http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYlGy7V3H3o&rel=1&border=1

Gameplay video, and stuff. Enjoy :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=29932

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New SSBB moives
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:50 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Am I the only one to think that the American version intro will have Rock & Roll music instead of Opera?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:42 PM 
Bridge Dweller

i wish i cared about this game. i can still play ssbm tho and it's the exact same thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:38 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I can't wait for this, and no I don't think they would put rock music on the intro. Everyone who has been following this game has been exposed to the theme for a long time now. And Smash Brothers Melee has the same intro as the Japanese. :)

As for the above poster, if you have been keeping up with the development of this game there's no way you can say this game is exactly the same as Melee. ;P

Really can't wait.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:26 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
based on his statement, i would think it's pretty clear that he hasn't been keeping up with the development of this game.

i'm in the same boat, however, i don't really need to play a fighting game with a bunch of characters from other games i've played long ago. i can play the one on the 64 and have roughly the same experience, which is slight entertainment for half an hour and then boredom.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:42 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Online Gameplay makes it better than the N64 and GameCube versions in my eyes :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 PM 
Bridge Dweller

i guess, but it's just more of the same. what is new and exciting in terms of gameplay and mechanics?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:33 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I used to keep up with it.

But then I had to keep keeping up with it because it decided to never come out.

I lost interest in it, and the Wii as a whole.

It will be a great game, and sell the console for sure. I am glad they didn't ruin it by going with some Wiimote gimmick.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:36 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Not lookin good for SSBB:

Quote:
For a game that has gotten so much hype for so long, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a lot to live up to. A lot. Not to mention pushed back release dates and rushed shipments. This is the game many Wii owners have been waiting for. But does it live up to those expectations? Yes, yes it does. This afternoon I played through a couple hours of the retail copy. In short: People who enjoyed previous Smash Bros. games certainly won't be disappointed.

Covering Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been madding. Bits of information flowing out, some of it important, most of it white noise. When you're in the thick of it, the PR machine is a little off putting — unless you've already made up your mind that SSBB is going to be ZOMG great. It's easy to write the title off as a Nintendo corporate circle jerk (it is). And the incessant dribbling from Sakurai and co. has kept surprises to a minimum, but perhaps that was the point? Not everyone likes to open their presents on Christmas Eve, though.

It's no secret that SSBB is really a GameCube 1.5 game. Yes, you probably could've even played this on your Nintendo 64, but that's not the point. But that's the thing, it's a throw back, a gentle reminder of games gone by. Just as Super Mario Galaxy turned traditional platform gaming on its ear, SSBB sticks by those conventions and sticks by them closely. It just does that bigger and grander than ever before. The best thing about the game is that it doesn't shoehorn in Wii-mote controls. It's the least Wii game Nintendo has published so far — even less so than Twilight Princess. The game is what Nintendo used to make before it started churning out other stuff.

The Nintendo 2.0 features are nice. The game is simple and fun — but previous Smash Bros. games were simple and fun! The quote-un-quote next gen features in SSBB come up short and/or half-baked. Imagine if the game had a proper online set-up? Now that would be something to be excited about. While the online features may seem lacking compared to what is offered elsewhere, the single player more than makes up for it. You could conceivably own the game, never fire up an online match and be happy as a clam. Think of Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a what if: What if Nintendo never made Brain Age, What if it never made Wii Sports. Think that and savor.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:18 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

That actually sounds like a badly written (is it from someone's blog?), yet possitive review of the game. He opens up with, "But does it live up to those expectations? Yes, yes it does." How is that bad?

The only bad thing is the online stuff. But if you are expecting 360 or even PS3 online capabilities on the Wii, then you are to blame. We know we won't get them. As long as I can connect to my friends with no lag though, I don't give a shit (Waring, I'll kick your sheep-fucking butt!).

Really Sky, what do you get out of your posts like this? Once you play the game and really don't like it I would understand. But now?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:20 PM 
Bridge Dweller

It is more of the same game, and it's hardly polished in comparison to its predecessors. Shrug, I just can't get worked up about a game that is the same in nearly every aspect. That's my point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:12 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I see (ignoring the fact that you don't know from first hand experience how polished or unpolished the game is), so you go to every post where people are excited about it and just express your dislike for it just because.

For someone with such an awesome life, better than everyone's around here, you sure like to go around complaining about a lot of things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Where did I ever say my life was better than anyone else's? Can you please post a link or quote?

I have argued that the game brings nothing new or unique in terms of gameplay to the series. No one has refuted that. Instead, they boast of online gameplay which is half-assed included.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:01 PM 
Spider Slayer

I don't see how that equates to not looking good for SSBB. It'll sell. I also would like that bloggers N64 because mine didn't put out graphics anywhere near the quality of the movies I've seen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:08 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I never said it won't sell. It will sell, and a ton. It's a flagship title. But, I'm saying it's nothing new and hardly worth all the ball swinging that it's fanboys tote.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Thinking of sales....SSBB did sell out in Japan (over 500,000 copies in the first day). Nintendo's first shipment to retail stores was pretty good if you ask me.

01. (-) WII - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) - 820,000 (NEW)
02. (-) PS3 - Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) - 205,000 (NEW)
03. (-) PS2 - Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut (Bandai Namco) - 117,000 (NEW)
04. (-) PS2 - Haruhi Suzumiya's Wonderment (Banpresto) - 114,000 (NEW)
05. (1) WII - Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 73,000 (1,356,000)
06. (-) PS3 - Disgaea 3 (Nippon Ichi Software) - 55,000 (NEW)
07. (-) 360 - Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) - 40,000 (NEW)
08. (4) NDS - Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 34,000 (175,000)
09. (-) PS3 - Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft) - 28,000 (NEW)
10. (2) PSP - World Soccer Winning Eleven: Ubiquitous Evolution 2008 (Konami) - 26,000 (102,000)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:00 PM 
Spider Slayer

xskycrasherx wrote:
I never said it won't sell. It will sell, and a ton. It's a flagship title. But, I'm saying it's nothing new and hardly worth all the ball swinging that it's fanboys tote.
So your definition of not looking good is popular and well-liked? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:15 PM 
Bridge Dweller

The series is popular and well-liked... but as far as this version goes, it's just more of the same. It's a rehash of the same bullshit, and that's gay. There is nothing new and unique to the series that merits another release...

How many different versions of the same game are you willing to buy?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:33 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

xskycrasherx wrote:
How many different versions of the same game are you willing to buy?

The Madden series is still alive and well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:46 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Heh, not really. The only thing that's keeping that series alive is the exclusivity deal with the NFL. For all other sports, EA loses. NBA, Hockey, NCAA, etc. Plus, they add new stuff to sports games. Any run-of-the-mill sports game has more depth than SSB games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:36 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Again, I'm waiting until I get my hands on the game before I can say anything in favor of it. But, have you looked at the story mode? Who knows how deep or not it is, but there's that.

So it's not completely more of the same. Same game mechanics? For the most part, but the game looks bigger and better than the last. If you don't like it that's fine, but you haven't even played it and every chance you get you talk bad about it. As you did with SMG and then you ended up having fun with it if I remember correctly. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:50 PM 
Bridge Dweller

No I said I disliked Super Mario 64. Camera sucked imo. Good leap into 3d but could never wrap my brain around it. Mario Galaxy did it right.

Anyhow, we'll see how this game pans out. I never said it was a stinker, but I just think right now, it's unproven and I have a failing it will fail to meet it's hype, despite selling a lot.

:drinkers: = Irish Car Bomb, imo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:00 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Not every game has to be new and innovative to be a success.

Nintendo found the formula with Super Smash Bros. Since then they've been building upon it to make it even better.

I don't know why you would claim it doesn't look good for SSBB based on an article that paints it in a positive light. The article states that if you are expecting the 2nd coming, you will be disappointed, which is true. But if you enjoyed the past games, then your experience will be just as enjoyable here with a lot more bonus features thrown in for added enjoyment.

It will meet and exceed expectations because it is more of the same plus some extras. Again, it doesn't have to be revolutionary, it just has to be fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:26 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
xskycrasherx wrote:
Heh, not really. The only thing that's keeping that series alive is the exclusivity deal with the NFL. For all other sports, EA loses. NBA, Hockey, NCAA, etc. Plus, they add new stuff to sports games. Any run-of-the-mill sports game has more depth than SSB games.

yeah but this year's madden (on current-gen) was as good as the game has ever been

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:55 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Gameplay- the only "similarity" to the previous games is the control scheme. Once you get past the basics, it's a completely different game from melee- almost NONE of the techniques from melee cross over to brawl (foxtrotting being the only big one so far that made it).

I cant comment on the single player, however, as I can't play it (or anything that plays a video), so I'm basically limited to multiplayer and the event modes. I can say, though, that the game is a hell of a lot of fun, and is totally worth the wait.

Offline Profile