It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:19 AM 
What does this button do?

I now need to figure out this whole stupid friends code thing, i'll be posting mine as soon as I get home with Brawl. I've never even connected my Wii to the internet before so yeah guess i'll do that tomorrow.

What time are you gonna go to stand in line?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:09 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Well, is there a bigger Nintendo fanboi on these boards than Evilundead?! Probably him!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, Venen?!? :mumum:

No, I won't be getting SSBB at midnight. I can wait, and I don't even have a TV atm lol All of my consoles are packed up in storage boxes right now. It will be a few months before I buy a new TV.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
It's so funny when I think about shit I waited in line for once upon a time...mostly concert tickets.

Today I can't think of much that would get my ass in a line at midnight. I didn't even get in line for Harry Potter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
OMG BUT IF YOU DONT GET IN LINE IT MIGHT SELL OUT THEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG

Not waiting in line for this piece of delayed horse shit. I will buy the horse shit eventually.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:13 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, definitely won't be picking this one up. If I ever mod my Wii, I will probably download it for the sake of completeness.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I'm usually awake until 3 am on weekends, I might go check walmart out at midnight and if there's no line I'll get it, that's if I'm not busy cuddling. Otherwise I'll just get it Sunday morning. Don't see this selling out, though who knows.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Calling it "horse shit" when you probably haven't even actually played it is a bit much.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend camping out for it, or anything, but definitely pick it up if you find a copy, it really is a fun game. I think I prefer it to Melee at this point, simply because its slower paced (so you need to think more) and you *have* to make use of a character's entire moveset to be effective.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:52 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

You just have to get used to the haters. :>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:40 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Sorry didn't know my OPINION meant I was a hater and offended you so much!

For shame! Woe is me!

I will wear a large red H on my jacket to symbolize my opinion and difference in this world from now on.

Jesus christ this is an internet message board, lighten the fuck up lol.

If I think the sky is white I'll say that and you'll be like "wtf have you even seen the sky noob?" Maybe the only color I can see it in is white. It's called a different perspective.

Bai #1ratz (see what I did there, clever right?)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
I knew I'd be "waiting" for movies over here in the UK. I didn't expect it for video games.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) (2008) (Nintendo Wii)
Buy new: £34.99 £32.98
You save: £2.01 (6%)
Available for pre-order. This item will be released on 30 April 2008.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:02 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Jeeez Rugen! I wonder why the longer wait if the game is already translated to English, maybe they need extra time to translate it to the other European languages.

Though, you guys got Mario Strikers way before we did! :P

And wow, someone's got sandy vaginas.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:35 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I don't wait in line for games like I used to, regardless of the game.

But this does look crazy fun. I'll have to pick this up. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:59 PM 

Yeah I never can look at this game and take it serious like Tekken. I see people have tournaments for this and kinda laugh because besides using tons of unintentional exploits there isn't much depth at all to it but that's what makes it great at the same time, anyone can pick it up and get used to it really fast.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:09 PM 
Bridge Dweller

MedijinKazama wrote:
Yeah I never can look at this game and take it serious like Tekken. I see people have tournaments for this and kinda laugh because besides using tons of unintentional exploits there isn't much depth at all to it but that's what makes it great at the same time, anyone can pick it up and get used to it really fast.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The SSB games have traditionally been just mindless / drunk "fun" games, like most other Wii games. They don't require skill and pretty much you can just sit down, mash buttons, and have fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:14 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

While I wouldn't consider them to be fighting games on the same level as Tekken/Soul Caliber, I wouldn't call the Smash Brothers games "mindless / drunk fun games that don't require any skill".

There are very obvious differences between people who know how to play the game, and are decent at it, and people who are not. And this is just using actual game mechanics, not flawed game exploits.

Just think your being a tad bit too harsh. I'm not getting Brawl because I don't own a Wii. I owned Melee, and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 PM 

The rumor is most of the exploits got removed and the creator (Sakurai) added more stage hazards and said something along the lines of real men play with items hinting at that he wanted this game to be more fun then taken seriously.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:41 PM 
Bridge Dweller

While I think competetive video gaming is a joke for the most part -- I really get a chuckle out of people who think they seriously "compete" at SSBM/SSBB. Like I said, it's just a game where people can mash buttons and the ones who can mash them faster wins. 0 skill, but that's how the game is designed. To be picked up, and to have fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:01 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Nananea wrote:
Bai #1ratz (see what I did there, clever right?)

Hey, I didn't call you a hater, that was Gostok- I just said calling the game "horse shit" was a bit much, shrug.

And even in Melee, there is a *huge* difference in someone who knows what they're doing, and someone who is just "mashing buttons". Simple techniques like teching, short-hopping/fast-falling, dash-dancing, crouch-cancelling, etc- all of which were included in the game and *not* "glitches" like wavedashing, have profound impact on how you play the game. Calling a game like Melee one that requires 0 skill to *enjoy* is perfect- it can be picked up by anyone and it will still be really fun. However, you won't have a chance of beating someone who knows what they're doing (barring a heavily skewed handicap and a map with no walls).

Of course, most of that doesn't matter in Brawl anymore, as all of that except a few were removed. I think Brawl is the better game for it, as it will make casual online play much more enjoyable. I know I'm enjoying Brawl a lot more than Melee, anyways, and I was "one of those" types who played Melee fairly seriously.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:36 PM 

It shows =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:28 AM 

I decided not to go knowing that a large group of tourneyfags will be showing up at 10:00PM probably doubling the line since I just wanted to go in at 11:30, i'd be awake at that time anyways and standing in line for 30 doesn't bother me but standing in a line that will be huge because of some idiot tournament is not good times.

I really don't understand why they wanted to have a tournament at 10PM when they can't even sell the game until 12:01. The winner will probably have a modded wii or imported one. Also my gamestop is only 100-200SQFT, it's tiny, but the guy was telling me something like 200 people had placed preorders at this store so the line will be out the door and even less people can get in/check out because of the tournament that will be going on. I just wanted to get the game and leave like I did with Burning Crusade but oh well 9 hours won't make or break anything.

Oh and if you are going for the tournament they are forcing you to use the Wiimote/Nunchuck

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:58 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

U TWAT U SAYD U WUD PLAY WIT
Code:
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:55 AM 

Nananea we can play together just 9 hours later!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:10 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
So far the only game worth a shit to play with the wiimote has been mario party 8.

I have yet to find a use for the nunchuck other than wrapping it around my neck and hanging myself for still having this useless piece of shit console.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:12 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Givin, I know you don't like the Metroid Prime series (neither do I), but what did you think of the Wii Remote use in that game? Or rather for shooters in general, you don't see it as an upgrade form joysticks?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:06 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I played it and it's not that good to be honest. We bought it to my friend for his birthday, faked having to go to the convenience store and left mid party to get it at 11:45PM hehe. The combat just seem like 4 times slower of what I have seen in videos. Good thing Wii games don't cost like Xbox 360 games or we would feel ripped off. It's not a shitty game but I would probably qualify it as below average.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:58 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Fucking trailers always over-hype!

I want a game release to be secret, like back in the NES days, when you went to the game store and saw some new game on the shelf and were like, "Oh snap son, Star Tropics what's this I wonder?" and then you play it and actually are surprised to play it.

Fucking internet is ruining gaming.

Also, wtf is with WoW and letting fucking people pre-raid the shit so they insta-gib it on patch day. ANNOYING! AND THEY WONDER WHY THEIR CONTENT GETS MOWED THROUGH STUPID JERKWADS!

MAD-ANEA SIGNING OUT

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:19 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

3093-6740-5760

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:52 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I'll post mine later and will add your code to the other thread Nananea. Everyone else post your codes on the Wii Code thread plz. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:48 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
So

Is this the second coming of jesus?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:13 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Played it at a buddies house, it's ok but it's pretty much what I expected. Not too impressed.

Continue the jizzing though!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:23 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Single player Smash Bros always sucked in my eyes. It was the multiplayer with friends that made the game. Now, with the Internet, maybe it will be just as fun and stuff. Who knows.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:04 PM 
I am a Spaceman

0516 - 6955 - 2483

I completely suck at the game so far. The Subspace Emissary crap is pretty annoying, but most of the new characters and stages are great. Some of the new items are really stupid, especially the Kirby Air Ride thing you have to collect. There's too much Kirby stuff in general, I never played any kirby games but it all just seems really gay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:39 PM 

Brawl is good, but.....

IT IS TOO FUCKING SLOW. It's like they not only removed the cheap shit you could do from brawl, but removed any sense of chaos that came from a fast paced game.

I do like it however. But it takes some getting used to. Not really a complaint. The leap from SSB to Melee was kind of the same for me. It's very true what they say. If you like the game series, you will love brawl. Fuck Sonic tho. Megaman should have totally been in this.

As far as the metoid series goes. The wiimote didn't do anything to really enhance the first person aspect of it. Aiming with the wand, meh. Granted it was very much more accurate and precise than a controler, but after a while of holding that damn wiimote, your shit just gets tired. Pushing, puling throwing and swinging? Not really needed. The Metoid elements made the series a success when it went FPS, not the actual FPS elements. And if I have to scan one more fucking sensor, one more dead body or a broken pipe I'll throw this god damn wiimote through the window.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:42 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Has anyone managed to connect online with strangers?

I sit there for minutes punching the punching bag. Only thing I join instantly is the spectator mode. That darn Sonic was a bad player!

Also, codes added to the stickied thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:48 AM 

Apologies if you weren't, Evilundead =p You just seem to post about a lot of Wii stuff!

I still have to admit, some of the 1st party titles look very awesome. Not sure how innovative the gameplay is on all of these new Nintendo-developed titles, but they always do great polish on their games IMO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 AM 

Gosthok wrote:
Has anyone managed to connect online with strangers?

I sit there for minutes punching the punching bag. Only thing I join instantly is the spectator mode. That darn Sonic was a bad player!

Also, codes added to the stickied thread.

Yeah I played some mario guy, took about 10 minutes to "Seek" him he played two games and left =/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:57 AM 
I am a Spaceman

My Wii is fucked up with graphical glitches and so now I get to send it in to be repaired and wait three weeks for it to come back. Apparently leaving WiiConnect24 turned on causes the thing to overheat or something because the fan doesn't stay on in standby mode and the wireless card in the wii sucks and runs really hot. I'm super exicted about this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:55 AM 
Bridge Dweller

That blows man. I leave my Wii on WiiConnect24 and the blue thing blinks for weeks at a time, but it's also on the top of my entertainment center rack where I keep my consoles, 1 shelf for each unit so it's wide open. Hmm. Sorry man. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:59 PM 

Meta Knight is the king of cheese, But I like him.
King Dedede is garbage. He feels slower than Bowser with worse specials.
Luigis Final Smash cracks me up every time.
I hate Sonic.

All the supposed bug fixes, and yet its so easy to do a near infinate juggle with the fan still.

Some of the new stages are just, wow. What were they thinking?

I like it tho. Wife and I have lots of fun as we did with SSBM.

What is everyones prefered method of playing controller wise? I say you just can't beat a good ole Gamecube controller. The classic pad seems stiff to me. I guess I prefer the Gamecube one because it is most familiar.

And the "Too much Pokemon" thing pretty much kicked in for me as well. Half of them do the same dumb shit like bend over and throw turds at a rapid pace across the screen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

There can never too much Pokemon! Add all 349 IMO! ;)

I'm using the classic controller, I don't really mind it. Also, lots of people are kicking butt with just the remote, something I can't see myself using.

Some stages are amazing, some others are lame. Online play is laggy as hell when you play with everyone, not laggy at all when playing 1v1 with a friend, and starts to get unplayable the more people you add to friend matches. Hope they fix that soon, as it is really fun to play online.

Olimar, I try to like him, but ugh.
Snake, he doesn't fit, but he's sort of cool.
Sonic, I actually like him (wouldn't dare using him online with lag however).

I also love how some Final Smashes are completely lame, while some are one hit kills. Donkey Kong's final smash anyone? :X

It's a really fun game, I really wish the online mode was better, but meh, it's Nintendo. If they manage to get rid of the lag it will be at least enjoyable and fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:06 AM 
Bridge Dweller

W/ the advent of user created levels you just kinda have to take your lumps. Part of them being "user" created, is that they will give advantages to the users who ... created them. I prefer the gamecube controller, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:02 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
And the UK release is delayed to April 30th....

I knew I should have gotten a US console before I left. :p

Ah well, at least I know it will be fun. :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:31 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

So far for online I've only played "With Anyone" matches, and it's been hit or miss. I've never had to wait more than 2 minutes to search for opponents.

Some matches have had four people brawling and were zero lag. Others have had only three and it moves at less than 1 FPS the entire match. I think it has more to do with the individual's connection rather than the number of people in a match.

I was in a match once with 4 players where it lagged for 90% of the match, but it came down to sudden death between only two players and it became completely lag-free.

As for the characters, Luigi has been my fighter of choice since the original so I was glad to see that they hadn't messed with him aside from an odd Final Smash. Bowser seems a bit more usable than before, and his final smash is better than I thought it would be. I also used Peach a lot in melee but due to her Final she's practically worthless. I'm not particularly thrilled about any of the new characters yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:36 AM 

Not to derail, but:

Quote:
Fucking trailers always over-hype!

I want a game release to be secret, like back in the NES days, when you went to the game store and saw some new game on the shelf and were like, "Oh snap son, Star Tropics what's this I wonder?" and then you play it and actually are surprised to play it.

Fucking internet is ruining gaming.

I know this sentiment and agree to an extent, I enjoyed popping open a game I knew nothing about and actually finding out it's the best game I've played in a long time. And I also agree trailers massively overhype, to be expected.

But on the other hand I love the fact that I can youtube a game and get some taste for what it will be like. I know I have bought some games from that when I would not have considered buying them in the past, and actually turned out quite pleased with the results. It's not a surefire way; the only real way to experience a game is to actually play it hands-on, but it's better than nothing.

In short: Damn you interwebs for sponsored and fanboi-created trailers for games that suck, but also thank you interwebs for allowing me to investigate a little deeper before I buy a game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:43 PM 
Spider Slayer

King Dedede is slow, but he's got the ultimate cheese, infinite throw. So far only kirby and ike can escape it. Everyone else doesn't recover in time and either something else has to hit him (afaik), the player has to mess up, or you just get knocked off the ledge. It's especially cheap when going off the side results in a KO, like G&W's stage.

Diddy Kong is also very strong to play defensively, and can rape characters with no ranged attacks. His banana peels are that strong. That's with no items though. Items make things pretty even, you could even make a comeback with Jigglypuff down 2 lives if items are on. :P

I tried to like Meta Knight, but his normal attacks are pretty weak. So far I've got a 100% win rate with Zelda on no items. I personally prefer items on :P but the people I played with wanted them off. They don't like Zelda at all, she gets tons of damage on her up attack.

Sonic is pretty good too, there's a youtube video of how to use him. His aerial down attack is nice.

Offline Profile