It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
You could take in a Gamecube with Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart and produce the same result

Not 100% true, Givin. The online gameplay alone makes it worth buying the games again. Its a lot of fun playing against 12 other people online in Mario Kart. Also, Mario Kart Wii allows two people to connect and play online at the same time. Which is pretty cool too.

Nintendo games are great online, just too bad their friend code setup is beyond lame :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:42 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
When that does happen, and Nintendo doesn't support a game because it has a droplet or two of blood, it just looks pretty funny.

That's when you replace all the guns with walkie-talkies.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:46 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Evilundead Afterlife wrote:
Quote:
You could take in a Gamecube with Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart and produce the same result

Not 100% true, Givin. The online gameplay alone makes it worth buying the games again. Its a lot of fun playing against 12 other people online in Mario Kart. Also, Mario Kart Wii allows two people to connect and play online at the same time. Which is pretty cool too.

Nintendo games are great online, just too bad their friend code setup is beyond lame :(

You are missing the point here. I am sure in Fibur example the Wii is not connected to the Internet for multiplayer online which is what Givin was talking about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:04 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah I know that, but I'm talking about my personal exp, not the group of people playing in the same room they were talking about. Yes, there is no online elements with the kids, and they would enjoy the GameCube version pretty much the same in that regards.

I should had worded it different I think :P Mario Kart Wii is a much better game than the GameCube version because of Online Gameplay. That is all I was trying to say because Givin feels the game is a carbon copy of the GameCube build...which is not the case really. Then again, how many series out there really change from their core setup? I mean, what else can they do with an arcade kart racing game lol

They can add a Kart/map editor and upload them online. I do agree with the points that Givin is making tho. Nintendo needs to spice things up, but they won't when they are dominating the hardware/software charts. The fact is people outgrow things, and most people here have :P

Time to move on, and there is no need to bitch about it, right? Can't please everyone I guess!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:21 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I love Mario Kart, but I have to admit it was disappointing that the game was basically the DS version of the game with motorcycles. I love the new tracks though, and I'm glad the game was made. But I do see Givin's points, I just don't resent the games as much. I enjoy them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:36 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
You are missing the point here. I am sure in Fibur example the Wii is not connected to the Internet for multiplayer online which is what Givin was talking about.

Yes, this is true.

The kids range from age 13 - 18. While in principle I think Givin is right, there's more going on in the kids' minds. If I stood up in front of the class and said, "I have a GameCube here for you to play if you do X" I would not get the same, "ooooooooo" as I do when I say, "I have a Wii here for you to play."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I gave my Wii to my parents for xmas with dance dance revolution, wii sports, and then me and my bro got them a few games. The big ones for them were guitar hero's (got them aerosmith and legends of rock), mario baseball or whatever, and Jillian's Work out.....

For them they always were aware of video games since me and my bro played them a lot as kids but the last game my dad played was the gun game on the orginal sega and duck hunt....

They really are enjoying it and my mom says my dad gets up at like 4am and plays world series of poker and guitar hero before work heh. So for people who never played games and are 50 yrs old its pretty cool they can jump in and play. They like wii sports a lot too, that game really sells the system well for people to get peopls buy in.

I still have my PS3 and use it for blue ray and for a few games, primarily disgaea 3. I just struggle playing consule games by myself when I could be playing a MMO and at least create the illusion of working towards a goal that has meaning (yes in the end its the same thing and means nothing but thats why I said the illusion!).

Every 3-6 months I like to play a good jrpg or game that has a good story etc to break up the MMO fix but I just can't get into any other type of game...I still haven't finished MGS for some reason and that game is just amazing. I just don't get into them any more yet I was digging around for tactics ogre for ps1 last week because I really missed playing that....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:43 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
House of the Dead:Overkill is pretty good. Sega finally got the pacing right with the rail shooter. Looks like there are a decent number of unlocks. The story is what I expected it to be, over the top funny and impossible to take serious, just like it was presented as. "ala Grindhouse". I found myself wanting to get the gun snap on attachment for the Wiimote. A great example of a game that does the same thing its predecessors do, plus more to set it apart.

I also tried out Castlevania:Judgement and it is also exactly what I expected. Complete shit. Not only is it not a good Castlevania game, it isn't even a good fighting game so they fail twice as hard this time around.

I'll check out Deadly Creatures this week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:15 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
Been wanting to try House of the Dead, good to hear it is good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:04 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
I still have my PS3 and use it for blue ray and for a few games, primarily disgaea 3.

Ugh, tell me you at least got Valkyria Chronicles at this point! It's not really long, but you have a Playstation 3 and you enjoy tactical strategy RPGs! Go, dammit! =p

Offline Profile