It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wii Sports beats Super Mario Bros' record (23 year champ). Funny thing is...the top 10 best selling games all belong to Nintendo lol

Yes, Wii Sports is bundled here in the states, but not worldwide. Still has the title tho

Wii Sports>all

Last edited by Evilundead Afterlife on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:15 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Doesn't make it a good game, though. Har.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:41 PM 
What does this button do?

xskycrasherx wrote:
Doesn't make it a good game, though. Har.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:58 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Graphics aside, Wii Sports is pretty badass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I dunno, not really. It's actually a very generic game. The controller movements are lame and limited. Terrible use of the Wii controllers. There is no real difference in how you use them, literally all you have to do is a flick of the remote, not an actual real world motion. People seem to think you do and act like dumbfucks and do full-blown uppercuts.

It's an ok game while drunk, but it's not a "good" game in my book. The Wii has that problem, it's only fun while drunk most times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Cool.

Any word on if the Wii will be getting more than 3 games that are actually fun? Or if they will be allowing game content suitable for people over the age of 5?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:13 AM 

Nintendo has so much money they don't need to listen to anyone or really do anything but produce more Wii's and Wii Fit because both sell out even now. That said, I wouldn't count on it Venen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:38 AM 
I schooled the old school.

I know it's the cool thing to bash the Wii for not having games, but I still think the Zelda game, the Metroid game, Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, and Mario Galaxy all make it worth owning.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:31 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Nah, cuz you can get the same kind of experience on the N64 and Gamecube. They don't do anything new or fun. :( I admit I bought my Wii for the Zelda game, but that was just because I wanted to have all the newest systems. I could have easily bought it for the GC.

I still think Nintendo has a few tricks up their sleeve. They'll put out something unique and new in 2009 or 2010.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:35 PM 

I think Nintendo is played out and what the Wii needs is more third party support. I am tired of Zelda games, Mario games(even though Galaxy was amazing), and Metriod games. I really enjoyed No More Heroes and hope the Conduit is good but when Reggie says some shit like PIKMIN2 is coming and the Zelda team is working on another zelda I couldn't care less because it's the same shit over and over.

As I said before though the Wii doesn't have to do shit because it still sells out and grandmas and grandpas really like that Wii Bowling! I still wouldn't recommend the Wii to someone who buys more then 2 games a year though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

xskycrasherx wrote:
I still think Nintendo has a few tricks up their sleeve. They'll put out something unique and new in 2009 or 2010.

I'm actual hopeful of this as well, especially given the success of the Wii. I love my Wii but if I had more time to devote to gaming beyond my Wii and PC, I'd need a 360 for complete satisfaction.

Here's hoping that in the next generation of consoles one will dominate; owning the same game as 2 other friends and not being able to play online with one another because we all own different consoles is lame.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Some nice third party games incoming in the near future:

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins from Ubisoft
The House of the Dead: Overkill from Sega
Cursed Mountain from Deep Silver
Deadly Creatures from Rainbow Studios (Voice acting with Dennis Hopper and Billy Bob Thornton)
Arc Rise Fantasia from Marvelous Entertainment
Muramasa: The Demon Blade from Marvelous Entertainment /drool cant wait for this game
Monster Hunter 3 from Capcom
MadWorld from Sega
Rune Factory: Frontier from Marvelous Entertainment
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes from Capcom (said to be even better than Street Fighter 4 from reviews/feedback in Japan)
Klonoa from Namco
Phantom Brave from NIS
Tales of 10 from Namco

There are a few more RPG's I am missing, and other third party titles, but will give you an idea for the Nintendo Wii in 2009. Also, I did not list the Wii Ware download content etc. Third Party support is looking very strong this year. I just hope the games sell, and the Nintendo's third party curse does not come into play again.

P.S. Xsky, Mario Kart Wii is great because of the Wi Fi gameplay, but I know what you mean by "nothing new" tho. If it did not have online gameplay, I might had passed on buying the game. They do need to change things up in the next version, or it might not be worth buying the next installment.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:41 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
After the online games that Nintendo has released I'm completely not excited about any upcoming online titles at all. Their online service blows big donkey balls.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:56 AM 

I'm honestly not seeing anything interesting in that list. You've got some semi-bad RPGs and some really bad platformers listed there.

Monster Hunter 3? Cmon now =)

I'm a closet fan of the Capcom "vs." fighters series, but really nothing I can't do without.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:03 AM 

I'm excited about Muramasa: The Demon Blade, that looks fun to me. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:14 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Most of the games on that list are very laughable, namely the first two on the top of it and it's hilarious that you would even mention them since they are two of the biggest game franchises known for being utter shit.

I don't understand why Capcom would release that Vs game here. A bunch of shitty 70s Anime Characters Nobody Has Heard of Vs Capcom.

Deadly Creatures and Muramasa are the only two worth looking at. Tales games are either really great or complete shit. Tales of Symphonia 2 was pretty pimp.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:17 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

MadWorld and Arc Rise Fantasia are new IP's and both look very nice...to me at least. Cursed Mountain might be good, or bad, but its a mature themed title.

Come on, The House of the Dead: Overkill will own all. How can someone not like that game :P Plain and simple fun. And Sega themselves are not making the game, so it should be even better because of that!

Monster Hunter 3 is a HUGE I repeat HUGE series in Japan. It will have online support, and the system needs more RPG type games thats for sure. As for Tenchu: Shadow Assassins, the previews seems solid, and I was listing third party support and stuff. Givin might be right, and it is complete shit, but I'll wait and see before writing the game off just yet!

You guys are a tough crowd to please!

Last edited by Evilundead Afterlife on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:24 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:20 PM 

Sky, how can I get the Mario Galaxy experience on a GameCube?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 PM 
Bridge Dweller

By playing Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:38 PM 

Sorry, but the two are rather different from each other, but whatever /shrug.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:50 PM 
Bridge Dweller

No, they're not. They're pretty much exactly the same. Hehe. I won.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:37 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Oh look, they are both 3D!!!!1111 They must be the same. :)

Edit: Also, sorry evil, but that list blows. There's nothing nice coming out for the wii in the next couple of months, and it had nothing good coming out for the holidays, wtf. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Mario 64 was not all that. Some reason, I did not like Mario Games in 3D. Platform games should be 2D...they are a lot better that way. For me at least. Gost, you really are picky my friend lol I will try harder next time! There are some heavy hitting RPG's inc tho. I forget a few of their names. I'll look it up soon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:44 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I am picky. :(

Mad World is the only one I'd buy off that list to be honest.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:54 PM 

Mario Galaxy is one of those guys that looks interesting to me. Like I said, the Wii library sucks royal balls so those select few titles are hardly enough to be enticing. But, from seeing countless amounts of footage of the game, it's not quite SM 64. I do agree that the general concepts of SM 64 are still there.

I really enjoyed SM 64 honestly. It was set apart to a degree from Super Mario World and the like in that the progression was different with gathering the stars and whatnot. That, in part, made it fun for me, along with the 3D aspect and generally good gameplay/challenge. I think those general concepts and the 3D gameplay to a large extent remain the same in Galaxy, but there's obviously more to it with a number of different features.

On that note, does Super Smash Bros require 1 or 2 different buttons to play? I forget.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:16 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Saying Mario Galaxy is the same as Mario 64 is like saying Super Mario Bros. is the same game as Super Mario Bros. 3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:20 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Uh... lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:20 AM 

Quote:
Saying Mario Galaxy is the same as Mario 64 is like saying Super Mario Bros. is the same game as Super Mario Bros. 3

yep-- pretty much.

Offline Profile