It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:53 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good WiiWare games?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:09 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Just wondering what experience others have had with the WiiWare content.

LostWinds was fun, but very brief - which is fine considering how cheap it was.

Any other gems I'm missing? Chocobo's Dungeon or whatever it is looked interesting: I like those battlefield-grid Final-Fantasy-Tactics-like games. My Life as King is supposed to be alright but it sounds incredibly boring.

[Edit: And apparently Chocobo's Dungeon isn't a WiiWare game as I thought. ~_~]

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Good WiiWare games?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:27 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh, its dinner time ATM, and I will be back soon to give ya a few good titles you might want to download :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Mega Man 9!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

1. World of Goo: This game is on both the WiiWare service and for Windows downloads. Its a physics-based puzzle game, and it has a lot of char! The game gameplay is perfect for the Wii, and World of Goo has some online leaderboards ingame etc. The puzzle are pretty simple at first, but they do become a challenge like most games in this genre. I think you might really enjoy the game, and we have a thread here as well.

Wii Points: 1500 ($15.00)
Windows cost $20.00

2. Art Style:Orbient: Orbient is the first game in the Nintendo Art Style series, and its a remake of the bit Generations game. Here is my impressions from our thread here.

Quote:
Oh, I played Art Style: Orbient today, and I must say...its one hell of a title. If you play on buying the game, be prepared for a CHALLENGE and then some!! Orbient is a simple, yet challenging idea, that I should enjoy it a lot!

At first, the plain graphics and presentation was lacking when I started. "Hmm maybe this was not a good idea to buy" Then, after I started playing the game, it hooks ya and never lets go. You got to love it though. Simple gameplay, graphics the Nintendo DS can handle, but the game is very cool to play

I like seeing something different from Nintendo, but they need to work on their presentations a bit more. I know they love to use the "gameplay>all" card like no tomorrow, but give some more time to offer some better visuals at least. The music is good so far, and the challenge will keep you glued to the controller me thinks!

Wii Points: 600 ($6.00) A steal :)

3. Art Style: Cubello: The second game in the Art Style series. This time, its not a remake, but rather a whole new game for the WiiWare service. Cubello is a small download, yet it has some basic voice acting (very basic). It reminds me of Tetrisphere, but the gameplay is way different. Cubello is a puzzle/shooter game...thats the best way to put it. I really enjoy it the title myself. Oh, if you do buy it, make sure you increase the brightness setting (so you can see the colors a bit better) haha. Both Art Style games are a lot of fun, and offer gamers a nice challenge as well (Orbient is no cake walk). Great pick-me-up gaming.

Wii Points: 600

4. Dr. Mario Online RX: A remake of the old NES classic updated for the times. If you played the OG version, you know what Dr. Mario Online RX is all about. Dr. Mario Online is a blast online, and offers some new additions on the Wii. Like Mii integration, worldwide rankings and a new Virus Buster mode...which is fun with with some friends! When I play the game online, I get my ass handed to me. Its not easy thats for sure lol. I really need to focus on the single player before going back online. What makes Dr. Mario Online RX so much fun is the online elements. For me at least. Cant go wrong with this game. I can send a demo if you want to check the game out. Let me know.

Wii Points: 1000 ($10.00)

5. Bomberman Blast: 8 players online, and that is all you need to know! Go buy it, and thank me later lol. One thing to remember about any Bomberman game. Its meant to be played with other people...either online or with friends. If single player content is what you are looking for, skip it, and spend your money else where. But, if you love a great multiplayer game, Bomberman Blast delivers and then some.

Wii Points: 1000

6. Tetris Party: Yeah I know, one more puzzle game?!? I was not going to buy this game because I have Tetris DS (one of the best versions of Tetris ever!), and it has online gameplay too. So, I was going to skip Tetris Party...until I heard about the 6 players online features /grin. I just could not stay away. Please check out our Tetris Party thread for more information about all the new features, and modes the game offers. Also, you can sign up for some Lanys Board action if plan on getting Tetris Party.

Wii Points: 1200

These are the games I own now, and can recommend 100%. In the near future, I might be buying the following games, and I will post some feedback if I do.

Toki Tori -- Game Boy Color game remade for the WiiWare service. The game has some great reviews from gamers. A friend has it, and he loves it...a must have title in his eyes.

Defend Your Castle -- Mindless fun and cheap too (friend's review). A perfect time killer, and his girlfriend loves it lol

MadStone -- A brand new release, and the reviews have been good so far. I'm not sure if I'll get it because I have enough puzzle games atm.

That's about it for now. I know I'm forgetting one of two titles, but I will be posting more game releases as they come in. Each week they add a new game or two online. I love all three download services, and the WiiWare is on fire lately. Oh, and the spring update can't come soon enough. It will resolve the storage issues for the most part

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:59 PM 

Thanks for all the suggestions. I grabbed Mega Man 9 - good fun, but the frustration level is high. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Strong Bad. The price is a bit high at 1000 points though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:15 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I would wait for the Strong Bad box sets. They'll eventually release those like they did with Sam and Max.

Offline Profile