It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

And the Playstation 3 in last place and stuff.

Quote:
December 13, 2007 - Videogame software sales tracker NPD Group released November data and, unsurprisingly, Nintendo's DS handheld and Wii home console held the number-one and two spots respectively. More than 1.5 million gamers picked up the DS in November and about 981,000 players picked up a Wii, according to NPD data. Microsoft's Xbox 360 console pulled in another 770,000 gamers; PlayStation Portable 567,000; PlayStation 2 496,000 and PlayStation 3 466,000.

The top-selling game of the month was the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4, with nearly 1.5 million in sales. Nintendo's anticipated platformer, Super Mario Galaxy, took the second spot with upward of 1.1 million. Other notable Wii success stories for the month include Wii Play (at number five) with more than 560,000 units sold; the Wii version of Guitar Hero III (at number eight) with more than 425,000 additional units sold (putting its LTD numbers at around 715,000), Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (at 11) with nearly 330,000 units sold, Lego Star Wars at nearly 180,000 units sold and High School Musical at roughly the same figure. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles sold through 120,000 copies in November.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption has sold through almost 500,000 copies in America since it released. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure continues to struggle at retail with less than 35,000 total sales.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/841/841406p1.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:28 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Wii games are selling like shit :( They really need some good games. 3 doesn't cut it. :(

My PS3 awaits good games. 1 doesn't cut it. (If you don't have a 360, then there are about 5 games worth picking up atm.)

My Xbox 360 is played most. With the Xvid/Divx support, it's used most as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:43 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

People are hording up Wiis to ebay, and Sky how about Uncharted? Rachet? Resistance? Warhawk? Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Heavenly Sword(While short was still pretty good)? Folklore?

And as far as Wii games Zack and Wiki is FTW!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:23 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I tried to play Uncharted. It's control scheme feels awkward. The gun aiming and what-not. As far as Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword, I hate their types of battle systems. It's just a button masher imo. In addition to that, the "interactivity" posed in Heavenly Sword is kind of lame. (Just my opinion) Haven't played Warhawk...

I played Resistance, I think that's one of it's good games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:43 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
People only buy Wii Play for the money saving controller bundle.

The rest of those games are complete shit. High School Musical? Come on. This is impulsive buying for children because parents see the cheap price tag.

Sales numbers doesn't mean anything when it comes to a systems quality. The Wii is cheap, and it appeals to more because they save a buck. Gears of War is still a lot more fun play through than Super Mr. Gay, and at this point the only one game I am looking forward to for the Wii has been met with almost as many delays as Spore has.

I gladly pay 60 bucks for a hot title, rather than sit and gaze at the 35 dollar horse turds behind the glass case wondering what in the hell they even are.

I'm sure Ninjabread Man is in the top ten for Wii because it's 20 bucks in the bargan bin.

It's been said by many, myself included that the Wii has been a huge disappointment as a long time investment for entertainment. Even flagship titles, maybe with the exception of Galaxy because it tries to capture on the success and nostalgia of Super Mario 64, are very meh. The novelty of the controller is pretty much gone as there are only so many ways you can bowl, play tennis, fish and fistfight one another before it becomes old.

Offline Profile