WoW: Proven
This game is fucking awesome.

Anyone else pick it up?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Assassin's Creed
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:46 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

I got it, I love it, I've almost beaten it now but I have been to damn busy! But I am getting close despite the fact. I LOVE THIS GAME. I hear some bad shit about it but this game has everything I love about being a rogue/assassin like character :)

Akaze

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:11 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
<3 assassin's creed

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:51 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I picked it up on release day but my tv is broken and I cant play it :*(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:43 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Assassin's Creed owns.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:09 PM 
Spider Slayer

Nov. 17th marked on calendar as the day skycrasher said he liked a game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:26 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Jeka wrote:
Nov. 17th marked on calendar as the day skycrasher said he liked a game.

Hahaha I guess I have to buy a Xbox360 now... damn it, why does the PC version only get released in 2008 =/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:57 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I have a feeling this is going to be a game that people either love to death or get bored with very quickly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:23 PM 
Bridge Dweller

A lot of people are calling it repetitive. I don't know though, I kinda enjoy the length and missions. Imo, the assassinations and such never get old.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:28 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The most legit argument so far that I've encountered is somewhat of a long load time here or there.

That is being nitpicky tho.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:44 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I have heard that the PS3 has to copy files to the HD (some 3.5 gigs?) to reduce load times. Any truth to that? I got it for 360.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:53 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Hate to be a spoiler on the whole AC bandwagon... but I heard two flaws- one, the game is ridiculously short (like a couple hours or so and you are finished)... and two, there is little to no replay value in it.

Is this just a couple day rental to love the experience, or is this a game to own?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:06 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I'm curious to see what they are doing for the DS version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:12 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
Hate to be a spoiler on the whole AC bandwagon... but I heard two flaws- one, the game is ridiculously short (like a couple hours or so and you are finished)... and two, there is little to no replay value in it.

Is this just a couple day rental to love the experience, or is this a game to own?

Kinda just started it but:
1) Short: Not really... Although i could see the game being short if you simply went after the main plot and only the main plot. I guess this could be likened to Fable, where the main story arc was rediculously short, but there was so much side story to the game you could do. It reminds me of the dark brotherhood stuff in Morrowind, just a bunch of murderin. I played for probably 4-5 hours and have only gotten thru 2/9th of the game i think, but theres so many side-tasks i havent gone to still that i plan to do.

2) Replay: Not sure but i can see this. Quite a few of hte missions are repetitive, the story seems compelling thus far, but since it wont change on replay i can see people saying this. HOWEVER i think theres something to be said about the fact you dont have to replay the game, you can simply roam around killing people and finishing all the side-tasks, and im sure that will fill more than enough time.

My only problem seems to be the mastery of the controls... I dont know why but for some reason i have problems pulling off quite a few moves that you get to learn, the only one i can do reliably is a counter-attack. Silently murder guards and others(or like surprise kills) is a lot harder than it looks... In multi person fights it kinda feels like im button mashing.

Overall: I would definately buy this game(if i had rented it, a family member beat it and sent to me). But I enjoy the stealthy ninja style games. If you like being stealthy this game definately is cool, and it has a really good feel for the controling of movement and stuff...

Formerly known as:
Dashkast Justifyer
75 Gnomish Puppy kicker

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

This game is incredibly repetitive. Amazing, but the experience doesn't change from the first mission to the last. I'm having a hard time finishing it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:28 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

So finally got the time to finish it...

This game was totally worth every penny it cost. I probably spent about 30 hours on it. I did all of the primary arc quests and all of the city based ones(saving citizens and climbing the high points). I even went back and finished all the miniquests for each of the targets that were missed initally by following what the game told me to do.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, I can see peoples issue with the repetitive tasks and possibly with the gameplay being short. If you only do the required 3 (rather than 6) pre-kill quests then you will be disappointed in the game length.

Replay value is basically null for me at this point as ive gotten all the achievments I care about. Im not into collecting 600 flags, and finding 60 hidden assassination targets... So that is definately a point someone could also hold.

Contrary to my original thoughts on control, it took me a little bit to fully realize the abilities you have at your disposal.. Part of the silent kill problems are from listening to what the game is telling you, instead of just doing it. Once you get the hang of the double-hits and the counter-kills, the game is awesome... Multi guard fights no longer seem anything like frenzied button mashing, once you get the controls and the guards get better/smarter the fights become 'fun'.

Counter kills with the hidden blade are awesome, they can shorten fights significantly because they are so easy at times.

Running, jumping, climbing and jumping off walls are FUN, once you realize what kinds of secrets you can get away with... I found myself hanging off walls and thinking i couldnt climb specific kinds of building in the beginning but with practice and just 'getting' how they want you to do it, its pretty awesome...

The story was truly epic for me. I didnt feel the same way as the character, but the entire time i was wondering where they were going with the story and wanted to know more... There was no real unexpected twist though, which would have been nice. Regardless, its kinda awesome to get a feel for how various people/leaders likely felt their actions were having on the land during the times of the crusade... While not historically accurate the game followed some genuine human truths that could be believable, and personified a lot of the things that would not really stand out in a history book.

So long story short:
Control: Easy to start, takes time to understand the full potential, very rewarding after that point
Story: Well done, mostly good voice actors(Altairs voice stood out though), compelling and believable
Gameplay: Repetitive but fun, Lots of side quests for all you collectors out there, even without theres plenty to keep the game going for at least 10-20 hours if you rush. Likely once youve gotten what you want out of the game, there is 0 replay value.
My Score: 8/10

I cant wait to see the second one, if it ever comes out(they hinted to it)!

Formerly known as:
Dashkast Justifyer
75 Gnomish Puppy kicker

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:33 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Im behind on the times but we just upgraded to 1080P 32" with a PS3 this is the first game i bought because of the graphics it uses and just wow at 1080p resolution its amazing!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:02 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I finished, a sequel is obvious(supposed to be a trilogy) but I wouldn't replay it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

It only took all of maybe a week playing before I beat it. Great game, the last assassination was pretty weak sauce but look forward to the next in the series.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
The ending pissed me off until I did some research. I'll play the sequels, but probably not back through the first now that I've done it once (which, as has been pointed out, was internally repetitive anyway). Worth the $30 I paid for it.

Offline Profile