It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pokemon and the ds
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:58 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

kk, we have 3 ds's.
we have diamond, pearl, mystery dungeon blue rescue team, and an advance firered version.

Can pokemon be swapped from one game to another?
Can the advanced game be swapped with?
Can a rare pokemon (manaphy) be sharred with another game?
If so to any of this.. how- in stupid form please!

I never played these, my kids do. The one asked, I have no idea.
Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: pokemon and the ds
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:10 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
Ok, the only games that are compatible to each other are Diamond and Pearl. The FireRed version is also, but I'll get into that later. Mystery Dungeon is a game on his own and is only compatible with Mystery Dungeon red for the GBA, but this game is not compatible at all with the other three so lets forget about it.

In Diamond and Pearl you can trade your Pokemon with each game. Pretty much, in game A you capture a Pokemon, for example a Pikachu, and you can transfer him to Game B, but you need a Pokemon to swap with it with. And yes, you can transfer any Pokemon you catch in Diamond annd Pearl with any other Diamond and Pearl. Doesn't matter how rare, or how common.

Now, FireRed works in a different way. After you achieve certain things in FireRed you are allowed to transfer Pokemon to Diamond and Pearl. But these transfers are a ONE WAY transfer only. So, once it leaves FireRed it can't go back, but it can be transfered with any other Diamond and Pearl. You also don't need to trade it with another Pokemon, these are just transfers not trades.

So, in essence only the kids with Diamond and Pearl can trade with each other any Pokemon they have. FireRed can transfer any Pokemon to Diamond or Pearl as a one way transfer. And Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is not compatible at all with the other 3 games.

Hope that helps :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:13 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Just a note about Manaphy- you can trade them just fine between any D/P games. However, it has a unique property in that, its the only Pokemon that is breedable, but will not end up with itself. When you breed a manaphy, the resulting egg is a phione, which will *never* evolve back into manaphy. Because of this, I'd be wary about trading the manaphy, as its pretty hard to get (need to beat Pokemon Ranger, then you get one).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 PM 
I am a Spaceman

Read the instruction booklet that comes with Diamond and Pearl, it has all the steps to trade laid out and with pictures. It really is quite simple. Pages 31-3 for transfering from a GBA game. Pages 37-8 for trading from DS to DS.

There are in-game locations in Diamond and Pearl that you must go to in order to access the transfer/trading functions. For trading between DS games you just have to go up any of the stairs in a Pokémon Center and access the Union Room, which will automatically detect other local DS Pokémon games.

To transfer from a GBA game to a DS game you must have the GBA cartridge inserted in the DS before you power on the system and then start the game and go to PAL Park. The PAL Park only opens up after you have beaten the main part of the game. You can only transfer over 6 GBA Pokémon per day, and Pokémon can only be transfered from the GBA to the DS, not vice-versa.

Like Gosthok said, Mystery Dungeon doesn't interact with any of the other Pokémon games.

As for Manaphy, you would need to have obtained one from the special event last month at Toys R' Us or obtain one from the game Pokémon Ranger. You can also get one by manufacturing it with an ActionReplay (a third party device that essentially hacks the game cartridge) or trading for someone elses via the global wi-fi trading function. Any Pokémon must be traded on a one-for-one basis, so you can not share it in a way that it would exist on two games at once.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:02 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I wouldn't recommend hacking the card card. A lot of the time hacked pokemans can mess up game saves and even ruin game cards.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:22 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Thanks, my oldest understood it all just fine.
Was nice to know the pages to highlight in the manual too.

One got manaphy from toys r us, the others bday was afterwards so he didnt get it. Good to know he wont make another one.

Thanks fellas!

Offline Profile