad considering how garbage I am in World at War now that everyone is 10th prestige and I'm only 45). I haven't gotten used to the timing on the grenades, which I think has changed a little bit so that if you cook for a few seconds and throw, it's still on the ground too long to get anyone. Also the timing on the rifle grenade has definitely changed, because that used to be out as soon as you pressed the button, and the must-fly distance seems to have changed as well because I'm getting a lot of direct impact kills but not many explosion kills (although it could just be that I'm not used to the maps and I think rooms are larger than they actually are).

Also the Bling perk is really the best thing for completing challenges, because it allows you to have both a grenade launcher and red dot, or red dot and silencer, or ACOG and silencer, so you get double credit toward the challenges.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:53 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I suck shit at Call of Duty of any flavor. Even on PC. I just can't react fast enough as some of these people who play it like a career.

My only headshots thus far are with a shottie.

Single player storyline is stellar, as was expected.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Cant wait to pick this up next week, played the hell out of MW and cant wait to get my golden weapon skins back

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:03 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
I've had it sitting on my desk since release but my schedule in WoW hasn't allowed for it lol...

My PS3 Id is Zinkeh . If you do add me to your friend thingy, identify yourself lol...I get random invites from WaW anytime I happen to mop folks up in a match.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:08 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

If you play MW2 i'm sure you'll forget about WoW, MW2 > WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:06 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

PC version sucks I hear.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Rank 45 ish, 2k or so kills.

The special edition MW2 Xbox is bad ass looking, and it's nice to have hard drive space for a change.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:10 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I'm not sure what to think yet. It looks more, I dunno...cartoony than MW1 or WaW.

Also, it seems like anytime I kill one guy, there are 4 ready to shoot me lol

I'm loving the Scar rifle though... fire1

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I don't understand everyone's love affair with the scar. It's ok but the muzzle kick is too high unless you have the silencer and then the range is basically just the m4 that shoots a little slower

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

It kind of reminds me of the MP40 in WaW in that it's got a steady enough fire rate to get off 3 or 4 round bursts to take down a target.

The silenced sniper rifles were a bit much though; I've having matches where you don't see or hear an enemy the entire time because they are laying down on a rooftop hoping for someone to come by....except that everyone else but me is another sniper...laying down on a rooftop hoping for someone to come by..etc lol

Amazing game so far, however. The ability to customize damn near everything is fantastic.

You can tell they nerfed launchers and grenades by a pretty fair amount from MW1.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Ok quick question, how do I mute people on PS3?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Press Select in-game and press X as you select their name from the scoreboard. Or, you can press right on the D-Pad in the lobby and press X to bring up a new window where you can add as friend or mute. You can't mute in the lobby after teams are formed, so you have to wait until you get in the game. It carries over from game to game, so you don't have to keep muting the same 11 year-olds every time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:35 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Oh ok that's easier than I thought. I kept hitting the PS button and looking at the list of recent players but wasn't finding the option there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

randy wrote:
Press Select in-game and press X as you select their name from the scoreboard. Or, you can press right on the D-Pad in the lobby and press X to bring up a new window where you can add as friend or mute. You can't mute in the lobby after teams are formed, so you have to wait until you get in the game. It carries over from game to game, so you don't have to keep muting the same 11 year-olds every time.

This is fantastic. I got so damn tired of having to leave a lobby because some kid decides to use the channel as his own personal karaoke machine or the kid to sits and sings "im gonna kill you guys because you guys suuuck la la la" the entire match.

Let's not forget to include the racial epithet guy who can't help himself between matches.

The mute thing is glorious. Not a huge fan of how they handle group invites tho. I got invites last night and didn't even know it till i checked my sony email....silly.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:49 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Yeah the 360 really is better in terms of joining parties. But the PS3 party system has also been broken all week (supposedly fixed today but who knows).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

randy wrote:
Yeah the 360 really is better in terms of joining parties. But the PS3 party system has also been broken all week (supposedly fixed today but who knows).

I really hope they get it right. I couldn't group with my friends on MW1 for more than a match or 2 at any given time. It would taken a dozen tries just for it to even accept the group and then if someone closed the lobby or if the host left, our group disbanded and the entire process started over.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:34 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

It's amazing how well this game sold in a 24 hour period.

Quote:
In the first 24 hours, the title has sold approximately 4.7 million copies in North America and the United Kingdom, and generated $310 million in sales, making it the biggest launch in the history of all forms of entertainment.

Just amazing is all I can say

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:36 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

It was great Thursday night, last night it was being a pain in the ass but I think it was players with us that didn't have their NAT open and were causing conflicts. Limiting party chat to only certain game types is nice too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:19 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

What kind of headsets are those of you on the PS3 using? I have my system hooked up to my home theater for maximum sound lol....but I do need to get a headset of some sort that can at least be muted easily so my party isn't hearing my blasting stereo when I'm not talking.

I found a logitech gamer one at BB for 50 bucks with a usb adapter but there were a few other sets around that price range, but they all seemed to be designed to route all sound, chat and game effects into the headset. I much prefer the surround sound on my home theater.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 AM 

I'm using the ones that came with Warhawk.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:02 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
The campaign mode is pretty good, but do you really have to be killed or blown unconscious at the end of every single mission? Honestly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:49 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I'm still messing around with network settings. Apparently my NAT is at 3 "strict" and I can't group with friends and my selection of matches is very small and takes forever to find a game.

I've made it a static ip, forwarded ports and even put the damn thing on the routers dmz, and still no luck.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I've been using an older Mad Catz USB headset that I used to use on ventrilo for WoW. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I plugged it in and it showed up in the accessory menu on the PS3. By default only the voice chat came through the headset, all other sound still came through the TV.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:00 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

There seems to be a LOT more camping in this one compared to WaW or MW1. A loooooooooot more.

Thing I don't get is: I'm playing on a 1080p 42" plasma, sitting about 6 feet away and I'm getting killed by folks that when I watch the replay....I can't even see myself..so how the hell did they? These people are shooting me from distances where I can't even SEE them much anticipate their attacks. Not even talking snipers.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:27 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I played a handful of the Spec Ops missions with a co-worker last night. Some of those are really well-designed. The Brazil level is much better than the Single Player version now that you have someone watching your back. And riding around in the chopper while supporting my buddy on the ground was great.

I really wasn't planning on playing much of the Spec Ops in lieu of the standard multi-player but I'm glad I did, it was a lot more fun than I was expecting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:12 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Larreth wrote:
I'm still messing around with network settings. Apparently my NAT is at 3 "strict" and I can't group with friends and my selection of matches is very small and takes forever to find a game.

I've made it a static ip, forwarded ports and even put the damn thing on the routers dmz, and still no luck.

If you're playing PS3, probably best to just use the Easy Internet setup, unless you're ridiculously worried about security. I was having trouble when changing networks, but I ran that tool and it works like a dream ever since.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
No Russian

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:35 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

randy wrote:
Larreth wrote:

If you're playing PS3, probably best to just use the Easy Internet setup, unless you're ridiculously worried about security. I was having trouble when changing networks, but I ran that tool and it works like a dream ever since.

I've had it setup with the easy auto setup. The problem lies in the way it's configured on the router. Whatever NAT is, there are 3 levels of it. NAT 3 means you are on the router but not configured correctly, so it allows access to the PS3 network and games but with restricted access. It takes me forever for MW2 to find a good match and I can rarely migrate hosts, and cannot BE a host.

What's odd is that I gave the Ps3 a static IP, and forwarded the ports needed with that static IP. I even put the Ps3 on the DMZ of the router and I'm still getting "strict" NAT 3. So I dunno at this point. Can still play but I'd like to be able to get in on all the action. When it browses for matches it only finds like 12% of them and 25 possible games. I get in and its like 3 on 3 or I get into a match already half over.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:27 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Neesha the Necro wrote:
No Russian

Oscar Mike.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:41 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Larreth wrote:
I've had it setup with the easy auto setup. The problem lies in the way it's configured on the router. Whatever NAT is, there are 3 levels of it. NAT 3 means you are on the router but not configured correctly, so it allows access to the PS3 network and games but with restricted access. It takes me forever for MW2 to find a good match and I can rarely migrate hosts, and cannot BE a host.

What's odd is that I gave the Ps3 a static IP, and forwarded the ports needed with that static IP. I even put the Ps3 on the DMZ of the router and I'm still getting "strict" NAT 3. So I dunno at this point. Can still play but I'd like to be able to get in on all the action. When it browses for matches it only finds like 12% of them and 25 possible games. I get in and its like 3 on 3 or I get into a match already half over.

A shitty router is most likely the problem. Or the firmware version often can break/fix things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:23 PM 

Wow. Could that be any more not funny?

To save the day, here is the video that has been all over G4 the past few days.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Pretty epic. I didn't even realize it happened until the replay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Finlainea wrote:
Larreth wrote:

A shitty router is most likely the problem. Or the firmware version often can break/fix things.

Yeah I dunno. It's a 2 year old router and was one of the better linksys at the time. But yeah I'm still sitting at NAT 3 and I'm getting stuck with 3 on 3 groups, 4 on 4 groups..etc. Getting annoyed at this point.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Would it be a WRT54G or GS? If so which revision? Heres how to find out: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Li ... G/GL/GS/GX

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:09 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Finlainea wrote:
Would it be a WRT54G or GS? If so which revision? Heres how to find out: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Li ... G/GL/GS/GX

I couldn't find it anywhere on that page. It uses the first 4 numbers of the serial number and mine are KLD0 which is nothing like any of the ones he had listed. My router is a WRT54GX4. I'm guessing the X4 refers to revision 4. The article describes g/gl/gs/gx, yet covers all but the gx lol.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:32 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh that sucks it's not supported by DD-WRT. (third party firmware)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:03 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I've got a WRT54G v5 that's about 6 years old with firmware that's 2 years or so old. Using AT&T DSL, netgear modem set in bridged ethernet mode and running PPOEE login through my router. I also have the port forwarding set up for the Xbox and I have 0 problems. Open NAT and everything works fine, the problem lies when party members that don't have their shit set up right try to play with you.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll let ya'll know if/what you get from Prestige heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Hell for all i know I may have forwarded the ports wrong but as far as I know the procedure is thus:

/ipconfig all
Default Gateway
DNS Servers (only the first 2)
Subnet Mask
DCHP Server

Then on the ps3 manual settings

Enter your Primary DNS as the 1st DNS number you got earlier from your PC
Enter your Secondary DNS as the 2nd DNS Number you got from your PC
Enter your Default Gateway (linksys default was 192.168.1.1)
Enter your Subnet Mask (linksys default was 255.255.255.0)
Give the Ps3 it's static IP (something like 192.168.1.23)

Go into the router forwarding the correct ports using that IP. Win?

Doesn't seem to have done the trick lol.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:45 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Oh yeah almost forgot, you get an extra class, at least for the first prestige, and unlock a bunch of new challenges.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:58 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
I'm playing the PC Version, because I'm an old fart who can't play FPS on consoles...gives me a fuckin headache.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:28 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

that knife kill was insane. wtf?

Offline Profile