It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Left 4 Dead
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:50 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
So I just downloaded the demo. Played single player, got through the first mission and a half. And I can completely understand and see how amazingly fun this game can be with three other players. I was having an absolute blast with this game, and I barely got into it! Maybe being a fan of the horror genre, there is something satisfying and thrilling about seeing hundreds of zombies come out of nowhere and just swarm you and you are blowing them to bits with your rifle.

I would assume that you can play the campaign on Live with three others, but did not do any research into it. Otherwise it might be a bit difficult with four people looking at one TV, or I guess you can do four people in one room/house with four different TV's. However, the easiest would be just to connect via Live and play.

What sucks for me is that I generally don't buy games at full price. Call me cheap, whatever... I would just rather pay 40 dollars for a game instead of 60. But I had such a great time with the game that it might be a first day purchase, although I am hoping someone like Best Buy, Target, Amazon.com, etc. have a great deal on the game sometime during the holiday season...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:04 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

L4D was one of my most anticipated games, but seeing as the internet I use in my flat couldn't handle doing XBL, it got bumped down the list substantially. It is indeed a 4 player co-op campaign on Live, and the director supposedly makes it so that each run through feels different, with different pacing etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:32 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Or you could pre order it from Steam for $44, pre load it now so you can play it in 4 days, and be able to play it longer since there will be an actual community for it on Steam after 5 months.

It is not the greatness of Call of Duty 4 and will not have the staying power on consoles. It will end up meeting the same fate there that Team Fortress 2 did.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

While you're on steam preordering this find and download zombie panic. It's a half life mod featuring zombies vs survivors. Basically everyone starts as a human except one person that starts as a carrier zombie. As the carrier zombie kills people they turn into zombies and the game usually ends with a horde of zombies chasing around the last few survivors. Great free fun if you already own half-life two or one of the other source games on steam.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:56 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
I know I am in the minority on this, but I just prefer my FPS games on consoles instead of my PC. I know that the mouse interactivity is much better than with a console controller, I get that... I just don't like sitting at my computer desk playing a FPS. I use my PC for Everquest, strategy games (real and turn based), and card games (spider solitaire, online poker, etc).

And Givin might be right, the game is probably better on a PC and there will be a better community on the PC. Cool. Still doesn't detract from the fun that I had the other night, and that demo is the first demo in a long long time that I played that actually made me want to go out and buy the game at initial retail price. Not many do that anymore...

Offline Profile