Post subject: Motion for the PS3?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:16 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Sony patents new motion-sensing tech

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Motion for the PS3?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:37 AM 

Let Nintendo have their thing. If you like it, then buy a Wii. I didn't think it at first but after owning a Wii and a PS3 it's a gimic. If you like it that's fine it can be cool with a group of people, friends, or at a party. However, it just seems so copy-catish.

I don't know... I just ask why spend the money and resources on this technology? I don't see any major use for it outside what the Wii is already doing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:29 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Sixaxis sucks as it is. No need to add to it!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:39 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Elidrin
WoW: Avelle
Neesha the Necro wrote:
Sixaxis sucks as it is. No need to add to it!

What Neesha said. That stupid ass motion detection shit is the sole reason I won't buy a Wii.

Avelle 75 PLD/DRG/DRK/BRD
Midgardsormr - Active again
Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:45 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Motion is in the baby step phase right now. Everyone should know, that all next gen consoles will have full motion controls. So, I guess you won't be buying the PS4 or the Xbox 720, Elidrin :D

I wonder which system will offer the best motion based gameplay next gen. I'm thinking MS because they have tons more money, and they don't like to be second best at anything.

Last edited by Evilundead Afterlife on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:51 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Evilundead Afterlife wrote:
Motion is in the baby step phase right now. Everyone should know by now, that all next gen consoles will have full motion controls. So, I guess you won't be buying the PS4 or the Xbox 720, Elidrin :D

I wonder which system will offer the best motion based gameplay next gen. I'm thinking MS because they have tons more money, and they don't like to be second best at anything.

Those bitches better not be making everything motion controlled. I don't want to be flailing around to play games. :/

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:53 PM 

This is just my personal opinion but, if they keep traveling down these tangents i'll go buy a Nintendo, SNES, PS2 and forget about it.

Haven't they learned from the Power Pad, Power Glove, etc. People just want to play good games. Like I said, Nintendo did it right and they developed totally around their control design. They are living and dying by it but if you like what they are doing and it's your thing, it's very good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:01 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

elidrin wrote:
Motion is in the baby step phase right now. Everyone should know by now, that all next gen consoles will have full motion controls. So, I guess you won't be buying the PS4 or the Xbox 720, Elidrin :D

Those bitches better not be making everything motion controlled. I don't want to be flailing around to play games. :/

Well, the systems will have full motion setups, but I'm sure they will have options like the Wii does. Some of the games don't even use the Wiimote, and gamers can use the GameCube or classic controller instead. Just be ready for the next gen motion controllers, Elidrin ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I've been a huge supporter of motion sensing controllers, but as time goes on my hopes to see it as a standard dies. Why? Because so far nothing that the Wii has offered has been revolutionary in any way. So either, motion sensing in games is a gimmick (like everyone has been saying), or developers are just not trying hard enough. Or maybe a little bit of both.

There's still the motion + add on coming out, and the Wii still has a decent amount of time to prove that motion sensing is the next step in gaming. Though, while it is unfair to compare the DS software with the Wii's due to the costs and the amount of time it takes to develop games for each gaming device, by this time in the DS's life cycle the touch screen technology had already shown to not just be a gimmick. With the Wii, there's not a single game that shows this.

Is the wii remote fun? Yes, I love it! But most of the games that have come out have not really needed the remote. They could have worked the same with a regular controller. But again, the Wii still has more than half a life cycle, we'll see what happens. I hope it is good, and it proves that motion sensing controllers can become the standard, because I love the concept. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:39 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

elidrin wrote:

Well, the systems will have full motion setups, but I'm sure they will have options like the Wii does. Some of the games don't even use the Wiimote, and gamers can use the GameCube or classic controller instead. Just be ready for the next gen motion controllers, Elidrin ;)

The problem is not that games support motion, it's that some games support motion and nothing else. I've been interested in a few games for Wii but because you HAVE to use that stupid ass motion controller it turned me off. If you want to build in support for motion AND old school that's 100% fine with me, just don't force me to use that bullshit.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:57 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I think they'll make it so that players at least have the option to use motion controls on their next gen consoles, with some unique games to go with it - which is a good thing. More options = good. I think most games will have the option to either use it or not. I don't think we need to be worried about 90 percent of games in the future using only motion tech =)

I honestly just have no interest in the Wii because the game library is so limited, and kiddie. It would be nice to have motion-sensory on a machine that doesn't suck. They may be living and dying by it, but those of us who would like to try it but don't want a shitty machine are sorta left out to dry. I'm all for this change.

Offline Profile